Author Topic: Siglent SDS1104X-E and SDS1204X-E Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes  (Read 607545 times)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: Siglent SDS1104X-E and SDS1204X-E Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
« Reply #1050 on: November 23, 2018, 04:29:49 pm »

That's your opinion. A clause that many might argue and disagree with. This is why the specification defines a max length of 63 characters.
(Statements like above are the opposite of a motivation for Siglent to fix it).

The scope's (unnecessary) WiFi security related limitations should not dictate how to configure security settings on your standards compliant WiFi network.
And the scope should work on any standards compliant WiFi network, not only WiFi networks that have been (mis)configured to the scope's lack of support for common WiFi standards.

My 2¢
It's accepted that a password of 8-9 characters should reasonably protect you from brute forcing at this point in time. About 20 characters should be more than enough for a thoroughly secure password. I do agree though, Siglent shouldn't limit you unnecessarily and should follow standards where applicable.

Of course, mitigating the issue could be done in more effective ways than simply slapping on a longer passphrase. Isolating the oscilloscope in its own VLAN or guest network helps you avoid potentially exposing the rest of the network. Considering how insecure the average networked equipment is, segmenting your network is not a bad idea.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1051 on: November 23, 2018, 05:32:36 pm »
My additional 2 cents:  (I'm in favor of  standards but the standard must be rational.)

IMHO, the 63-char passphrase in this case is a nonsense!

For example, even a 43-char password implies more combinations than a 256-bit key. So, it would be easier to crack the WPA-PSK 256-bit key than the 43-char passphrase (that would be used to calculate the key).

So why they chose the 63-char? Probably because, in implementation terms, they decided to allow us to insert a 64 hex_chars (256 bits) key string. So, if I have a field to insert a 64 hex_char string, why not also allow people to insert a (up to) 63 char passphrase...

That brings another question, why should we comply with something that (apparently) doesn't make sense just because somebody assigned it a "standard" status?

If anyone knows where is my thinking error, please correct me.

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
  • Hobbyist using the ultra slow and unsure method
« Reply #1052 on: November 23, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »
It's accepted that a password of 8-9 characters should reasonably protect you from brute forcing at this point in time. About 20 characters should be more than enough for a thoroughly secure password. I do agree though, Siglent shouldn't limit you unnecessarily and should follow standards where applicable.
Mr. Scram, not knowing your background, just to make sure, you are aware that not all secrets/keys are "passwords" (sequences of fully random and independent characters), per se? And also that the effectiveness of the bits in the secret can vary depending on the use case? For example, consider the differences in the key length recommendations between AES (e.g. 256) and RSA (2048), etc. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_size).
So, plainly stating "8 characters should be reasonable" without considering the context might be very, very misleading.

I admit that I do not know much about the WLAN protocols etc. and thus no idea how effectively a password/secret could be brute forced in that environment.

Also note that in many secure environments, 8 or 9 character passwords are no longer considered enough. E.g. all the non-trivial hosts and systems I have access to, no matter why/who is running them (job, university, bank as a client, etc.), the requirement has been 10 or more characters for few years already. 8 should be good enough for the typical random websites/forums, though.

tv84 (and others):
I read somewhere that the 63-char passphrase limit vs. 64 char hexkey is specifically so that the same input can be used for either style; if its length is within the 8-63 characters, it is a password or a passphrase; if it its length is exactly 64 it is the hex key.

Note that "passphrase" typically does not mean the same type of content as "password"; former is often considered to allow indeed phrases (e.g. sort gibberish sentences made from real words or word like sequences), while latter is typically considered to consists of more or less independent random characters (within allowed set of characters). Thus, passphrases consisting of words/word-likes, the correlation between characters in those words reduces the entropy value of each character quite a lot. That is why passphrases should be allowed to be quite a bit longer than normal random passwords. (I'm too lazy and busy to pick up scientific estimates on passphrase entropy estimations to copy here, feel free to google...)

That said, I think it could be considered that the implementation in the scope does not fulfill WPA2-PSK spec requirements, and thus should not be considered compatible with that. And since WPA2-PSK is the last commonly used method we have left that isn't considered basically useless, there should be quite some effort to make it work correctly. Security is fragile enough even without cutting corners like limiting key field lengths :P

The following users thanked this post: exe, bluejedi

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1053 on: November 23, 2018, 07:35:29 pm »
Note that "passphrase" typically does not mean the same type of content as "password";

We all undestand what we are talking about. My final cents in this OT:

What I said was simply this: a 43-char (upper+lower+digits) pass can be more secure that any 32 8-bit symbols key.

The problem with using a common phrase it's the user's fault! No standard says to do that. Using 63-char quotes from the national anthem might be as unsafe as using the 0x00 0x01 0x02.... 0x1F binary key.

The user behavior is a big part of any security system, independently of the standards used.

Offline bluejedi

• Contributor
« Reply #1054 on: November 24, 2018, 01:32:09 am »
That brings another question, why should we comply with something that (apparently) doesn't make sense just because somebody assigned it a "standard" status?
If anyone knows where is my thinking error, please correct me.

Luckily not everyone has that opinion about standards, otherwise the world would consist mainly of companies like Apple and something like USB would have never existed.
"This product will PROBABLY work with your WiFi network" will not do very good as promotional banner on the outside of the box.

Your thinking error is in the fact that the passphrase on MY network is longer than 20 characters. It was longer than 20 characters long before I bought the scope and all my networked devices have no problems with it whatsoever (which includes less than $2 costing IoT devices).
And then comes a relatively pricey advanced piece of testing equipment with a shitty WiFi implementation that does not work on my WiFi network, because of a stupid non-standard passphrase length limitation of 20 characters. That's just crap.
That TP-Link USB network adapter works perfectly fine within my WiFi network, on multiple devices, but not the scope.
Every location where you might bring your scope (on the road, presentations whatever) you have no control of other people's/companies' WiFi network (passphrase). You are only allowed to use their network, not to change it!
And then you tell their network guys that standards and passphrases longer than 20 characters are nonsense. They will probably say, well that must be an old scope sorry - and laugh. ;)
That is where your thinking goes wrong.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:28:14 am by bluejedi »

Offline bluejedi

• Contributor
« Reply #1055 on: November 24, 2018, 01:54:35 am »
Note that "passphrase" typically does not mean the same type of content as "password";

We all undestand what we are talking about. My final cents in this OT:

What I said was simply this: a 43-char (upper+lower+digits) pass can be more secure that any 32 8-bit symbols key.

The problem with using a common phrase it's the user's fault! No standard says to do that. Using 63-char quotes from the national anthem might be as unsafe as using the 0x00 0x01 0x02.... 0x1F binary key.

Yes, in the last 25+ years we were taught (forced) to use complex (but relatively short) passwords/passphrases/keys (whatever). Short but complex and difficult for humans to remember.
While significantly longer ones (even when much simpler so humans can easier remember) are safer an much harder to crack.
That's why my WiFi passphrase is long but easy to remember.

The user behavior is a big part of any security system, independently of the standards used.

Correct. But this discussion is not about user behavior but about unnecessary and non-compliant security limitations of a product (scope).
Further, the scope also shows passphrase in clear text after entered and confirmed which is real bad practice.
It feels like Siglent has taken security and WiFi standards not very serious when implementing the WiFi stack on the scope.

It is my belief that we should not be discussing personal opinions about the use of standards and well accepted security features here, while the issues I mentioned are just bugs that should be fixed by Siglent.
For me the stupid 20-char passphrase limit is a showstopper and the displaying of passphrase in clear text a serious security issue.
Your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:23:33 am by bluejedi »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #1056 on: November 25, 2018, 06:35:39 am »
Mr. Scram, not knowing your background, just to make sure, you are aware that not all secrets/keys are "passwords" (sequences of fully random and independent characters), per se? And also that the effectiveness of the bits in the secret can vary depending on the use case? For example, consider the differences in the key length recommendations between AES (e.g. 256) and RSA (2048), etc. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_size).
So, plainly stating "8 characters should be reasonable" without considering the context might be very, very misleading.

I admit that I do not know much about the WLAN protocols etc. and thus no idea how effectively a password/secret could be brute forced in that environment.

Also note that in many secure environments, 8 or 9 character passwords are no longer considered enough. E.g. all the non-trivial hosts and systems I have access to, no matter why/who is running them (job, university, bank as a client, etc.), the requirement has been 10 or more characters for few years already. 8 should be good enough for the typical random websites/forums, though.

tv84 (and others):
I read somewhere that the 63-char passphrase limit vs. 64 char hexkey is specifically so that the same input can be used for either style; if its length is within the 8-63 characters, it is a password or a passphrase; if it its length is exactly 64 it is the hex key.

Note that "passphrase" typically does not mean the same type of content as "password"; former is often considered to allow indeed phrases (e.g. sort gibberish sentences made from real words or word like sequences), while latter is typically considered to consists of more or less independent random characters (within allowed set of characters). Thus, passphrases consisting of words/word-likes, the correlation between characters in those words reduces the entropy value of each character quite a lot. That is why passphrases should be allowed to be quite a bit longer than normal random passwords. (I'm too lazy and busy to pick up scientific estimates on passphrase entropy estimations to copy here, feel free to google...)

That said, I think it could be considered that the implementation in the scope does not fulfill WPA2-PSK spec requirements, and thus should not be considered compatible with that. And since WPA2-PSK is the last commonly used method we have left that isn't considered basically useless, there should be quite some effort to make it work correctly. Security is fragile enough even without cutting corners like limiting key field lengths :P
Sure, but we're not talking about RSA or similar things. We're talking about WIFI PSKs and essentially how easily they're brute forced. That's mostly what should make things more or less secure when talking about a WIFI PSK. Of course it'd be more accurate to talk about bits of entropy, but if people know what those are I probably don't need to tell them anything about it. Anyone who has "sunshine" or "123456789" for a password and thinks that's enough is asking for a lesson. It's not 1999 any more.

Also note that 8-9 characters is the current bare minimum. Having a 10 character requirement only seems sensible as a precaution. Of course, what the real world requires you to have isn't a good representation of what makes an effective password. For years we've been taught or forced to do things which turn out to be rather ineffective. Currently the world is shifting from single passwords to more sophisticated schemes like 2FA and conditional access. Especially the latter seems to give passwords a new lease of life, though it's generally accepted they're bound to disappear sooner or later. Like I said last time, the user also has things in his own hands if he applies network segmentation. Ensure the device can only talk to the parts of the network you want it to talk to and the PSK suddenly isn't as important as it would be otherwise. If one worries about 20 characters being enough, that shouldn't anything new.

Again, I do agree that Siglent would best adhere to existing standards.

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #1057 on: November 26, 2018, 12:16:50 pm »
Again, I do agree that Siglent would best adhere to existing standards.
[/quote]
On security matters, standards are sacred, period.

What is not a problem right now can become a serious issue in an hour. Moreover, lack of respect for standards makes security harder to implement, which usually leads to sloppy practices.

So, no excuses. Siglent, do your job as soon as possible. These kind of mistakes are tickling time bombs. The tickling is deafening.

Offline bluejedi

• Contributor

Offline photomankc

• Contributor
« Reply #1059 on: November 30, 2018, 04:47:28 pm »
Well, I recently ordered a Rigol MSO1104Z but after detailed reading and spending a few hours using what I would describe as the most sluggish UI I have ever dealt with on an instrument I'm not convinced it's going to hang around.  I ordered a Siglent 1104X-E to try it out and see if I like it better.  I REALLY like that 4 channels at 500Ms/sec is possible and that it has higher waveform update rate as well.  I've read there however some serious issues with the MSO portion of it, or at least there were.  I've tried to read through this thread but I was wondering if there is a list of outstanding bugs that are still out there? 

Has the MSO/LA improved any?  That's a big feature to me and I have every intention of upgrading to it if it is not crippled. 

Are there any big show-stopper bugs still out there?

I have to say, purely on the look/feel of the UI and front panel I prefer the Rigol1000Z series, but once you step past the $360 price point the SIGLENT seems like better overall performance match to a 100Mhz (200 if I feel adventurous) scope.  If I am going to sell off my Rigol DS2202 I don't think I can really live with the RIGOL 1104Z's terrible sluggish response.  It feels like crap switching between the two.  If the SIGLENT is snappier then it's inexpensive enough to consider hanging onto my DS2202 as well.  I love that scope but I always wanted 4 channels but they were astronomical in the day.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1060 on: November 30, 2018, 06:42:48 pm »
Well, I recently ordered a Rigol MSO1104Z but after detailed reading and spending a few hours using what I would describe as the most sluggish UI I have ever dealt with on an instrument I'm not convinced it's going to hang around.  I ordered a Siglent 1104X-E to try it out and see if I like it better.  I REALLY like that 4 channels at 500Ms/sec is possible and that it has higher waveform update rate as well.  I've read there however some serious issues with the MSO portion of it, or at least there were.  I've tried to read through this thread but I was wondering if there is a list of outstanding bugs that are still out there? 
Welcome to the forum.

Has the MSO/LA improved any?  That's a big feature to me and I have every intention of upgrading to it if it is not crippled. 
Not as far as I know. There has been a firmware update for SLA1016 a few months ago.

I have to say, purely on the look/feel of the UI and front panel I prefer the Rigol1000Z series, but once you step past the $360 price point the SIGLENT seems like better overall performance match to a 100Mhz (200 if I feel adventurous) scope.  If I am going to sell off my Rigol DS2202 I don't think I can really live with the RIGOL 1104Z's terrible sluggish response.  It feels like crap switching between the two.  If the SIGLENT is snappier then it's inexpensive enough to consider hanging onto my DS2202 as well.  I love that scope but I always wanted 4 channels but they were astronomical in the day.
Understandable as you're well used to the GUI/UI.
Like any instrument, let the operation of it take a little while to get used to you  :)  ;) and in no time you'll be able to switch between them without a second thought....sure that's harder if you use them infrequently.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline photomankc

• Contributor
« Reply #1061 on: November 30, 2018, 07:35:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Not as far as I know. There has been a firmware update for SLA1016 a few months ago.

Like any instrument, let the operation of it take a little while to get used to you  :)  ;) and in no time you'll be able to switch between them without a second thought....sure that's harder if you use them infrequently.

Hey thanks for the welcome!

My last point is really aimed at the Rigol MSO1104Z vs the Rigol DS2202.  The UI is really consistent actually, menus are easy because they work just alike on the two and frankly if the 1104Z had snappy response I likely wouldn't be looking around, but I was very disappointed with the UI speed on the Rigol 1104Z.  On the 2202 things move very quickly and the markers move and then the trace is right behind it.  On the 1104Z (Rigol) the trace sort of lumbers it's way towards and then past what you wanted and then the marker moves once you stop turning.   Similar with changing the V/div setting very easy to roll past what you want with no screen update till you stop turning.  The waveform zoom function is painful when you scroll horizontally.

I don't want to get used to that.  I didn't notice it that bad in the video demos but often you get fixated on the screen.  Now that I re-watch them I do notice it in the videos too.  It sure looks like the SIGLENT is much better in this regard.  If I can get 200Mhz unlocked then it may be a good replacement for my old 2202, both in channels and bandwidth.  I should have it this weekend to try out and decide.   Somebody has to go back and I *suspect* it will be the Rigol.  I'm only really torn about the MSO option right now.

Thanks!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1062 on: November 30, 2018, 07:48:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Hey thanks for the welcome!

My last point is really aimed at the Rigol MSO1104Z vs the Rigol DS2202.  The UI is really consistent actually, menus are easy because they work just alike on the two and frankly if the 1104Z had snappy response I likely wouldn't be looking around, but I was very disappointed with the UI speed on the Rigol 1104Z.  On the 2202 things move very quickly and the markers move and then the trace is right behind it.  On the 1104Z (Rigol) the trace sort of lumbers it's way towards and then past what you wanted and then the marker moves once you stop turning.   Similar with changing the V/div setting very easy to roll past what you want with no screen update till you stop turning.  The waveform zoom function is painful when you scroll horizontally.

I don't want to get used to that.  I didn't notice it that bad in the video demos but often you get fixated on the screen.  Now that I re-watch them I do notice it in the videos too.  It sure looks like the SIGLENT is much better in this regard.  If I can get 200Mhz unlocked then it may be a good replacement for my old 2202, both in channels and bandwidth.  I should have it this weekend to try out and decide.   Somebody has to go back and I *suspect* it will be the Rigol.  I'm only really torn about the MSO option right now.

Thanks!
I was just finding the excellent review thread and spotted you were already reading it.  :)
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/

Like so many of the longer threads the 'real meat' of the advances and features fixed/added are near the front and end of threads so you just have to spend a little time doing the research.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #1063 on: December 01, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »
For any users that use SCPI, went digging and found some new commands. Including Flash Read / Write Commands and Calibration Read / Clear (no sign of write)
Below are all the commands that I presently know to work for these 2 devices, If you know of any others I am all ears.

The waveform commands described below control the AWG option addon,

http://www.siglent.com/2014EnglishWebsite/Documents/others/SDG-SCPI-Command(EN).pdf

Code: [Select]
Short Form Long Form Subsystem Description
*CAL? *CAL? MISCELLANEOUS Performs complete internal calibration of the instrument.
*CLS *CLS STATUS Clears all status data registers
*ESE *ESE STATUS Sets the Standard Event Status Enable register (ESE).
*ESR? *ESR? STATUS Reads, clears the Event Status Register (ESR).
*IDN? *IDN? MISCELLANEOUS For identification purposes.
*OPC? *OPC? STATUS Sets the OPC bit in the Event Status Register (ESR).
*RCL *RCL SAVE/RECALL Recalls one of five nonvolatile panel setups.
*RST *RST SAVE/RECALL The *RST command initiates a device reset.
*SAV *SAV SAVE/RECALL Stores current state in nonvolatile internal memory.
*SRE *SRE STATUS Sets the Service Request Enable register (SRE).
*STB? *STB? STATUS Reads the contents of IEEE 488.
*TRG *TRG ACQUISITION Executes an ARM command.
*TST? *TST? MISCELLANEOUS Performas an Internal Self Test
ACAL MISCELLANEOUS Enables or disables automatic calibration.
ACQW ACQUIRE_WAY ACQUISITION Specifies the acquisition mode.
ALST? ALL_STATUS? STATUS Reads and clears the contents of all status registers.
AMPDBM AMPLITUDEDBM
ARM ARM_ACQUISITION ACQUISITION Changes acquisition state from "stopped" to "single".
ARWV ARBWAVE DATA SYSTEM Change arbitrary wave type.
ASET AUTOSETUP ACQUISITION Adjusts vertical, time base and trigger parameters.
ATTN ATTENUATION ACQUISITION Selects the vertical attenuation factor of the probe
AUTTS AUTO_TYPESET ACQUISITION Selects the display type of automatic setup.
AVGA AVERAGE_ACQUIRE ACQUISITION Selects the average times of average acquisition.
BSWV BASICWAVE
BTWL
BTWV BURSTWAVE SIGNAL Set or get burst wave parameters
BUZZ BUZZER MISCELLANEOUS Controls the built-in piezo-electric buzzer.
BWL BANDWIDTH_LIMIT ACQUISITION Enables/disables the bandwidth-limiting lowpass filter
CFLASH CLEARFLASH
CHDR COMMUNICATION Controls formatting of query responses.
CLRCALI CLEARCALIBRATION
CLSW CLEAR_SWEEPS FUNCTION Restarts the cumulative processing functions.
CMBN COMBINE
CMR? CMR? STATUS Reads and clears the Command error Register (CMR).
CONET COMM_NET COMMUNICATION Specifies network addresses of scope and printers.
CPL COUPLING ACQUISITION Selects the specified input channel‘s coupling mode.
CRMS CURSOR_MEASURE CURSOR Specifies the type of cursor/parameter measurement.
CRST CURSOR Allows positioning of any one of eight cursors.
CRVA? CURSOR_VALUE? CURSOR Returns trace values measured by specified cursors.
CSVS CSV_SAVE SAVE/RECALL Saves specified waveform data of CSV format to USB device.
CYMT CYMOMETER FUNCTION Returns the current cymometer value which displaying on the screen
DDR? DDR? STATUS Clears the Device Dependent Register (DDR).
DEF DEFINE? FUNCTION Specifies math expression for function evaluation
DELF DELETE_FILE MASS STORAGE Deletes files from mass storage.
DIR DIRECTORY MASS STORAGE Creates and deletes file directories.
DTJN DOT_JOIN DISPLAY Controls the interpolation lines between data points.
DUTYCALI DUTYCALIBRATION
EXR? EXR? STATUS Reads, clears the Execution error Register (EXR).
FCNT FreqCouNTer Sets or gets frequency counter parameters.
FCNTCALI FreqCouNTerCALIbration
FFTF FFT_FULLSCREEN FUNCTION Enables or disables to display the FFT trace full screen.
FFTS FFT_SCALE FUNCTION Selects the vertical scale of FFT trace.
FFTW FFT_WINDOW FUNCTION Selects the window of FFT.
FFTZ FFT_ZOOM FUNCTION Selects the zoom in/out times of FFT trace.
FILT FILTER FUNCTION Enables or disables the filter of specified source.
FILTS FILT_SET FUNCTION Selects the type of filter, and sets the limit value of filter
FLNM FILENAME MASS STORAGE Changes default filenames.
FPAR FRAME_PARAM HISTORY Get frame param.
FRAM FRAME_SET HISTORY History Frame No. set
FRSPAJT FreqReSPAJusT
FRTR FORCE_TRIGGER ACQUISITION Forces the instrument to make one acquisition.
FTIM FRAME_TIME HISTORY Get frame Acq. Time.
FVDISK FORMAT_VDISK MASS STORAGE Reads the capability of the USB device.
GCSV GET_CSV WAVEFORMTRANS Specifies waveform data of format to controller.
GRDS GRID_DISPLAY DISPLAY Selects the type of grid
HARM HARMONIC
HMAG HOR_MAGNIFY DISPLAY Horizontally expands the selected expansion trace.
HPOS HOR_POSITION DISPLAY Horizontally positions intensified zone‘s center.
INR? INR? STATUS Reads, clears INternal state change Register (INR).
INTS INTENSITY DISPLAY Sets the grid or trace/text intensity level.
INVS INVERT_SET DISPLAY Invert the trace or the math waveform of specified source.
INVT INVERT DISPLAY
LAGG
LANG LANGUAGE
LOCK LOCK MISCELLANEOUS Lock keyboard
MDWV MODULATEWAVE SIGNAL Set or get modulate wave parameters.
MENU MENU DISPLAY Enables or disables to display the current menu
MODE MODE
MSIZ MEMORY_SIZE FUNCTION Returns the maximal memory size
MTVD MATH_VERT_DIV ACQUISITION Controls the vertical sensitivity of math waveform of specified source.
MTVP MATH_VERT_POS ACQUISITION Controls the vertical position of math waveform of specified source.
NBFM NUMBERFORMAT
OFST OFFSET ACQUISITION Allows output channel vertical offset adjustment.
OUTP OUTPUT
PACL PARAMETER_CLR CURSOR Clears all current parameters in Custom, Pass/Fail.
PACU PARAMETER_CUSTOM CURSOR Controls parameters with customizable qualifiers.
PAVA? PARAMETER_VALUE? CURSOR Returns current parameter, mask test values
PESU PERSIST_SETUP DISPLAY Selects display persistence duration.
PFCM PF_CREATEM FUNCTION Creates the mask of the pass/fail.
PFCT PF_CONTROL FUNCTION Selects the "operate", "output" and the "stop on output" which are the options of pass/fail.
PFDD PF_DATEDIS FUNCTION Return the number of the pass/fail monitor which can be displayed on the screen
PFDS PF_DISPLAY FUNCTION Enables or disables to display the test and the message options of pass/fail
PFSL PF_SAVELOAD SAVE/RECALL Saves or recalls the created mask setting
PFST PF_SET FUNCTION Sets the X mask and the Y mask
PNSU PANEL_SETUP SAVE/RECALL Complements the *SAV/*RST commands.
PROD PRODUCT
PRTCALI PRINTCALIBRATION
RCPN RECALL_PANEL SAVE/RECALL Recalls a front-panel setup from mass storage.
REFS REF_SET FUNCTION Sets the reference waveform and its options.
RFLASH ReadFlash
RFLASHBLK ReadFlashBlock
ROSC ROSCillator Sets or gets the clock source.
SANU SAMPLE_NUM ACQUISITION Return the number of sampled points available from last acquisition and the trigger position
SARA SAMPLE_RATE ACQUISITION Return the sample rate of the scope
SAST SAMPLE_STATUS ACQUISITION Return the acquisition status of the scope
SCDP SCREEN_DUMP HARD COPY Causes a screen dump to controller.
SCFG SYSTEMCONFIG SYSTEM Set or get power on initializing parameter way.
SCSV SCREEN_SAVE DISPLAY Controls the automatic screen saver.
SET50 FUNCTION Sets the trigger level of the trigger source to the centre of the signal amplitude.
SKEW SKEW ACQUISITION Sets the skew of specified trace
SLFCALI SeLFCALIbration
STL STORELIST SIGNAL Get the list of store wave
STO STORE WAVEFORM TRANSFER Stores a trace in internal memory or mass storage.
STOP STOP ACQUISITION Immediately stops signal acquisition
STPN STORE_PANEL SAVE/RECALL Stores front-panel setup to mass storage.
STST STORE_SETUP WAVEFORM TRANSFER Controls the way in which traces are stored.
SWWV SWEEPWAVE SIGNAL Set or get sweep wave.
SXSA SINXX_SAMPLE ACQUISITION Sets the type of the interpolation
SYNC SYNC
TDIV TIME_DIV ACQUISITION Modifies the time base setting.
TMPL TEMPLATE WAVEFORM TRANSFER Produces a complete waveform template copy.
TRA TRACE DISPLAY Enables or disables the display of a trace.
TRCP TRIG_COUPLING ACQUISITION Sets the coupling mode of the specified trigger source.
TRDL TRIG_DELAY ACQUISITION Sets the time at which the trigger is to occur.
TRLV TRIG_LEVEL ACQUISITION Adjusts the trigger level of the specified trigger source
TRLV2 TRIG_LEVEL2 ACQUISITION Adjusts the second trigger level of the specified trigger source.
TRMD TRIG_MODE ACQUISITION The trigger mode.
TRPA TRIG_PATTERN ACQUISITION Sets the condition of the pattern trigger
TRSE TRIG_SELECT ACQUISITION Selects the condition that will trigger acquisition.
TRSL TRIG_SLOPE ACQUISITION Sets the trigger slope of the specified trigger source
TRWI TRIG_WINDOW ACQUISITION Return relative height of the trigger window
UNIT UNIT ACQUISITION Sets the unit of specified trace
VDIV VOLT_DIV ACQUISITION Sets the vertical sensitivity
VKEY VIRTUALKEY SYSTEM Set the virtual key.
VOLTPRT Sets or gets state of over-voltage protection
WAIT WAIT ACQUISITION Prevents new analysis until current has been completed.
WF WAVEFORM WAVEFORMTRANS Gets the waveform from the instrument.
WFLASH WriteFlash
WFLASHBLK WriteFlaskBlock
WFSU WAVEFORM_SETUP WAVEFORMTRANS Specifies amount of waveform data to go to controller
WRFLASHBLK WriteReadFlashBlock
WVDT wavedata SIGNAL Get the wave data of store .
wvpr waveparameter causes instant disconnect on query
XYDS XY_DISPLAY DISPLAY Enables or disables to display the XY format
SYSTem:COMM:LAN:IPAD
SYSTem:COMM:LAN:SMAS
SYSTem:COMM:LAN:GAT
SYSTem:COMM:LAN:MAC
SYSTem:DATE
SYSTem:time
SYST:VERS
SYSTem:PON:TYPE?
SYSTem:PRESet:TYPE?

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1064 on: December 02, 2018, 01:17:33 pm »
Found some more, most of these relate to interfacing with the digital input device,

At this point I am mostly only able to dig out queries, as running arbitrary commands when things like CLEARFLASH are buried in there,

There is one command in there I dont really know the full story for, DMES, he appears to be a query expecting something after the question mark, but not yet found out what, equally Dmes and WVPR if run with no trailing term will instantly break SCPI, with WVPR also crashing the scope application.

Tautech, any input on why half these commands are not documented in the manuals?

Code: [Select]
Short Form Long Form Subsystem Description
*CAL? *CAL? MISCELLANEOUS Performs complete internal calibration of the instrument.
*CLS *CLS STATUS Clears all status data registers
*ESE *ESE STATUS Sets the Standard Event Status Enable register (ESE).
*ESR? *ESR? STATUS Reads, clears the Event Status Register (ESR).
*IDN? *IDN? MISCELLANEOUS For identification purposes.
*OPC? *OPC? STATUS Sets the OPC bit in the Event Status Register (ESR).
*RCL *RCL SAVE/RECALL Recalls one of five nonvolatile panel setups.
*RST *RST SAVE/RECALL The *RST command initiates a device reset.
*SAV *SAV SAVE/RECALL Stores current state in nonvolatile internal memory.
*SRE *SRE STATUS Sets the Service Request Enable register (SRE).
*STB? *STB? STATUS Reads the contents of IEEE 488.
*TRG *TRG ACQUISITION Executes an ARM command.
*TST? *TST? MISCELLANEOUS Performas an Internal Self Test
ACQW ACQUIRE_WAY ACQUISITION Specifies the acquisition mode.
ALST? ALL_STATUS? STATUS Reads and clears the contents of all status registers.
AMPDBM AMPLITUDEDBM
ARM ARM_ACQUISITION ACQUISITION Changes acquisition state from "stopped" to "single".
C:ARWV (AR) ARBWAVE DATA SYSTEM Change arbitrary wave type.
ASET AUTOSETUP ACQUISITION Adjusts vertical, time base and trigger parameters.
C:ATTN ATTENUATION ACQUISITION Selects the vertical attenuation factor of the probe
AUTTS AUTO_TYPESET ACQUISITION Selects the display type of automatic setup.
AVGA AVERAGE_ACQUIRE ACQUISITION Selects the average times of average acquisition.
C:BSWV (B) BASICWAVE
BTWL
C:BTWV BURSTWAVE SIGNAL Set or get burst wave parameters
BUZZ BUZZER MISCELLANEOUS Controls the built-in piezo-electric buzzer.
C:BWL BANDWIDTH_LIMIT ACQUISITION Enables/disables the bandwidth-limiting lowpass filter
CFLASH CLEARFLASH
CHDR COMMUNICATION Controls formatting of query responses.
CHS
CLRCALI CLEARCALIBRATION
CLSW COLOUR_SWITCH
CLEAR_SWEEPS FUNCTION Restarts the cumulative processing functions.
C:CMBN (c ) COMBINE
CMR? CMR? STATUS Reads and clears the Command error Register (CMR).
CONET COMM_NET COMMUNICATION Specifies network addresses of scope and printers.
C:CPL COUPLING ACQUISITION Selects the specified input channel‘s coupling mode.
CRMS CURSOR_MEASURE CURSOR Specifies the type of cursor/parameter measurement.
crsc CURSOR_SOURCE
C:CRST CURSOR_SET CURSOR Allows positioning of any one of eight cursors.
CRTY CURSOR_TYPE
C:CRVA? CURSOR_VALUE? CURSOR Returns trace values measured by specified cursors.
CSVS CSV_SAVE SAVE/RECALL Saves specified waveform data of CSV format to USB device.
CYMT CYMOMETER FUNCTION Returns the current cymometer value which displaying on the screen
C:DACC
DCD1
DCST (d)
DCVL
DDR? DDR? STATUS Clears the Device Dependent Register (DDR).
DEF DEFINE? FUNCTION Specifies math expression for function evaluation
DELF DELETE_FILE MASS STORAGE Deletes files from mass storage.
DIR DIRECTORY MASS STORAGE Creates and deletes file directories.
DMES Causes instant program crash
DTJN DOT_JOIN DISPLAY Controls the interpolation lines between data points.
DUTYCALI DUTYCALIBRATION
EMOD (e) EDUMODE
EXR? EXR? STATUS Reads, clears the Execution error Register (EXR).
FCNT FreqCouNTer Sets or gets frequency counter parameters.
FCNTCALI FreqCouNTerCALIbration
FDBKAJT FeeDBacKAJusT
FFTC FFT_CENTER The FFT_CENTER command sets the center frequency when FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) is selected.
FFTF FFT_FULLSCREEN FUNCTION Enables or disables to display the FFT trace full screen.
FFTP FFT_POS The FFT_POSITION command sets the vertical offset of FFT waveform
FFTS FFT_SCALE FUNCTION Selects the vertical scale of FFT trace.
FFTT FFT_TDIV The FFT_TDIV? query returns current horizontal scale of FFT waveform.
FFTU FFT_UNIT The FFT_UNIT command sets the vertical scale type of FFT
FFTW FFT_WINDOW FUNCTION Selects the window of FFT.
FILT FILTER FUNCTION Enables or disables the filter of specified source.
FILTS FILT_SET FUNCTION Selects the type of filter, and sets the limit value of filter
FLNM FILENAME MASS STORAGE Changes default filenames.
FPAR FRAME_PARAM HISTORY Get frame param.
FRAM FRAME_SET HISTORY History Frame No. set
FRSPAJT FreqReSPAJusT
FRTR FORCE_TRIGGER ACQUISITION Forces the instrument to make one acquisition.
FVDISK FORMAT_VDISK MASS STORAGE Reads the capability of the USB device.
GCSV GET_CSV WAVEFORMTRANS Specifies waveform data of format to controller.
GRDS GRID_DISPLAY DISPLAY Selects the type of grid
C:HADJ
C:HARM HARMONIC
HMAG HOR_MAGNIFY DISPLAY Horizontally expands the selected expansion trace.
HPOS HOR_POSITION DISPLAY Horizontally positions intensified zone‘s center.
HSIN HISTORY_INTERVAL
HSLST HISTORY_LIST The HISTORY_LIST command is used to set the state of history list.
HSMD HISTORY_MODE The HISTORY_MODE command is used to set the state of history mode.
HSST HISTORY_STATE
HSTA HOR_STATE
INR? INR? STATUS Reads, clears INternal state change Register (INR).
INTS INTENSITY DISPLAY Sets the grid or trace/text intensity level.
C:INVS INVERT_SET DISPLAY Invert the trace or the math waveform of specified source.
C:INVT INVERT DISPLAY
LAGG (LA)
LANG LANGUAGE
LED
MCBD MACHINE_BAND
C:MDWV (M) MODULATEWAVE SIGNAL Set or get modulate wave parameters.
MEAD MEASURE_DELAY The MEASURE_DELY command places the instrument in the continuous measurement mode and starts a type of delay measurement.
MENU MENU DISPLAY Enables or disables to display the current menu
MODE MODE
MSIZ MEMORY_SIZE FUNCTION Returns the maximal memory size
MTEN MATH_ENABLE
MTVD MATH_VERT_DIV ACQUISITION Controls the vertical sensitivity of math waveform of specified source.
MTVP MATH_VERT_POS ACQUISITION Controls the vertical position of math waveform of specified source.
NBFM (N) NUMBERFORMAT
C:OFST OFFSET ACQUISITION Allows output channel vertical offset adjustment.
C:OUTP OUTPUT
PACL PARAMETER_CLR CURSOR Clears all current parameters in Custom, Pass/Fail.
PACU PARAMETER_CUSTOM CURSOR Controls parameters with customizable qualifiers.
PAVA? PARAMETER_VALUE? CURSOR Returns current parameter, mask test values
PESU PERSIST_SETUP DISPLAY Selects display persistence duration.
PFBF PF_BUFFER The PF_BUFFER command sets the output mode when the test fails.
PFCM PF_CREATEM FUNCTION Creates the mask of the pass/fail.
PFDD PF_DATEDIS FUNCTION Return the number of the pass/fail monitor which can be displayed on the screen
PFDS PF_DISPLAY FUNCTION Enables or disables to display the test and the message options of pass/fail
PFEN PF_ENABLE The PF_ENABLE command enables or disables the Pass/Fail test features.
PFFS PF_FAIL_STOP The PF_FAIL_STOP command sets the switch of the ―stop on fail‖ function
PFOP PF_OPERATION The PF_OPERATION command controls to run or stop Pass/Fail test
PFSC PF_SOURCE The PF_SOURCE command sets measurement sources for Pass/Fail test.
PFSL PF_SAVELOAD SAVE/RECALL Saves or recalls the created mask setting
PFST PF_SET FUNCTION Sets the X mask and the Y mask
PNSU PANEL_SETUP SAVE/RECALL Complements the *SAV/*RST commands.
PRBD
C:PRI PRIORITY
PROD PRODUCT
PRTCALI PRINTCALIBRATION
RCPN RECALL_PANEL SAVE/RECALL Recalls a front-panel setup from mass storage.
REFCL REF_CLOSE The REF_CLOSE command closes the Reference function.
REFDS REF_DISPLAY The REF_DISPLAY command enables or disables the current reference channel shown on the screen.
REFLA REF_LOCATION The REF_LOCATION command selects the current reference channel.
REFPO REF_POSITION The REF_POSITION command sets the vertical offset of the current reference channel.
REFSA REF_SAVE The REF_SAVE command saves the waveform (screen range) of the specified source as the reference waveform
REFSC REF_SCALE The REF_SCALE command sets the vertical scale of the current reference channel
REFSR REF_SOURCE The REF_SOURCE command sets the reference waveform source.
RFLASH ReadFlash
RFLASHBLK ReadFlashBlock
ROSC ROSCillator Sets or gets the clock source.
SVAJTDT SaVeAJusTDaTa
SANU SAMPLE_NUM ACQUISITION Return the number of sampled points available from last acquisition and the trigger position
SARA SAMPLE_RATE ACQUISITION Return the sample rate of the scope
SAST SAMPLE_STATUS ACQUISITION Return the acquisition status of the scope
SCDP SCREEN_DUMP HARD COPY Causes a screen dump to controller.
SCFG (S) SYSTEMCONFIG SYSTEM Set or get power on initializing parameter way.
SCSV SCREEN_SAVE DISPLAY Controls the automatic screen saver.
SET50 FUNCTION Sets the trigger level of the trigger source to the centre of the signal amplitude.
C:SKEW SKEW ACQUISITION Sets the skew of specified trace
SLFCALI SeLFCALIbration
SRLN
STL (ST) STORELIST SIGNAL Get the list of store wave
STO STORE WAVEFORM TRANSFER Stores a trace in internal memory or mass storage.
STOP STOP ACQUISITION Immediately stops signal acquisition
STPN STORE_PANEL SAVE/RECALL Stores front-panel setup to mass storage.
STST STORE_SETUP WAVEFORM TRANSFER Controls the way in which traces are stored.
MATH:INVS INVERT_SET DISPLAY Invert the trace or the math waveform of specified source.
MATH:CRVA CURSOR_VALUE? CURSOR Returns trace values measured by specified cursors.
DI:WF
DI:WSF
DI:SARA SAMPLE_RATE? The SARA? query returns the sample rate of the scope.
DI:LTV LOCAL_VALID
DI:CMF CMD_FINISHED
DI:STTA START_ACQ
DI:STPA STOP_ACQ
DI:SRLN
DI:THAD THREADJ
DI:HISM HIST_MODE
DI:SV SOFTWARE_VERSION
DI:PV PCB_VERSION
DI:FV FPGA_VERSION
DI:FR FREQ
DI:BV BOM_VERSION
DI:SW SWITCH The SWITCH command is used to set the state of digital.
C:SWWV (sw) SWEEPWAVE SIGNAL Set or get sweep wave.
SVADJDT?
SXSA SINXX_SAMPLE ACQUISITION Sets the type of the interpolation
:SYNC SYNC
TDIV TIME_DIV ACQUISITION Modifies the time base setting.
TMPL TEMPLATE WAVEFORM TRANSFER Produces a complete waveform template copy.
D:TRA TRACE DISPLAY Enables or disables the display of a trace.
C:TRA TRACE DISPLAY Enables or disables the display of a trace.
C:TRCP TRIG_COUPLING ACQUISITION Sets the coupling mode of the specified trigger source.
TRDL TRIG_DELAY ACQUISITION Sets the time at which the trigger is to occur.
TRDP TRIG_DROP
C:TRLV TRIG_LEVEL ACQUISITION Adjusts the trigger level of the specified trigger source
C:TRLV2 TRIG_LEVEL2 ACQUISITION Adjusts the second trigger level of the specified trigger source.
TRMD TRIG_MODE ACQUISITION The trigger mode.
TRNR TRIG_NOISEREJ
TRPA TRIG_PATTERN ACQUISITION Sets the condition of the pattern trigger
TRSE TRIG_SELECT ACQUISITION Selects the condition that will trigger acquisition.
C:TRSL TRIG_SLOPE ACQUISITION Sets the trigger slope of the specified trigger source
D:TRSL TRIG_SLOPE ACQUISITION Sets the trigger slope of the specified trigger source
L8:TSM THRESHOLD_MODE The THRESHOLD_MODE command sets the threshold type for the specified group of channels.
L8:CUS CUSTOM The CUSTOM command sets the threshold value by customer for the specified group of channels
H8:CUS CUSTOM The CUSTOM command sets the threshold value by customer for the specified group of channels
H8:TSM THRESHOLD_MODE The THRESHOLD_MODE command sets the threshold type for the specified group of channels.
TRSR TRIG_SOURCE Trigger Source
TRST TRIG_STATUS
TRWI TRIG_WINDOW ACQUISITION Return relative height of the trigger window
C:UNIT UNIT ACQUISITION Sets the unit of specified trace
C:VDIV VOLT_DIV ACQUISITION Sets the vertical sensitivity
C:VGAC
VKEY VIRTUALKEY SYSTEM Set the virtual key.
VOLTPRT Sets or gets state of over-voltage protection
WAIT WAIT ACQUISITION Prevents new analysis until current has been completed.
WF WAVEFORM WAVEFORMTRANS Gets the waveform from the instrument.
WFLASH WriteFlash
WFLASHBLK WriteFlaskBlock
WFSU WAVEFORM_SETUP WAVEFORMTRANS Specifies amount of waveform data to go to controller
WRFLASHBLK WriteReadFlashBlock
WFDA saves waveform data to user folder on device
WFSU WAVEFORM_SETUP Waveform Setup
WVDT wavedata SIGNAL Get the wave data of store .
wvpr waveparameter The WAVE_PARA? query returns the location, name, frequency, amplitude, and offset of four arbitrary waveforms.
XYDS XY_DISPLAY DISPLAY Enables or disables to display the XY format
SYST:COMM:LAN:IPAD SYSTem:COMMunicate:LAN:IPADdress Set a host name for the signal generator in network
SYST:COMM:LAN:SMAS SYSTem:COMMunicate:LAN:SMASk Set the subnet mask according to the PC network Settings. The subnet mask will be set automatically if the IP assignment is set to DHCP.
SYST:COMM:LAN:GAT SYSTem:COMMunicate:LAN:GATeway Set the gateway for the signal generator in the network. The gateway will be fetched automatically if the IP assignment is set to DHCP.
SYST:COMM:LAN:TYPE SYSTem:COMMunicate:LAN:TYPE Toggles the IP assignment Setting between static (manual) and DHCP (dynamic assignment) mode.
SYST:COMM:MAC SYSTem:COMMunicate:LAN:MAC
SYST:DATE SYSTem:DATE System Date
SYST:time SYSTem:time System Time
SYST:VERS SYSTem:VERSion
SYST:PON:TYPE SYSTem:PON:TYPE Uses command to set signal generator to power on in default, last. Get power on type.
SYST:PRES:TYPE SYSTem:PRESet:TYPE Uses this command to preset the signal generator to default, user.
SYST:PRES:SAVE SYSTem:PRESet:SAVE Save status for preset when preset type is user.
SYST:PRES SYSTem:PRESet Presets all parameters.
SOUR:PRES SOURce:PRESet Presets all parameters which are related to the selected signal path
SYST:PRES:PATH SYSTem:PRESet:PATH Set preset file when preset type is user
SYST:FDEF SYSTem:FDEFault
SYST:ERR SYSTem:ERRor

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1065 on: December 02, 2018, 01:36:29 pm »
Found some more, most of these relate to interfacing with the digital input device,

At this point I am mostly only able to dig out queries, as running arbitrary commands when things like CLEARFLASH are buried in there,

There is one command in there I dont really know the full story for, DMES, he appears to be a query expecting something after the question mark, but not yet found out what, equally Dmes and WVPR if run with no trailing term will instantly break SCPI, with WVPR also crashing the scope application.

See here

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/lists-of-siglent-scpi-commands/msg1793117/#msg1793117

I also have a big list of all the SDS X-E (according to the code) but I can't find it now...  |O

Your "DMES" is DMESG (similar as in unix).

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1066 on: December 02, 2018, 07:27:29 pm »

Tautech, any input on why half these commands are not documented in the manuals?

As I browse through them most appear to be the equivalents of UI functions, ie. available within the user menus and sub-menus.
Some are specific to options and external connections however there's no doubt others will be factory configuration commands.
The official SCPI command set:
https://www.siglentamerica.com/download/2617/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1067 on: December 02, 2018, 07:37:06 pm »
On the 1104Z (Rigol) the trace sort of lumbers it's way towards and then past what you wanted and then the marker moves once you stop turning.
frankly if the 1104Z had snappy response I likely wouldn't be looking around, but I was very disappointed with the UI speed on the Rigol 1104Z.

It's only really the vertical movement that's slow and a lot of the problem can be mitigated by technique. I made a video a while back:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/the-ds1054z-vertical-response-discussion-thread/

Online Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1068 on: December 02, 2018, 09:20:30 pm »

The integration of the MSO option with the SDS1004X-E DSO is not great, so you can call it crippled indeed, when compared to the fully integrated solutions in SDS1000X+ and SDS2000X.

Last time I've checked it about 9 months ago, there has been some 7ns skew between analog and digital channels and the digital deskew parameter was not preserved upon a power cycle. I expect this bug to be fixed by now though.

Mixed channel Pattern Trigger is not supported, so it has to be either an analog or digital pattern.

Furthermore, both History and Zoom don't work when digital channels are enabled. Since most people want the MSO for decoding serial buses nowadays, this means you cannot decode long messages, because the decoder line at the bottom of the screen will become unreadable due to the lack of space. Using analog channels, you can easily deal with that by just entering zoom mode and take a closer look at the part of the message you're interested in. As it is now, when using digital channels you're almost limited to the capabilities of a Rigol 1000Z which only decodes the screen buffer anyway

The limitation described above only applies in run mode though. You can still capture a long message and then zoom in and navigate through the message while in stop mode. Also the list view works during Run even for very long messages, but that's rather pointless as you cannot closely examine the corresponding waveform – you might just as well use an LA instead.

Other than that, it's not all that bad. Here is an example how a 100MHz SDS1104X-E is capable of capturing a 320MHz sinewave with only 1.5Vpp amplitude on a logic channel of the SLA1016:

SLA1016_D12_Sine_320MHz_1.5Vpp

A 4ns wide pulse – heavily distorted when viewed on the analog channel at just 100MHz bandwidth, but nicely captured on the digital channel:

SLA1016_AD_Pulse_5V_4ns_probe

16 digital channels, grouped into 2 parallel buses, captured at 1GSa/s with 14Mpts record length. This also demonstrates how the decoded values become unreadable in the busy regions, where we get just blue bars. In stop mode, zooming into these regions wouldn't be a problem though. I just don't happen to have a screenshot at hand for that.

SLA1016_Bus_Select

Finally a digital pattern trigger. Two buses again, the first (lower) one decoded binary, the 2nd (upper) one decimal:

SLA1016_Trig_Pattern_1us

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:32:01 pm by Performa01 »

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Howardlong, bmjjr

Offline photomankc

• Contributor
« Reply #1069 on: December 02, 2018, 10:10:04 pm »
Thanks!  That's helpful to know.

I'll probably go ahead and get the LA later on next year.  It's not a show stopping thing for me not to have it, just something that I would like to have.  Looks like for the things I would typically like to use it for it would work though that lack of decode in a zoom is a bummer.  I appreciate the insights!

So I've processed the return for the Rigol MSO1104Z.  Just not what I wanted for a scope that cost about $800.  I'm not a Rigol hater, I have loved my 2202 and I like aspects of Rigol's interface better but they just did not impress me with the 1104Z.  After unboxing and playing with the SIGLENT and trying out the web server interface that is WAY more responsive and useful than the windows-only UltraVision stuff, it was an easy choice for me.  Glad I learned about this option here before return time ran out.

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1070 on: December 03, 2018, 11:54:28 am »
tv84: I've searched every one of your posts on the forum and cannot find anything like what your describing other than the text file, Any chance you could post that list if you still have it?

There are things like how to make the scope enter bode plot mode with certain parameters that is still unclear to me.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1071 on: December 03, 2018, 12:40:53 pm »
tv84: I've searched every one of your posts on the forum and cannot find anything like what your describing other than the text file, Any chance you could post that list if you still have it?

There are things like how to make the scope enter bode plot mode with certain parameters that is still unclear to me.

Sorry, when I said I had it, was in my home... somewhere. Not in the forum.

I'll try to compile something again.

But I don't refer to the specific parameters. Only the commands.

Of course if you have any specific command it can be analysed with more detail in the code to try understand its parameters.

Offline photomankc

• Contributor
« Reply #1072 on: December 04, 2018, 06:03:28 am »
Is there any facility to change the labels of the channels?  I didn't see it in the manual or playing arounds in the UI, so my guess is there isn't but thought I would confirms that.  That'll be something I miss a little bit.

Online Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1073 on: December 04, 2018, 03:55:35 pm »
Is there any facility to change the labels of the channels?  I didn't see it in the manual or playing arounds in the UI, so my guess is there isn't but thought I would confirms that.  That'll be something I miss a little bit.
You're right, the analog channels don't have customizable labels.

It sounds like a cool feature, but there is also hardly any spare space to support meaningful labels on Siglent X-E scopes.

Does Rigol DS1000Z have this?

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1074 on: December 04, 2018, 04:08:20 pm »
You're right, the analog channels don't have customizable labels.

It sounds like a cool feature, but there is also hardly any spare space to support meaningful labels on Siglent X-E scopes.

Does Rigol DS1000Z have this?

It does. But without a keyboard it is pain in the rear to edit it.

Do the Siglents 1000X-E series support external keyboard on USB? That would be very nice, and for me I would pick them instead of DS1000Z just for that. Arcade style word writing with button is pain..

Regards,

Sinisa
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:46:28 pm by 2N3055 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf