Author Topic: Siglent SDG 805 boot problem  (Read 21190 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDG 805 boot problem
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2023, 07:50:17 pm »
"Device recovery by USB flash drive", not working for this unit. It stays stuck at Siglent startup screen indefinitely with Kingston or Sandisk 8Gig flash drive.
::)
What did my email say, report the outcome to me !
We have other ways and we need discuss details via email.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2023, 08:47:59 pm »
"Device recovery by USB flash drive", not working for this unit. It stays stuck at Siglent startup screen indefinitely with Kingston or Sandisk 8Gig
flash drive.

Try downloading "SD Card Formatter" and format both SD cards with that utility, and try again.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2023, 08:57:46 pm »
"Device recovery by USB flash drive", not working for this unit. It stays stuck at Siglent startup screen indefinitely with Kingston or Sandisk 8Gig
flash drive.

Try downloading "SD Card Formatter" and format both SD cards with that utility, and try again.
Please butt out Josh as we have several ways to recover these but we try the simplest methods first to gauge the skill of the owner.
It can be quite complex for some so we hold their hand so to get a good result.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Raz

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2023, 04:10:55 pm »
Just got repaired today after a chat with a Siglent support tech.

Offline bartopesto

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2023, 03:26:28 pm »
I must add my name to the list... I own a SDG805 since many years (out of warranty); today I tried to update the firmware from SDG800_V100R008B01D01P08 (which worked) to the last version, SDG800_V1.08.01.15R2. Even though I followed the instructions to the letter, the machine went into bootloop when it automatically restarted at the end of the update. It is now locked at the "Siglent" splash screen. May I have the recovery image to put in the USB key? If necessary I can also open and tamper with the circuits (but I'd rather not). I'm sending a PM with my e-mail to tautech, just in case... Thanks in advance!

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2023, 05:51:42 pm »
I must add my name to the list... I own a SDG805 since many years (out of warranty); today I tried to update the firmware from SDG800_V100R008B01D01P08 (which worked) to the last version, SDG800_V1.08.01.15R2. Even though I followed the instructions to the letter, the machine went into bootloop when it automatically restarted at the end of the update. It is now locked at the "Siglent" splash screen. May I have the recovery image to put in the USB key? If necessary I can also open and tamper with the circuits (but I'd rather not). I'm sending a PM with my e-mail to tautech, just in case... Thanks in advance!

Your version was really very old V100R008B01D01P08

As you can see it is not included even version history pdf (included inside update zip)

If I remember right it can not update directly from this extremely old version. It may need first intermediate update.
(sad there is not list of compatible FW versions list, but when user see his current FW is not even listed in new version update package "version history"  it is good signal to user that first is good to ask before update... )

But now it is late for this because its status is now as you told...

I am quite sure, after this failure, it need now SD card recovery. For this there need do also some simple SMD rework  (before SD recovery and then return changes back to original. Enough bad mistakes there and it is electronics recycling stuff. But when all is done carefully ok, it is quite robust way to Recover.  There is instructions in recovery package including also Hewlett-Packard tool for do SD card formatting.)

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline bartopesto

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2023, 08:42:03 am »
Thank your for your answer.
Yes, my version was pretty old, but the installation instructions of the latest version (V1.08.01.15R2) say that:

> If the firmware version in your SDG800 is after 1.08.01.08 (included), please install the latest ADS file directly.

I would be glad to try the SD card recovery procedure (a non-booting generator is totally useless!), but cannot find in the siglent site (nor anywhere else) the SD "recovery package" with instructions you mentioned. May you point me in the right direction?

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2023, 10:06:01 am »
Yes, my version was pretty old, but the installation instructions of the latest version (V1.08.01.15R2) say that:

> If the firmware version in your SDG800 is after 1.08.01.08 (included), please install the latest ADS file directly.

I would be glad to try the SD card recovery procedure (a non-booting generator is totally useless!), but cannot find in the siglent site (nor anywhere else) the SD "recovery package" with instructions you mentioned. May you point me in the right direction?
By email please.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, bartopesto

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2023, 10:13:27 am »

Yes I was looking some one my old case and yes in new documentation this is also well explained by Siglent. Updated now in my old head too. ;)

You need SD recovery package with all instructions.
It is not public share.  PM me or @tautech here and after then email.

ETA: oh yes tautech was fast...   :-+
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: bartopesto

Offline bartopesto

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2023, 04:18:59 pm »
I have been able to recover the full functionality of my SDG805 with the SD card recovery procedure. Many thanks to tautech who provided files and instructions, and to rf-loop for useful advice.

Offline HamUser

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2024, 07:18:00 pm »
Good evening,

I also have the problem with the "Kernel Starting..." in the display.... on a Siglent SDG 830.
 I would be very grateful for any help.

Best regards,
Daniel

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2024, 07:24:41 pm »
Good evening,

I also have the problem with the "Kernel Starting..." in the display.... on a Siglent SDG 830.
 I would be very grateful for any help.

Best regards,
Daniel
Welcome to the forum.

Send us PM with your email and I'll be in touch.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline free71xu

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2024, 08:22:10 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm uncertain if my SDG810 is experiencing the same boot issue. It appears to boot to the normal screen, but none of the function buttons respond despite being lit up. Interestingly, when I plug or remove the USB disk, it recognizes the disk and emits a beep. I've tried using the USB recovery software provided by Siglent, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I purchased this unit around 2016, and I'm unsure of the firmware version as it freezes before verification. Is there any way to recover it?

Thank you in advance,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf