Author Topic: Missing plastic cap on input probe on the DHO804  (Read 572 times)

Offline mkosettTopic starter

• Contributor
Missing plastic cap on input probe on the DHO804
« on: January 20, 2024, 11:23:27 am »
I just got my DHO804 and i see no plastic cap on the input probe as how it should be in the attached picture below. Should i be worried? .... I bought it in India, does it have to do something with that?

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Missing plastic cap on input probe on the DHO804
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 02:07:48 pm »
My guess is that it was returned.

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 03:38:42 pm »
I just got my DHO804 and i see no plastic cap on the input probe as how it should be in the attached picture below. Should i be worried? .... I bought it in India, does it have to do something with that?
Worried about what exactly?
How did your unit arrive, was it wrapped & sealed - all for your protection.. you should incl. that fundamental info, if people should have any aspect of guessing on your behalf if there is something to be worried about..
And why should India as a purchase location be synonymous with missing plastic caps?

I don't have a DHOxxx, but got another product from Rigol a month back (sig gen) using the same form factor... it got 6xBNC sockets and none of those had plastic/silicone caps.
Units fresh out the own - will usually have an official Rigol tear-sticker, alongside thin plastic film...exampled on my unit below, though quite an early unit snxxx000000013

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 09:43:32 pm by DaneLaw »

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 08:09:28 pm »
but seal was intact. and also the stock is fresh ( print date of manual is 4th jan 2024)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 08:11:29 pm »
Factory worker left them off during packaging then is the most likely thing. Or they ran out of stock on the line, and thus a few dozen did not get these caps. You can buy them and put them on.

The following users thanked this post: mkosett

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 08:14:47 pm »
Yes that's quite possible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf