Author Topic: Philips PM3055 oscilloscope graticule colour  (Read 259 times)

Offline pcolbeck

• Contributor
Philips PM3055 oscilloscope graticule colour
« on: July 31, 2020, 07:52:02 am »
I was watching this video of a Philips PM3055 and it looks like the graticule is orange:

https://youtu.be/sf_nWoB58os

Is that a modified scope or where they orange on some of them? The other videos and pictures I have seen of this range of scopes shoes them as blue/green like most scopes.
I think the orange against the blue trace is a pleasing combination and leads to the question why are scopes always blue/green The graticule could be any colour and the trace could use any colour as well or be switchable. I used to work with CRT monitors that were "black and white" but you could switch them between white on black, green on black and orange on black dependant on your preference.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Philips PM3055 oscilloscope graticule colour
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 08:28:46 am »
Many are red however how the appear mostly depends on the graticule intensity adjustment.

If you're really interested in oscilloscope music check out the master:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jerobeamfenderson1/videos
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline pcolbeck

• Contributor
Re: Philips PM3055 oscilloscope graticule colour
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 09:20:02 pm »
Thanks. I have just picked up a non working 100Mhz  PM3065 with two probes for £50. The seller said it he's had it for years and it was working well untill recently then it broke with buzzing from the PSU.
Sounds like the capacitors so that's a winter project for me. I love the look of this range of Philips scopes. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf