Products > Test Equipment

Siglent SDM3045X - Enough is enough

<< < (20/21) > >>

tautech:

--- Quote from: MarkKn on March 14, 2023, 01:09:53 am ---
--- Quote from: tautech on February 04, 2023, 03:49:15 am ---
--- Quote from: MarkKn on February 04, 2023, 03:05:32 am ---My 3045 locked up again—simply measuring dc voltage and it locked in ‘overload’ power off and on resolved. Looking forward to some better firmware.

--- End quote ---
What version are you on ?

Latest is Version: V5.01.01.07R1
Please confirm boot settings ? Default or Last ?

For the last year or so every unit leaves here set to Last and as yet not been contacted by customers with boot problems. Something you might like to also try as if we can find settings that lead to freezes we have better info to give the SW engineers to provide a fix.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for looking into this. I did not change the boot setting and it was set to factory. I changed it to last. I don't know what that setting does, but from your comment, I am interpreting that as a suggestion to boot from last to reduce problems. I note that it has booted without problems, and froze up later, but I am willing to try and see if that helps. Since the problem is intermittent, not sure of a way of knowing that its fixed...

I did register the product with siglent and sent them an inquiry as to warranty service. On the siglent website I was looking at, I could not find anything listing the process for seeking repair under warranty. The email was to sales, but perhaps they will know where to forward it. I am in USA. I like the meter quite a bit in general, I have two of them, but this occasional locking up is concerning. I note that it has only been booted 23 times--I don't use it often.

--- End quote ---
This conversation belongs here where you can read my detailed reply and requests:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-new-bench-dmm-sdm3055/msg4753937/#msg4753937

Please shift the conversation there.

bobt:
FYI,

I have received a simple voltage reference... 2.5,5,7.5 and 10 volts measured exactly the same ( depending on the number of digits available ) for the 3045X and 3055X-E firmwares..

Have not checked anything else yet but for sure looks promising

Bob

jemarro12:
Hi, i´ve used described method to change fw to 3055x-e and then reverted back to 3045x-e and it works flawlessly. No differences in measure (apart from 1+ digit).
When 'hacked' to 3055x-e no problem updating new firmware  (as SDM3055X-E_2.01.01.15R1).
I´m really glad to tv84 and all of u guys for the effort!!
Sould be able to open telnet when hacked to sdm3055x-e?? i´m only able to telnet when using telnet_SDM3045X.ads. This fw is only usable when prodID is 3045x (can´t use telnet over sdm3055x-e)

Thanks!!

WimV:
Is it only possible to go from SDM3045X to SDM3055S-E or can I also go to SDM3055? I ask so because the frimware of SDM3055 has evolved much further than that of SDM3055X-E. thx in advance.

KungFuJosh:

--- Quote from: WimV on February 05, 2024, 07:35:48 pm ---Is it only possible to go from SDM3045X to SDM3055S-E or can I also go to SDM3055? I ask so because the frimware of SDM3055 has evolved much further than that of SDM3055X-E. thx in advance.

--- End quote ---

Not likely, they're different hardware. The SDM3045X and the SDM3055X-E are the same hardware. There's a dedicated thread now for the upgrade: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sdm3045x-to-sdm3055x-e-improvement-thread/msg5051191/#msg5051191

I own both the SDM3055X-E upgraded DMM, and the SDM3055. They're both great, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything switching between the 2 (except the fan noise).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version