Author Topic: Lecroy model descriptions  (Read 786 times)

Offline alexjaw69Topic starter

Lecroy model descriptions
« on: March 22, 2018, 05:08:44 am »
I'm looking for a Lecroy 9354 on ebay and found that there are a number of different models A, AM, L, CM, etc...

I though this was simple but having searched around for a while I still don't know what the letters describe.

Offline alexjaw69Topic starter

Re: Lecroy model descriptions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:57:38 am »

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
Re: Lecroy model descriptions
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 09:54:17 am »
  The chart that they show at the link is directly out of the specification section in LeCroy's manual for the scope. I think it's also in the brochure for the scope. The problem with LeCroy is that those letter suffices don't always mean the same thing form one series to another so you have to find the specifications for your model's specific series.   The good news is that in the real world those letter suffices (and the corresponding memory size and speed) make little difference unless you're really pushing the acquisition speed limits of that series. The LeCroy scopes have some outstanding hardware and software options but you have to power them up and use the software menus to see what is enabled in each individual scope since there's no way to tell from just the model number.

I have four 9354s and IMO they're GREAT scopes, but they are a bit long in the tooth. But they DO seem to last far longer than the Tektronix scopes as far as capacitor failures are concerned and their math capabilities runs circles around the HP or Tektronix scopes! And the other GOOD news is that LeCroy has released the code to enable the software options so it's very easy to turn on all of the options.  Also the main memory (not the acquisition memory) uses standard (a while back now!)  SIMMs so you can add more main memory very cheaply and easily.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf