Products > Test Equipment

Siglent SDS1000X HD versus SDS2000X HD

(1/15) > >>

dexar:
Does anybody know how responsive the UI is in the two scope families?
I am guessing that the SDS2000X HD is powered by a more powerful CPU but
can you feel the difference compared to the SDS1000X HD when operating it?

skander36:
The best answer can be done by the one that own both models, but excepting those that get a old test v.1 of the 1000X-HD I don't think that someone will buy both models for the future.
This models does not have a CPU in terms of clasic arhitecture, but if you are refering to the application processor, 1000X-HD has a more recent and advanced one - Zynq 7000 UltraScale+ MPSoC, while 2000X-HD has an older version of Zinq - Zynq 7000 SoC.
But ... while 1000X-HD is doing the signal processing with the FPGA logic included in the same Zinq MPSOC, 2000X-HD has 2 other more powerfull FPGA's available: Spartan 7 and Artix 7 to do the processing nedeed for 2x2 Gsa/s and 4x12 bit channels at 500 MHz BW.
So the difference in power procesing of the signal became obvious.
During use SDS100-X-HD is not slow at all, except when you have more math function simultaneously for ex. FFT or nested functions.
So in terms of usability 1000X-HD does not show slowness as an obvious issue, only if you look for it you can find situations when it can be revealed. But I didn't find scopes that can't be kneel if you really want.

P.S. If you look for a model with a clasic CPU from Siglent they have SDS7000A wich feature an x86 architecture.

dexar:
Thanks for the info. Now I understand why ERES is done in hw only in the SDS2000X HD.

You wrote 500MHz BW. The highest BW model of the SDS2000X HD is 350MHz according to the siglent homepage.
Do you mean that it is SW limited to 350Mhz or was it a typo?

tautech:

--- Quote from: dexar on March 24, 2024, 07:45:24 am ---Thanks for the info. Now I understand why ERES is done in hw only in the SDS2000X HD.

You wrote 500MHz BW. The highest BW model of the SDS2000X HD is 350MHz according to the siglent homepage.
Do you mean that it is SW limited to 350Mhz or was it a typo?

--- End quote ---
Correct. SDS2354X HD.

However a BW upgrade to 500 MHz is available as an option....unpriced on the EU website.
https://www.siglenteu.com/accessory/350-mhz-to-500-mhz-bandwidth-upgrade/

This only supports 500 MHz with 2 active channels and just one on each ADC otherwise a 350 MHz BW limit is automatically applied.

dexar:
Tautech, do you think Siglent will continue with updates for the SDS2000X HD. It sounds like it about to be discontinued?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version