Author Topic: Kikusui PAK20-18A unstable output  (Read 2255 times)

Offline rvalenteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Kikusui PAK20-18A unstable output
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:08:31 am »
Hello mates,

got this great little power supply from Kikusui, 20V, 18A in a very small package, the unit is working alhtough the output is floating a lot, +/-300mV.
The worst side of janapenese TME is their total lack of sharing information policy, its almost impossible to find service manuals and any information.

Can someone help me here?

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
Re: Kikusui PAK20-18A unstable output
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:29:16 pm »
Don't know if it helps:
The thing looks like a switching mode power supply (should be obvious if you open the box). A common reason for output instability is the feedback loop of the smps / pwm controller. My hint: open the case, try to identify the control loop IC and supporting components, search for datasheets to get an idea of the construction and circuit. Then try to watch the feedback / control loop waveforms and search for worn out components and so on.
It's way more difficult to do without a service manual, but in my opinion still achieveable since it's "just a power supply" and not something really fancy bag of tricks like the Datron 1061 multimeter (without the service manual no way to understand whats happening inside).
Safety devices hinder evolution

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf