Products > Test Equipment

Siglent SDS-1202X-e waveform issues

(1/8) > >>

JiaRen:
So recently I received a Siglent scope as a gift, it has been reported to be working just fine. When i tried to use it and hooked up to it's internal square wave generator, the waveform looked out of place. Even the compensation screw on the probe is not working.

Even if I probed my DAC that is outputing a 1khz sinewave, it also looked messy. I asked my friends that is using the same model and they stated that it is weird. One of them pointed out that it looks like its oscillating on the square wave. I tried everything, self calibration, updated the firmware to the latest on the siglent website. I seem to ran out of options to address this issue.

bdunham7:
Try this:

1) turn scope on
2) press "Default" button
3) connect CH1 probe to the calibrator output
4) press "AUTO SETUP"

JiaRen:
Tried that a lot of times already, still no change

JiaRen:
I played the unit abit more and I put the memory depth to 140k, and it did an okay square wave but not clean. as soon as i go to other bit depth, the square wave is noisy. THe thing that concerned me is the frequency, it doesnt say F = 1.000000kHz but instead F > few mhz

tautech:

--- Quote from: JiaRen on December 03, 2022, 07:00:48 am ---I played the unit abit more and I put the memory depth to 140k, and it did an okay square wave but not clean. as soon as i go to other bit depth, the square wave is noisy. THe thing that concerned me is the frequency, it doesnt say F = 1.000000kHz but instead F > few mhz
(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---
Set to max and ensure the trigger level indicator is within the amplitude of the waveform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version