Author Topic: Siglent SDS1000X HD 12bit DSO's  (Read 59757 times)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Siglent SDS1000X HD coming
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2023, 09:09:17 am »
I once asked, the answer was sometime between September 2023 and February 2024.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2023, 10:01:14 am »
I once asked, the answer was sometime between September 2023 and February 2024.

I hope they understand the significance of "Christmas" in this market segment. ::)

And year-end, for commercial or institutional customers with leftover budget.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2023, 04:10:17 pm »
I don't see objectivity, I see shilling.
Ooooh, conspiracies all around you, eh? I wonder, is your earth flat?  I bet it's all NASA's doing, right?

Well in the end, no one is stopping you from buying the Rigol and stopping your bellyaching.  In my experience Rigol are just not made with as much attention to quality, usability, detail and support.

It's like the difference between a Honda Civic and a Kia Forte.  The Honda is just better built and more than worth the extra 20%.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2023, 05:18:26 pm »
It's like the difference between a Honda Civic and a Kia Forte.  The Honda is just better built and more than worth the extra 20%.

We're shilling for Honda now? Shit, I didn't get the memo.  |O
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2023, 05:19:37 pm »
We're shilling for Honda now? Shit, I didn't get the memo.  |O
:-DD :-DD :-DD
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2023, 05:31:38 pm »
LOL...

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2023, 05:35:48 pm »
BTW list of people thanking your post is also very telling - all the same shillspeople again :-DD

It is called "agreeing with someone's statement."

But I can see how you are not familiar with the concept....

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2023, 05:39:07 pm »
I hope they understand the significance of "Christmas" in this market segment. ::)
And year-end, for commercial or institutional customers with leftover budget.

I can ask again, meanwhile some weeks have passed....

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2023, 05:57:13 pm »
BTW list of people thanking your post is also very telling - all the same shillspeople again :-DD

:D

I can see, however, how the same group of people thanking each other often can cause the perception that there is a "gang" of users pushing the same agenda.

For me, it conjures up the mental picture of UK parliament, where the current speaker's party interjects "hear, hear!" regularly... Better than the "gang" picture, I guess.  ;)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2023, 06:39:45 pm »

:D

I can see, however, how the same group of people thanking each other often can cause the perception that there is a "gang" of users pushing the same agenda.

For me, it conjures up the mental picture of UK parliament, where the current speaker's party interjects "hear, hear!" regularly... Better than the "gang" picture, I guess.  ;)

I actually miss several buttons as response. We use this "thank you!" button for all purposes. We use it for "thank you that was kind", "thanks God someone sane here!", "Exactly what I meant!", " I mostly agree" and sometimes for " I read your statement I have no further comments".

That basically makes it look like "circular tapping on the back" by a clique... even when it is not..
And sometimes that happens, and by all kinds of groups.

There were "Rigol sympathizers", "Siglent  sympathizers", " Keysight sympathizers", "R&S sympathizers", "JBC sympathizers", "PACE sympathizers"......
And many "This gamechanger XXXXXX will change the world" topics where such discussions were held.

It is just what it is. In the end facts are king and all the rest is irrelevant.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, KungFuJosh, Martin72, mwb1100

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2023, 06:57:08 pm »
Now I am unsure whether it is acceptable to click "thank you" in response to your post...  ;)

I fully agree, both with your observation that the "thank you" button is used to convey very different messages, and with the fact that shared views, and to some extent cliques, are just a reality -- here on the forum and elsewhere in the world. People will have biases and preferences, typically based on at least some level of factual experience (good or bad) with certain products or brands.

We can deal with that: Others may chime in and add other angles, or point out what they think is an overly biased view. I still think that it would be a good idea for those who earn any material benefits from specific brands to disclose those affiliations. If they don't want to do so, we can deal with that too: If someone argues like a salesman, I reserve the right to call them out on that as well. ::)

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2023, 07:09:01 pm »
"The trolls will always troll, the shills will always agree with the highest bidder, and the bots are only going to get smarter from here on out. Giving everyone who disagrees with you one of these labels does no good for any of us in the long run. Every participator and spectator to every thread and conversation has to think for themselves no matter what is said or who is saying it."

https://www.reddit.com/r/C_S_T/comments/7l0cs9/what_do_you_get_when_you_combine_a_shill_a_troll/?rdt=55507

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2023, 07:16:32 pm »
People should deal with forums as Zero Trust zones!

I have no problems with fanboys, betatesters, addicted TEAs, BDSM lovers, etc... My major wars come from dumb people. As long as people act intelligently I can deal with any reasoning. I always put the adequate amount of salt on their words as I see fit.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, 2N3055, KungFuJosh, Bad_Driver

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2023, 09:07:58 pm »
People should deal with forums as Zero Trust zones!

I have no problems with fanboys, betatesters, addicted TEAs, BDSM lovers, etc... My major wars come from dumb people. As long as people act intelligently I can deal with any reasoning. I always put the adequate amount of salt on their words as I see fit.

Whoa! You're into Binary Data Signal Monitors too??
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2023, 11:18:58 pm »
I know quite a few people who would strongly disagree with that statement :box:

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2023, 11:20:53 pm »
I know quite a few people who would strongly disagree with that statement :box:
No doubt.

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2023, 11:20:58 pm »
It says "thanks", not "I agree".

I can see now you have a problem with complehending a simple phrase.

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2023, 11:22:07 pm »
No doubt.
As far as I can tell, they both suck equally :-DD

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2023, 11:25:50 pm »
Of course.

However, in every single reputable review of cars in this class since nearly .. forever, it is either the Honda or the Toyota that come out on top with the push going to Honda.

Out of interest sake, what in this class would you put on top?

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2023, 11:30:30 pm »

I clicked the thank you on your post to agree with your statement. 😉

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2023, 11:34:34 pm »
Out of interest sake, what in this class would you put on top?
About 10 years ago I would put Toyota/Lexus on the top. But then I worked at Toyota plants for almost 8 years - so now I'm not sure :-DD I got Audi, so I'm not very familiar with mass-market segment, but I do know quite a few people who highly praise their Hundai/Kia/Honda, so they must be pretty good :-//

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2023, 11:48:01 pm »
About 10 years ago I would put Toyota/Lexus on the top.
Well, like Oscilloscopes it is very class dependent.  Certainly anyone would agree that Lexus are better than Acura but you pay for that.

Too bad about the Audi.  I had an A6 sedan back in 2008 bought new.  It was a considerable disappointment.  Fancy thing.  Marginally better than my boss' BMW, but still unreliable, over-priced and had a crap re-sale value which I found out 2 years later and was just a money pit to maintain.  Since I just needed a a vehicle I could rely on to get me to work and back and do some weekend chores I sold it at a huge loss and replaced it with a Honda Ridgeline.  That Honda is still in the family (gave it to my son) has 385,000 kM on it, still runs like a top and has never failed to do it's job.  I replaced that with a Toyota Tacoma .. still remains to see if that was a good move.

Enjoy your Audi.

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2023, 11:54:13 pm »
Too bad about the Audi.  I had an A6 sedan back in 2008 bought new.  It was a considerable disappointment.  Fancy thing.  Marginally better than my boss' BMW, but still unreliable, over-priced and had a crap re-sale value which I found out 2 years later and was just a money pit to maintain.  Since I just needed a a vehicle I could rely on to get me to work and back and do some weekend chores I sold it at a huge loss and replaced it with a Honda Ridgeline.  That Honda is still in the family (gave it to my son) has 385,000 kM on it, still runs like a top and has never failed to do it's job.  I replaced that with a Toyota Tacoma .. still remains to see if that was a good move.

Enjoy your Audi.
I'm now in my second SQ5 (previous one was MY2016, current one is MY2021), and with both I had zero issues. I'm actually considering keeping my current one until the wheels fall off because I kind of like it, and more modern ones don't really have anything exciting enough to upgrade. Not to mention that I got my 2021 for 0% financing which now is a pipe dream :scared:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 12:02:56 am by asmi »

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2023, 12:16:19 am »
We have an Audi A4 from ~2008, my youngest daughter's car. It's been a total POS, one of the worst vehicles we've ever owned, constantly something not working. Audi Dealer and Audi USA were also about as bad an experience as we've had.

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2023, 03:04:26 am »
So the car thing is a perfect example of how everyone's experiences -- anecdotal such as they are -- can differ at an individual level.

Toyota: I have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV with 293K miles on it. It's beat to hell now but still runs great. I'd never regret owning another, but when I was in the market for a new one a couple years ago, what I wanted could not be found, and the closest matches were selling for well above MSRP. Which is just a hard no for me. I've never paid sticker for a car and I just can't do it.

Audi: When I couldn't get a new Toyota/Lexus that I wanted for what I considered a reasonable price, I decided if I was going to spend the $$ that I'd splurge on a 2021 Q5 Prestige. I'd been looking at them for years with some envy, and my boss had one. I love it so far! No issues whatsoever, but it's only 2 years old with less than 30K miles, and still under warranty. If it starts to get flaky, I'll unload it, but so far it's been great and the level of customer service from the dealer is light years beyond what I've gotten with any other dealer. And I thought I was happy with my Toyota dealer. But my Audi dealer treats me like royalty, and it's not like I spent 6 figures on the car.

Honda:  The one and only Honda I've ever bought was a new 2008 Civic for my youngest daughter. That was the biggest unmitigated turd of a vehicle I've ever owned! Nothing but problems from the time we bought it, and the local Honda dealer was a huge pain in the ass compared to the other dealers I've dealt with. Couldn't wait to unload it.

Kia:  After the Honda debacle above, my daughter moved to Kia's and is on her second one now. She loves them! Never had an issue with any of them.

A mechanic friend of mine who did my out-of-warranty work for years before moving away, was a certified BMW and Toyota/Lexus mechanic who told me that in his opinion the #1 most reliable brand was Toyota/Lexus, and #2 was Kia. Despite being one of the only certified BMW mechanics in our town, he strongly advised against them, LOL. He considered the Audi Q series to be reliable, just expensive to maintain (which I can certainly see, which is why I prepaid for my first 40K miles of maintenance at a steep discount). Some other Audi models are known to have issues, although I think you can find models to avoid with nearly any brand.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf