Author Topic: Protek C3100 Counter Programmers Reference?  (Read 170 times)

Offline TheWaterbugTopic starter

• Contributor
Protek C3100 Counter Programmers Reference?
« on: February 16, 2024, 09:28:08 pm »
Hi! Does anyone here have the command set for the Protek C3100 Universal Counter?

ProTekTest.com (dead site) faxed me a copy (yes, faxed!!!) back in 2004, but I can't find the hardcopy, and I don't have any evidence that I ever scanned it. 😡

My 2004 email reply to ProTekTest.com read, "Thanks! I just received it. Cryptic :), but it looks like it will work just fine."

And cryptic it must have been. I did find one old VBA code snippet that I used to read from this device. I sent:

Code: [Select]
F2;G10
to set up a frequency reading on one of the ports, and then sent this query:

Code: [Select]
RM?
to actually get the measurement.

But that's all I've got!

Thanks!

Offline TheWaterbugTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Protek C3100 Counter Programmers Reference?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 09:54:31 pm »
Hi! Does anyone here have the command set for the Protek C3100 Universal Counter

Aha! I found it! This 2016 post here on eevblog had a malformed link to the owner's manual, due to this site parsing the [square braces] in the filenames, but I was able to parse enough of the URL to find that repository, and it has both the User Manual and the Protek Generic GPIB/RS232 Programming Manual!

The front page of that repository site looks sketchy as hell, but the manuals section is a treasure trove!

Hope this helps someone!

p.s. if anyone else wants to link to any of those files on that site, manually escape the [square braces]  in the URLs with %5B and %5D, respectively.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf