Author Topic: Siglent SDM3065X  (Read 12283 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDM3065X
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 09:25:37 pm »
(I've got the SDM3065X from a Batterfly promotion at 585 E -no VAT ).
That was a good deal with ~100 Euro off.  :)

BTW, no reply yet on the thermocouple measurement offset yet so I'll shoot another reminder email through.
Have you tried another thermocouple to find one that measures closer to true ?

I only ask as the Vichy VC99 one I have measures quite close to actual, not some 5 C off like the one you have.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 10:49:44 am »
Yes, ok,  and is the warranty problem . Maybe is not too much but it's costly to repair such baby ...
Shit happened , look here  : .
For me the best option was SDM3065 although I am not a Siglent fan . I had a choice between Rigol and Siglent and the winner was Siglent due to the LCD display. If it had not been the LCD I would have chosen Rigol with eyes closed.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:41:53 pm by skander36 »

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 10:58:28 am »

BTW, no reply yet on the thermocouple measurement offset yet so I'll shoot another reminder email through.
Have you tried another thermocouple to find one that measures closer to true ?

I only ask as the Vichy VC99 one I have measures quite close to actual, not some 5 C off like the one you have.  :-//

I test another type with the same termocouple , E-type and is getting closer , at only 2 grade , but what good is 5 decimals then ?
It must be a way to modify those files . (download/edit/upload) .
If you are getting a response please share .
Thank you very much !

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 11:03:10 am »
Yes, ok,  and is the warranty problem . Maybe is not too much but it's costly to repair such baby ...
Sheet happened , look here 

Yes I sold that unit to Defpom.
Oh yes, and on that matter check the fuses in your SDM3065X.
There's been some issues with the wrong fuses used.....the rear panel should be fast blow 10A and the internal one slow blow 12A.
See here for background and understanding:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sdm3045x-ma-current-measurement-weird-behaviour/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: skander36

Offline wolfy007

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2018, 05:45:16 pm »
I bought a sdm3065x three months ago, but still havent used it in anger. It came in and despite having a Siglent cert saying calibration checked in may this year it was out of spec. I have bought a few pieces of Siglent gear over the years with no issues, but I guess my expectations for a 6.5digit multimeter not being delivered out of spec made this experience a little disappointing.

In any case its currently still at Siglent, Im assuming getting a re-cal but they have had it 6weeks and got a promise last week it would be shipped back this coming week. I did buy it from overseas because the Australian distributor promised delivery twice and didnt deliver, so they had my money for 5weeks and then gave me a story it world be another three weeks, so I cancelled and purchased overseas and got it in a week only to get one thats out of spec. Another reason this has all been disappointing, not currently happy with Siglent.

Sorry for a downer of a post, guess I just needed a little vent.

The following users thanked this post: KG7AMV

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2018, 06:48:10 pm »
I bought a sdm3065x three months ago, but still havent used it in anger. It came in and despite having a Siglent cert saying calibration checked in may this year it was out of spec. I have bought a few pieces of Siglent gear over the years with no issues, but I guess my expectations for a 6.5digit multimeter not being delivered out of spec made this experience a little disappointing.

In any case its currently still at Siglent, Im assuming getting a re-cal but they have had it 6weeks and got a promise last week it would be shipped back this coming week. I did buy it from overseas because the Australian distributor promised delivery twice and didnt deliver, so they had my money for 5weeks and then gave me a story it world be another three weeks, so I cancelled and purchased overseas and got it in a week only to get one thats out of spec. Another reason this has all been disappointing, not currently happy with Siglent.

What ranges were out of spec if I may ask ?
What reference did you use to check them ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Synthtech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2018, 10:11:53 pm »

Interesting, I noted last week that the Australian distributor has removed the pricing for this meter from their website and replaced it with a “contact us for price” message. I had been tempted to buy one some months ago and as part of the decision making process I called them and asked who their recommended calibration lab was and the person that I spoke to had no suggestion, I wondered if it was even a consideration for them. In the end I decided to avoid the brand in case I found myself in a situation where I took it to a cal lab in the future and found that they didn’t deal with Siglent gear or have right docs or if it requires some kind of hardware key like the Instek meters. I have an Instek 5.5 digit bench meter and it has drifted badly so it’s basically a junker, I don’t have a cal key for it to take with it to a cal facility.

To be fair Rigol might be in the same boat, I purchased one of their 5.5 digit meters from Emona a couple of years ago and Emona do have an in-house calibration service but 5.5 digits is as high as they go for multimeter calibration so if I had purchased a 6.5 digit meter from them I would have been looking for another cal lab anyway.

Fortunately I have a rock solid Agilent 34401a that I can use to keep an eye on the other meters and getting it calibrated is no issue.

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:25 am »
I have an Instek 5.5 digit bench meter and it has drifted badly so it’s basically a junker, I don’t have a cal key for it to take with it to a cal facility.
As far as I'm aware that cal key is nothing more than a resistor (or even a dead short) between two of the pins in the USB plug. Sorry for the OT.

The following users thanked this post: Synthtech

Offline wolfy007

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 04:43:15 pm »

What ranges were out of spec if I may ask ?
What reference did you use to check them ?

Unfortunately I cant put my hand on the log data (I re-arranged the  home lab since then) but I remember it being 2v and 20v DC ranges (mV range seemed to be OK), I didnt check other ranges mainly concentrated on these DC voltage ranges after noticing larger than expected numbers. 

I was using IanJ's PDVS2 and comparing the 3065x readings against my 3458A and 3457A. I sent some data back up the chain  with a picture and was asked to send it back for Siglent to re-calibrate. Unfortunately my Fluke DC calibrator needs some attention and my 4808 project is still in repair phase and then needs calibration.

Offline Kibabalu

• Regular Contributor
computing confidence interval for SDM3065X in DCV and DCI mode
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2022, 08:35:42 am »
Result of a lazy and boring Christmas Day: Two CLI c programs for computing the confidence interval for a SDM3065X in DCV and DCI mode.

For both kinds of operating systems, Unix and Linux, just compile and link the programs using gcc

gcc dcv_ci.c -o dcv_ci

resp.

gcc dci_ci.c -o dci_ci

usage examples: Start up a terminal and use the functions like shown below.

❯ ./dcv_ci 2.5
+/- 0.000180.
[2.499820 2.500180].
❯ ./dci_ci 5
+/- 0.008000.
[4.992000 5.008000].

Maybe it's useful for some of you too.

Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 08:46:49 am by Kibabalu »

The following users thanked this post: skander36

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2022, 08:47:54 am »
Linked on the SDM3000 thread but not yet here:
https://www.thedefpom.com/siglent_sdm_calibration.php

Might be useful for those that have trusted references they can adjust their meters to.
Defpom has some videos for guidance on adjustments and using his website to construct the adjustment files.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf