Author Topic: Siglent SDS1000X HD 12bit DSO's  (Read 59771 times)

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS1000X HD coming
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2023, 06:20:07 pm »
(in 天淘寶)  = Taobao  and it was really surprice...
I need to investigate the matter a little more when I have time to see if there is some hidden trick in the Taobao price from this seller.

Are these the original SDS1000X HD models maybe, with only 1 GSa/s? Unloading stock which is now outdated?

The images are for the updated model, but you are right, there is "1G" something in the title. If it's the old model the price is no longer that good TBH.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #376 on: November 30, 2023, 06:25:56 pm »
(in 天淘寶)  = Taobao  and it was really surprice...
I need to investigate the matter a little more when I have time to see if there is some hidden trick in the Taobao price from this seller.

Are these the original SDS1000X HD models maybe, with only 1 GSa/s? Unloading stock which is now outdated?

Look my previous msg added image and link... and in same side scrolling bit more down...
(also old version was grey...)

But in Taobao/Tmall there need be careful...  If I am now in China it is easy to contact seller and ask what is real truth... and as we know... inside China if you buy from these places... if not like what you get... just return and get money back. There customer protection works really well if look even bit something background about seller before click and pay. 

ETA: And investigated more. This image is just from same Siglent Flagship store in Tmall...   
If look Siglent official China  site there is direct link to just this store in Tmall (somehow part of Taobao)
But still... this price is too good to be true... there is now something... I have not tried to pay because I do not want login to my Taobao account  so that I can go to final steps for buy and then stop just before confirm payment

Also next image... when keep mouse over selection it give this pop-up and there can see it is 2G version
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 07:01:05 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #377 on: November 30, 2023, 07:34:01 pm »
Anyone here brave enough to order one of these? (Ideally someone based in China, I guess, to avoid the hassle of international shipping, duties, and potential return shipping...)

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2023, 09:11:31 pm »
I'd prefer NOT having internal AWG. And while there can be some use in having an internal LA that can be viewed alongside time domain waveform displays for certain diagnostic purposes, I don't find it to be all that common a use-case in the real world. I'd rather have my external AWGs and LAs.
LA is very much needed for mixed signal system debugging, especially if it has multiplexed inputs. How do you debug an SPI ADC with multiple inputs?
AWG is used for for bode plot it needs to be connected into the scope, because aint nobody has time to script that.
Both of these functions are very much needed on a scope. Or connected to a scope.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #379 on: November 30, 2023, 09:17:38 pm »
I'd prefer NOT having internal AWG. And while there can be some use in having an internal LA that can be viewed alongside time domain waveform displays for certain diagnostic purposes, I don't find it to be all that common a use-case in the real world. I'd rather have my external AWGs and LAs.
LA is very much needed for mixed signal system debugging, especially if it has multiplexed inputs. How do you debug an SPI ADC with multiple inputs?
AWG is used for for bode plot it needs to be connected into the scope, because aint nobody has time to script that.
Both of these functions are very much needed on a scope. Or connected to a scope.

Siglent scopes with Bode support pretty much all standalone Siglent AWG for Bode. It is integrated very well and simply works.
I use external SDG6000X even with SDS2000X HD that has internal gen.

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #380 on: November 30, 2023, 09:19:38 pm »
For bode plots I just need to be able to integrate an external AWG.

Again, I'd argue that most people doing LA work (myself included) are strictly digital and don't often live in the mixed-signal world. Those that do, obviously need the capability. I just think a lot of us (arguably? most of us) here don't while we still like to wring our hands over the possibility of needing it one day.

I'll be the first one to admit that I've overspent on a lot of things (not just T&M gear) thinking that I'll use it "one day." I also neither confirm nor deny that I still have things in the factory box years later that was never used for any purpose, much less that exceptional "what if" purpose. I'm very good at talking myself into needing something that I really don't.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, thm_w

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #381 on: November 30, 2023, 09:29:55 pm »

Siglent scopes with Bode support pretty much all standalone Siglent AWG for Bode. It is integrated very well and simply works.
I use external SDG6000X even with SDS2000X HD that has internal gen.
Thanks I know, I wrote about this maybe 5 post ago...
After reading about it actually changed my mind about the built in AWG, since it's a really neat feature.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #382 on: November 30, 2023, 09:33:11 pm »

That might depend just a wee bit on what the user wants to do with his scope?  ::)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #383 on: November 30, 2023, 09:35:19 pm »
I have never been interested in the internal generators because they are simply too limited.
I bought an SDG1032X for my SDS2104Xplus back then and an SDG2042X (2122X, hehe) for my current 2504X HD.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #384 on: November 30, 2023, 09:39:01 pm »

That might depend just a wee bit on what the user wants to do with his scope?  ::)
Yes, I'm sure there are some people only need one channel, to connect a microphone to it and sing the Las Ketchup song.

For bode plots I just need to be able to integrate an external AWG.

Again, I'd argue that most people doing LA work (myself included) are strictly digital and don't often live in the mixed-signal world. Those that do, obviously need the capability. I just think a lot of us (arguably? most of us) here don't while we still like to wring our hands over the possibility of needing it one day.

I'll be the first one to admit that I've overspent on a lot of things (not just T&M gear) thinking that I'll use it "one day." I also neither confirm nor deny that I still have things in the factory box years later that was never used for any purpose, much less that exceptional "what if" purpose. I'm very good at talking myself into needing something that I really don't.
I've never seen a EE say, they prefer not having a LA on a scope. Other disciplines, yes.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #385 on: November 30, 2023, 09:45:04 pm »
I have never been interested in the internal generators because they are simply too limited.
I bought an SDG1032X for my SDS2104Xplus back then and an SDG2042X (2122X, hehe) for my current 2504X HD.
Yeah, so the thing is, some of us has a limited budget for a home lab.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #386 on: November 30, 2023, 09:51:20 pm »
I've never seen a EE say, they prefer not having a LA on a scope. Other disciplines, yes.

In the 80s/90s we (company i´m working for) used dozens of logic ICs in our circuits, so a logic analyzer made sense.
Today it´s all integrated in a PLD or FPGA.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #387 on: November 30, 2023, 10:24:26 pm »
Since the 1000X HD also has these designations inside:

Code: [Select]
SDS102X SDS102E SDS202E
SDS104X SDS104E SDS204E
SDS105X SDS105E SDS205E
SDS106X SDS106E SDS206E
SDS107X SDS107E SDS207E
SDS110X SDS110E SDS210E
SDS115X SDS115E SDS215E
SDS120X SDS120E SDS220E
SDS125X SDS125E SDS225E
SDS130X SDS130E       
SDS135X         SDS235E
SDS150X               
SDS175X               
SDS1100X               
SDS1200X               
SDS1300X               
SDS1400X               

and the fact that the 800X HD FW might be very similar, maybe the conspiracy theory that the 800X HD wasn't supposed to be "800" has some credit...  :-//

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #388 on: November 30, 2023, 10:30:35 pm »
It would have been more "correct" to call the 800X HD 1000X HD, because the current 1000 series are small 7" scopes.
But they couldn't use 2000X HD for the cheaper 10" 12 bit model because that already exists.
So 1000X HD.
And then they must have come up with the idea of making another 12-bit scope with a 7" display...

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #389 on: November 30, 2023, 10:32:41 pm »

In the 80s/90s we (company i´m working for) used dozens of logic ICs in our circuits, so a logic analyzer made sense.
Today it´s all integrated in a PLD or FPGA.
Right, and most designs that I'm working on has ADCs/DACs on it, that need to be verified/debugged. Some of them has more than 10 inputs, and built in excitation current sources, and SPI interface, 100 page long datasheet. How do you verify that without a LA? Different people work on different projects, maybe we shouldn't be narrow minded that everyone has the same needs?
And I give you a very good reason why a built in basic AWG is useful on a professional environment: It's one less instrument that need to be sent out for calibration. If I have a the need for a basic AWG, like the SDS1000, I would spend it's price on calibration basically every year.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #390 on: November 30, 2023, 10:41:00 pm »
We don't calibrate our generators, we stopped doing that at some point.
We check this with our calibrated scopes every time a generator is involved in a measurement.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, thm_w

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #391 on: November 30, 2023, 11:05:04 pm »
After a second look at the 1000X HD app, these Product Types are explicitly referenced inside:

03 - SDS2000HSR       <- 5000X
08 - SDS2000X_PLUS
10 - Zodiac
13 - EVA              <- 1000X HD
14 - ZodiacPlus       <- 6000X
15 - ATOM             <- 2000X HD
17 - LP (Low Profile) <- 6000L
18 - NeZha            <- 7000A
19 - SDS3000X HD

Can't see nothing explicit for 800X HD...

Offline tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #392 on: November 30, 2023, 11:24:46 pm »
After a second look at the 1000X HD app, these Product Types are explicitly referenced inside:

03 - SDS2000HSR       <- 5000X
08 - SDS2000X_PLUS
10 - Zodiac
13 - EVA              <- 1000X HD
14 - ZodiacPlus       <- 6000X
15 - ATOM             <- 2000X HD
17 - LP (Low Profile) <- 6000L
18 - NeZha            <- 7000A
19 - SDS3000X HD

Can't see nothing explicit for 800X HD...
EVA Minor ?  ;D
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: tv84, KungFuJosh

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #393 on: November 30, 2023, 11:30:08 pm »

The following users thanked this post: tautech, KungFuJosh

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #394 on: November 30, 2023, 11:58:41 pm »
But in Taobao/Tmall there need be careful...  If I am now in China it is easy to contact seller and ask what is real truth... and as we know... inside China if you buy from these places... if not like what you get... just return and get money back. There customer protection works really well if look even bit something background about seller before click and pay. 

Yeah, but I think these prices are real (the ones in the photos) not the different models for the same price. Obviously that part makes no sense, and the seller doesn't understand how to setup the pricing or doesn't care. So don't buy blindly or you'll end up with a 2CH model. https://www.taobao.com/list/item/714215504152.htm

SDS1072X HD (2CH 2G) is 4122 yuan ($582) and the SDS1074X HD is 6580 yuan ($930) as mentioned above. Introductory pricing, then the price will go up ~$100 or so, supposedly.

If they can do <$1,100 for the SDS1074XHD in western market its a solid price point.

You can see the reviews some have recently purchased the 2G model in November, quotes from them:
"The 10.1-inch large touch screen, combined with mouse control, is easy to operate. I basically mastered it after using it for one night. 12bit vertical resolution with high precision. The machine is high-end and elegant."
"The screen is clear and bright, easy on the eyes, and the noise is low. Overall, I am very satisfied with the use. I am getting familiar with many functions, and it is simple to use."
"Beautiful, at this price, very good. The disadvantage is that the UI is a bit laggy. There's nothing wrong with it considering the price."
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Super Contributor
« Reply #395 on: December 01, 2023, 12:10:49 am »

If they can do <$1,100 for the SDS1074XHD in western market its a solid price point.

My English datasheet shows only 100 & 200 MHz models coming to the west.  :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #396 on: December 01, 2023, 12:22:08 am »
I can see a lot of grey market purchasing happening to save that ~$350 difference between models.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Super Contributor
« Reply #397 on: December 01, 2023, 12:28:58 am »
I can see a lot of grey market purchasing happening to save that ~$350 difference between models.
Only if China sellers are prepared to risk their relationship with Siglent.
Some are China only models.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #398 on: December 21, 2023, 08:38:01 am »
This topic is called „Siglent SDS 1000X HD coming“.
Now it‘s the week before Xmas and no SDS1kx HD was seen in Europe. Any news regarding availability?
The Rigol promo is still valid….. but all my gear is from Siglent.

https://www.rigol.eu/NEWS/news/58.html

Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 08:40:18 am by Bad_Driver »

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #399 on: December 21, 2023, 08:52:52 am »
AFAIK, the SDS1000X HD won't come before the Rigol promo ends.
We don't know pricing, but if the SDS2000X+ chinese prices are a good indicator, we could expect a western price of around 900+VAT for the 4-channel 100 MHz model.
The pricing changed recently in china I think, and the 70 and 100 MHz models are now closer in price.
In any case, even though it is generally accepted that either the 800HD or the 1000HD (or both) will come on Q1 2024, there is no official announcement nor proof about this.

Merry Christmas to you too!

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Bad_Driver

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf