Author Topic: Aarontek ADS2050  (Read 84 times)

Offline cliffyk

• Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
Aarontek ADS2050
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:11:52 am »
I bought this inexpensive, tiny DSO ($53.00 from Amazon) expecting it to be just a cute little toy--however after playing with it for a bit I find it to be a real surprise:

The specs are not spectacular, but it does what it does surprisingly well:

I found its analog bandwidth to be down just 1dB @ the rated 5 MHz (this is a practical limit as the sample rate is just 20 Msps):

(the vertical lines in the display are an artifact of my handheld flash photo process and are not visible to the eye)

It is quite well made with a nicely soldered fiberglass PCB, it has a USB chargeable 1500 mAh (in the unit I received) Li-Po battery. One disappointment is that though it can save waveforms to its 16 MB internal memory, there is no digital interface to retrieve same to a PC or other device. However within its capabilities it is quite competent and will be great for automotive troubleshooting... 

The UI is menu driven utilizing differing icons at the lower left of the display to indicate the current arrow key functions (selected via the MODE|OK button), however it is easily mastered. Some of the terminology is a bit odd, E.g. "cage" ON/OFF for the display grid (8 x 4 divisions, can't have everything for $50), and "multi buffer" and "afterglow" for persistence--but the vertical sensitivity and timebase settings are in the good ol' 2-5-10 sequence we all grew up with..

« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:07:58 pm by cliffyk »
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf