Author Topic: Siglent SDS1202X-E compensation issue (and other manufacturers ?)  (Read 132002 times)

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS1202X-E compensation issue (and other manufacturers ?)
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2017, 04:11:26 pm »
@ tautech , do you know from what serial number off. ?
Units with BB in the build code that is part of the full SN# are from HW revision to remedy the input compensation issue. At this time there has been ~3 weeks production since changes were made.
Hello,

I understand that this affects units with BB in the serial number.  I'm not too clear if the previous units are affected as well.  I have a unit with HW Rev 00-01 (purchased Aug 2017) with serial # SDS1EBAX1Rxxxx and wondered if the issue affects me as well.

Thank you
According to my documentation, yes. It is more noticeable in some units than others.

Carefully compensate the probes at 1V/div the switch to 2V/div and you can see how much the issue will affect your usage. Then decide if you can live with it or not. Contact your supplier or Siglent US in Ohio for a remedy if needed.
Thank you very much for your guidance!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2017, 02:54:48 am »

Dear Sir, It's trouble to directly send the capacitors to Russia.
And we don't have the official distributor on the Aliexpress.
You can ask the seller to contact with us to discuss how to deal with it.

Or you can try to search this capacitor:
1206CG4R0C500NT?FH? 1206 4pF±0.25pF 50V C0G
It's also available.

Best Regards,
Jie
from the last mail.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:56:37 am by evgen.05 »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2017, 05:42:52 am »

It's also available.

Best Regards,
Jie
from the last mail.
WARNING
Fatal misprint.

Correction:
1206CG4R0C500NT?FH? 1206 4pF±0.25pF 500V C0G
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2017, 05:49:24 am »

It's also available.

Best Regards,
Jie
from the last mail.

Oh my  :palm:
What a mess.
Previously Siglent give list about recommended parts. Now they tell it is 50V.
Then they tell they can not send normal letter to Russia. Every person where ever in world can send letter and even post card to Russia. 2-3 small capacitors can send just in normal letter without anything else. Just like normal hello my darling letter.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Open public letter to Siglent

Siglent! 

Is it really wise to make this case unwise. Using brains is free for everyone. It do not cost anything. But making this like it is going on now may now cost lot of Siglent reputation and this is really expensive.
This kind of handling this kind of trivial simple things is total shame. You loose your faces doing it like this!

Sending normal letter, just like cheap private letter is not even difficult.

I can teach how to do it if it is not teached in chinese childrens basic school how to send normal letter. But I can tell, this can not send using WeChat or SMS.  This need physical ancient paper letter what have worked last hundreds of years.

1. Go to store and buy normal A6 size letter envelope.
2. Write receiver name and address on the letter front side.  Also write small size sender name and address to letter left top corner.
(and sidenote, you can send it to Russia, Ukraine, Zimbabwe, North-Korea, USA, England, New Zeland, Israel, Trinidadf, or what ever coutry, even Greenland or Rocky Mountains, to where ever. Global Postal network goes to nearly everywhere. Also you can send letter from Shenzhen to Beijing.
3. Attach the paid stamp to the top right of the letter.
4. Write small "hello my friend, our apologies" and rework and adjustment instructions paper.
5. Attach  3-4 these capacitors using adhesive tape on this paper.
    -  2 for use and 1 - 2 for spare if damaged due to home made rework your made error in scope.
6. Close letter envelope.
7. Take it to the post office.

Difficult? Really?
Start it today or better if you have done it yesterday!

Please do not make simple things complicated and difficult.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:59:26 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2017, 06:44:48 am »

Then they tell they can not send normal letter to Russia. Every person where ever in world can send letter and even post card to Russia. 2-3 small capacitors can send just in normal letter without anything else. Just like normal hello my darling letter.

as we found, send usual letter to Russia or Ukraine is a huge problem for Siglent. I can pay for the shipment if for Siglent it's too expencive
I understand if need to send mainboard or power supply. But two small capacitors, which price is 0.0 It's ridiculous
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:59:38 am by evgen.05 »

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2017, 08:31:52 am »
You can ask the seller to contact with us to discuss how to deal with it...............

This entire affair sounds rather strange and in particular Siglents response to your request for assistance, I get the impression that they are not keen to provide warranty support on a product which was not purchased through one of their authorised agents and they wouldn't be the first company to take this stance either.

It's those shifty online dealers who are to blame when they state in the listings "3 year factory warranty", they are happy to sell the stuff but when there is a problem they wipe their hands of all responsibility, what I still don't understand is that they are able to purchase stock from somewhere and I still believe the company plays both sides, it is the recognised dealers who do provide support that get the short end.

Anyway, as rf-loop mentioned earlier it shouldn't be that big of a deal for Siglent to post out the capacitors and realistically it would do their reputation some good,  Christ almighty being Christmas and all they could probably even get away with writing "gift" on the envelope as everybody else does.

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2017, 01:32:37 pm »
After this message, Siglent stoped responding on my questions. Great support. I can't ever thought that Siglent is a shit-company.
Once upon a time I bought a Fractal Design case for my computer. After 18 month audio jack on front panel was broke. Wrote to FD support a message, sent serial number and across couple of weeks get new front panel with jack, wires.IS FREE. It cost them about 30 Euro. Just serial number, home adress and the problem description. Doesn't matter that FD has no official distributor in Russia. From Sweden they send need part cost 30 Euro. Siglent lost the face. It's a shame.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:36:45 pm by evgen.05 »

The following users thanked this post: derree

Offline Diabolo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2017, 06:24:16 pm »
Hello,

Does the soldering of the 2 capacities of 3.9pf definitely solve the problem of compensation?
----
Siglent may be cautious with people who commit to open the SDS, install and solder the 2 capacities of 3.9 pf.
Siglent may not want to be returned under warranty due to improper handling.

Like me, send a request to Siglent with the serial # of your SDS 1202X-E, phone number and mailing address, and there should not be a problem, I think.

And if you hurt the disassembly operation of the SDS and welding the 2 capacities of 3.9pf, Siglent will remember.

An agent Siglent USA, or Europe, or even a friendly member of this forum, etc ... could provide these 2 capabilities at a fair price.

Regards,
Diabolo

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2017, 06:57:00 pm »
After this message, Siglent stopped responding on my questions. Great support. I can't ever thought that Siglent is a shit-company.
Please be patient, a solution for you will be found.
Not all Siglent staff can make decisions and these things need be discussed between different departments and the factory and they are sometimes not in the same timezone.

Caps they sent me came in a FeDex pack, the cost of which I shudder to think, it would've been much cheaper in a plain envelope. I some years I have always received small items from Siglent in FeDex or DHL packaging but for the shipping of items as small and inexpensive as 2 or 3 4pF caps there need be a better/cheaper and faster way.

The longer Siglent delay sending caps by ordinary mail the greater risk of them being delayed in the normal Xmas rush of mail.
We can still all continue to use the DSO and for almost all work the compensation issue has zero effect on normal usage until good solutions are found to ship/post caps worldwide.

Does the soldering of the 2 capacities of 3.9pf definitely solve the problem of compensation?
Yes, after the input stage trimmers are adjusted exactly as the rework doc describes.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2017, 07:11:17 pm »

I want be think so. But Siglent told me all that they wanted. They are not be responsible for my scope. They will slove this problem anywhere but not in Russia or Ukraine.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2017, 07:22:12 pm »

I want be think so. But Siglent told me all that they wanted. They are not be responsible for my scope. They will slove this problem anywhere but not in Russia or Ukraine.
This forum in some way will ensure you get satisfaction, just continue to use the scope and there will be a solution.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline firstcolle

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2017, 03:28:17 pm »
the new 1104X-e also have this issue? or it was addressed before the release?

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2017, 04:24:30 pm »

No it do not have. (This capacitor what is missing from 2 channel models is in its place in 4 channel models. This difference in front end can see also in Dave's tear down video.
Also 2 channel models input specifications are bit different. 4 chan models nominal input impedance is bit different in data sheet.

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline Welectron

• Supporter
    • Welectron Online Shop
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2017, 05:31:08 pm »
After this message, Siglent stoped responding on my questions. Great support. I can't ever thought that Siglent is a shit-company.
As an official Siglent reseller, we do not want you to draw this conclusion about a brand that builds great products, regardless where you bought the item.

Please contact me via PN, we will take care of your issue and make sure you get the capacitors delivered for free.

Regards,
Marco
www.welectron.com - Test Equipment, Lab Supply and Embedded Systems
  • EEVBlog Distributor for Europe
  • Official Distributor for Brymen, Siglent and Maynuo: Free shipping within the EU and 5% discount for EEVBlog members with code eevblog2017

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline firstcolle

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »

No it do not have. (This capacitor what is missing from 2 channel models is in its place in 4 channel models. This difference in front end can see also in Dave's tear down video.
Also 2 channel models input specifications are bit different. 4 chan models nominal input impedance is bit different in data sheet.

thanks!! noticed now that I re-watched the video!!

Offline Diabolo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2017, 05:10:44 pm »
Hello Welectron,

I note the address of your site, and as you offer free shipping throughout Europe, it's good.
On my side I'm waiting for the 2 capacitors 3.9pf that Siglent Europe must provide me to upgrade my SDS 1204X-E.

Regards,
Diabolo

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2017, 07:35:37 pm »
An update on communication I received from Siglent..

I contacted Siglent USA in Ohio and was basically given the "Return unit to seller for replacement or refund" if I'm not happy with the unit.  In addition, the applications engineer who responded to me stated that "there is no specification for 'probe compensation flatness' between ranges" and there will be no option for repair by Siglent USA.  Unfortunately, I am beyond the return period for my unit and although this compensation problem is an issue that has been adjusted on the current production of units, be aware that you will not have any support from Siglent in Ohio to remedy this problem.  Check your serial numbers and if they fall into the affected ranges, return or exchange immediately or you will be unsupported as I have found from Siglent.  Sad to learn that the company does not really stand behind their products.  Anyone who is considering their products should look elsewhere unless you have good support from the distributor you purchase your products from.  That makes a difference.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:05:21 pm by mr.fabe »

Offline Luap2

• Contributor
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2017, 09:01:38 pm »
Thanks for the info.  to bad they have that attitude, was going only  to ask for the repair parts

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2017, 09:11:54 pm »
Thanks for the info.  to bad they have that attitude, was going only  to ask for the repair parts
I would still ask them for the caps if you were going to fix it yourself. Nothing to lose. Siglent may agree to send you the caps  and tell you later that your so called "3 Year Warranty" is now void... 

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2017, 05:51:01 pm »
Update #2

Siglent USA will not repair, replace, or provide parts required to address the "compensation issue".  They acknowledge the issue but do not feel the "problem" is a serious one warranting any repair by them.

After several emails, I was offered a refund on my 1202X-E if I am still not satisfied with the product.  That is a pretty generous return option IMHO.

This was my first encounter with Siglent and based on my recent experience, they show that they do care about their customer base.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2017, 12:21:52 am »
Siglent USA will not repair, replace, or provide parts required to address the "compensation issue".  They acknowledge the issue but do not feel the "problem" is a serious one warranting any repair by them.

We don't care if our DSOs can't display a square wave as square.  :palm:  :)
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2017, 09:47:10 am »
As an official Siglent reseller, we do not want you to draw this conclusion about a brand that builds great products, regardless where you bought the item.

Please contact me via PN, we will take care of your issue and make sure you get the capacitors delivered for free.

Regards,
Marco
Ok. Yesterday wrote two messages. Did You received them?

Offline Welectron

• Supporter
    • Welectron Online Shop
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »
Ok. Yesterday wrote two messages. Did You received them?
Received and replied.
www.welectron.com - Test Equipment, Lab Supply and Embedded Systems
  • EEVBlog Distributor for Europe
  • Official Distributor for Brymen, Siglent and Maynuo: Free shipping within the EU and 5% discount for EEVBlog members with code eevblog2017

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2017, 04:40:11 pm »
Update #2

After several emails, I was offered a refund on my 1202X-E if I am still not satisfied with the product.  That is a pretty generous return option IMHO.

This was my first encounter with Siglent and based on my recent experience, they show that they do care about their customer base.
Isn't offering a refund basically the same as offering a replacement? Refund, wait until the problem is fixed in production units, buy again. Assuming you'd want to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf