Author Topic: Agilent 54381M with XP crashes after loading MUP.SYS  (Read 184 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline v0ynichTopic starter

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: lu
Agilent 54381M with XP crashes after loading MUP.SYS
« on: September 27, 2026, 07:58:09 am »
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of modernising my 54381M. The HDD has been replaced by an industrial 16GB CF card. RAM size is now 512MB. The Windows 98 in the original HDD has been cloned to the CF with clonezilla and works perfect with this setup.

Now I want to upgrade it to XP with Tony's image but I'm stuck already for a few weeks. I can't make it work no matter what boot option I choose (safe, vga only, last good config, etc) or BIOS settings I use. It just automatically restarts once it reaches MUP.SYS
I've tried AI, I've gone through all (I think) threads on this topic but I'm unable to figure it out. I have also tried with an SSD and the IDE-SATA adapter from startech instead of the CF but the behaviour is exactly the same.  |O

Ideas?

Thanks for all the good work in the other threads!
 

Offline coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8780
  • Country: ca
Re: Agilent 54381M with XP crashes after loading MUP.SYS
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2026, 11:02:04 pm »
can you disable the auto restart option in case of problems, it should force the error to show up ?

mup error ?

https://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/126264/computers/what_the_heck_is_an_mupsys_error.html
 

Offline v0ynichTopic starter

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: lu
Re: Agilent 54381M with XP crashes after loading MUP.SYS
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2026, 06:15:09 am »
I already tried that but it does not prevent the automatic restart  :-BROKE
 

Offline coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8780
  • Country: ca
Re: Agilent 54381M with XP crashes after loading MUP.SYS
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2026, 06:06:53 am »
and this ?

Disable Automatic Restart  XP
• Right-click My Computer on your desktop or Start menu.
• Select Properties to open System Properties.
• Click the Advanced tab.
• Find the Startup and Recovery section and click the Settings button.
• Look under System failure and uncheck the box next to Automatically restart.
• Click OK on all open windows to save your changes

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/7049
« Last Edit: September 29, 2026, 06:11:07 am by coromonadalix »
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->