Author Topic: Siglent SDS1104X-E and SDS1204X-E Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes  (Read 615836 times)

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
Re: Siglent SDS1104X-E and SDS1204X-E Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
« Reply #1850 on: December 08, 2020, 09:01:00 pm »
Now there's even more to say but I'll leave it like this otherwise things could side track some more. :-X

Regards as well  :-+
“I ‘d like to reincarnate as a dung beetle, ‘cause there’s nothing wrong with a shitty life, real misery comes from high expectations”

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline DEV001

• Contributor
« Reply #1851 on: December 09, 2020, 12:22:49 am »
rf-loops analysis and writeup on the SDS1104X-E is what motivated me to purchase it.  :-+

He shows the real world data for the scope and his reports are 1000x better than the actual Siglent official documentation IMO.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1852 on: December 09, 2020, 12:59:20 am »
It probably doesn't prove much, because it is propably sampling faster under water.

How useful is this talking and wondering if you do not believe or listen anything what is said about it.
A quick response on this is still required. While I was wondering and creating screen shots, my guess was already confirmed. It might than seem stubborn to then still call it probable, but the posts just crossed each other.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:22:53 am by HendriXML »
“I ‘d like to reincarnate as a dung beetle, ‘cause there’s nothing wrong with a shitty life, real misery comes from high expectations”

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1853 on: December 09, 2020, 01:09:36 am »
rf-loops analysis and writeup on the SDS1104X-E is what motivated me to purchase it.  :-+

He shows the real world data for the scope and his reports are 1000x better than the actual Siglent official documentation IMO.
Yes, very wise and experienced old EE and communicates exceptionally well considering his mother tongue is Finnish not English.  :o
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline rf-loopTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #1854 on: December 09, 2020, 02:23:14 am »
It probably doesn't prove much, because it is propably sampling faster under water.

How useful is this talking and wondering if you do not believe or listen anything what is said about it.
A quick response on this is still required. While I was wondering and creating screen shots, my guess was already confirmed. It might than seem stubborn to then still call it probable, but the posts just crossed each other.

Self learning and making own tests and thinking these is of course very good. And it is nice to see some peoples do, example you. I see you do lot of work for "know your test instrument" what is always important for better results when use it and also for understand what it display - and also importantly - what not.

Also some times in my life I have seen "stupid" speculations or some simple adverse or "wrong" question have open road to solve problem...  so..  also method "negation test" is very important basic tool in problem solving.

This is not personal.

For all.

About SDS1104X-E/SDS1204X-E  there is huge set of information. Partially very deep information.
Of course after 2017 many things have changed bit due to FW updates and also there is perhaps some small questionable details but overall amazing good source for knowledge how this works. @Performa01 have done lot of work for this.
Long time I have not read these and do not know how up to date these are but basic fundamentals have not changed.
Some times it is good to pop up this thread due to its valued information.

It is here
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/msg1371771/#msg1371771
Siglent SDS1104X-E In-Depth Review

Starting from first message there is downloadable pdf  review documents  over 170 pages full of tests details and knowledge.
It is useful to read for everyone who is bit more intersted about "how my instrument works"

Other place is one thread what is some kind of introduction about 2nd generation BodePlot  what these scopes have today. (after this very first bit poor version) but it is other thing and do not belong under "how oscilloscope work" it belongs to "How SFRA" works what is totally different animal but in same box.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397073
SDS1104X-E Review 1-25.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397074
SDS1104X-E Review 26-50.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397075
SDS1000X-E Bandwidth.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397077
 SDS1104X-E Review 70-93.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397078
SDS1104X-E Review 93-108.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397079
SDS1104X-E Review 109-137.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397080
SDS1104X-E Review 137-162.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/?action=dlattach;attach=397081
SDS1104X-E Review 163-174.pdf

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:27:43 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: HendriXML, ballen

Offline ballen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1855 on: December 09, 2020, 04:25:10 am »
It is explained bit more but unfortunately "scrambled by natural enigma". Our "enigma" is our Finnish language what is said is second difficult after Chinese in world. 
In some images there is some english/finglish explanations. But more deep text explanations just with Finnish.
https://siglent.fi/oskilloskooppi-tietoa-sds1004x-e--wfm-speed.html

I am slowly reading through this with help from Google translate.  It's very helpful, thank you for writing it!

PS: there is a typo in the second (all yellow) table shown in Figure 1, in the line with t/div= 1ms.  Column 6 contains 1G sa/s. It should read 1M sa/s.

Typing mistake corrected, thank you.

Something that would be very useful for me would be a block diagram of the scope.  This would help me to construct a good internal model for what it's doing.  Just a page or two back you posted a nice block diagram showing the input front end, the DAC for offsets, the ADC feeding the triggering system, but then it gets less precise.  Is there a more complete block diagram that shows the acquisition/history/sequence/frame system in some detail?

A few questions regarding the sampling/trigger system: is the ADC always running at 1Gs/sec then decimating afterwards?  Is the decimation done before or after the triggering system?  When decimating can the scope keep/store more than 8 bits in memory?  For example when the scope is acquiring data at 4Msa/a (decimation by factor of 256) in principle one could add the 256 8-bit values to get 16 bit resolution. 

Offline ballen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1856 on: December 09, 2020, 04:35:38 am »
This post crossed the above one... in which my guess is already confirmed

In your post you included a screen dump ("settings.png") showing the scope settings?  If there is a simple way to produce this?  Or did you do it by hand?  If there's a simple way to make such a dump, please tell me how, it will be useful the next time I want to ask about behaviour which I don't understand.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1857 on: December 09, 2020, 06:31:13 am »

In your post you included a screen dump ("settings.png") showing the scope settings?  If there is a simple way to produce this?  Or did you do it by hand?  If there's a simple way to make such a dump, please tell me how, it will be useful the next time I want to ask about behaviour which I don't understand.
Knowing HendriXML's advanced SCPI use I'd say he's written a little script.
Check out some of his threads to see what he's been getting up to with his Siglent equipment.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1858 on: December 09, 2020, 07:48:03 am »
It is explained bit more but unfortunately "scrambled by natural enigma". Our "enigma" is our Finnish language what is said is second difficult after Chinese in world. 
In some images there is some english/finglish explanations. But more deep text explanations just with Finnish.
https://siglent.fi/oskilloskooppi-tietoa-sds1004x-e--wfm-speed.html

I am slowly reading through this with help from Google translate.  It's very helpful, thank you for writing it!

PS: there is a typo in the second (all yellow) table shown in Figure 1, in the line with t/div= 1ms.  Column 6 contains 1G sa/s. It should read 1M sa/s.

Typing mistake corrected, thank you.

Something that would be very useful for me would be a block diagram of the scope.  This would help me to construct a good internal model for what it's doing.  Just a page or two back you posted a nice block diagram showing the input front end, the DAC for offsets, the ADC feeding the triggering system, but then it gets less precise.  Is there a more complete block diagram that shows the acquisition/history/sequence/frame system in some detail?

A few questions regarding the sampling/trigger system: is the ADC always running at 1Gs/sec then decimating afterwards?  Is the decimation done before or after the triggering system?  When decimating can the scope keep/store more than 8 bits in memory?  For example when the scope is acquiring data at 4Msa/a (decimation by factor of 256) in principle one could add the 256 8-bit values to get 16 bit resolution.

There is not this like of functional "block diagram" what also somehow give imagination what user then see when he is using scope.
Also I miss this kind of block diagram not for me but for perhaps for user guidance and counseling.
What I have is just my own made some kind of teaching "flip chart" material in mind what need also explanations by talking when show these images... but they are as they are now. There is some what give rough imagine about sequence, history  and so on but they only give very rough basic fuzzy imagine what is going on there.

is the ADC always running at 1Gs/sec then decimating afterwards?

No but yes...

If scope have some special mode it is least possible ADC run some of its lower speed. But example in 1000X-E/U ADC work always full speed what is 1GSa/s in interleaved mode and 500MSa/s in "non interleaved" mode.
There is 1 ADC for 2 channels.  When only one is in use ADC run in interleaved mode 1GSa/s, always afaik.
When both channels in use it run "non interleaved" mode and samplerate is 500MSa/s .
(now need remember that if second channel pair ADCserve 2 channels it force also otherchannel pair ADC 500MSa/s.

Note: Also 500MSa/s "non interleaved" mode is interleaved but because this X-E model use it only in 1 or 2 channel mode it can somehow think is is non interleaved. But if look bit more deep it is also interleaved. 1 ADC what is HMCAD1511 have 4x250MSa/s ADC. (example in Rigol 1000Z ADC is shared for all channels and full speed rates are 1Gsa, 500MSa and 250MSa/s. Same "full" samplerates are now also in Siglent X-U)

In Siglent data sheet is one mystery what I hit just short time ago. and I do not know if it is typemistake or what it is. I will later try get more deep info... except if example Performa01 know and see this.
X-U data sheet:  Peak detect 2ns.
X-E data sheeet:   4 channels models 2ns, 2 channel models 4ns. Weird. If they are opposite, still weird. Why they are different I do not have idea.

These are two true full speeds in 1000X-E models.
It need note that if example turn one channel in use, time scale for 1ms/div and memory is 14M  it use 1GSa/s full speed. If change to 2ms/div it drops to 500MSa/s  and in this case ADC still run 1GSa/s so this  500MSa/s is not full speed 500MSa/s but this is  decimated 500MSa/s.

As far as I know. Trigger system get always ADC full speed samplerate 1GSa or 500MSa/s.  When ever it decimate, it happen after main part of trigger system. If there is decimated samplerate 500MSa/s then every second sample is dropped.

In these 1000 models, in memory is always only 8bit raw ADC data. If with 1GSa/s ADC decimated (and displayed) samplerate is 5MSa/s in mean that it take 1 sample and drop away 199 samples. It do not look what is "best" sample or what is average in this 200 samples group. Stored byte is just this byte what is every 200th byte in order in queue. This in normal mode.
In Peak detect mode it look what is highest in decimation "group" (example in this 200 sample group) and take this one to acq. memory (and loose it time position in original ADC data.).

SDS2000XPlus is different. It can produce more than 8bit in high resolution mode and of course it then consume also more memory.

So in short.
ADC work always full speed what depends how many channels in use.
Trigger engine listen this non decimated ADC stream.
If need decimate, it happen after then before acquisition memory what have always 8bit level information.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 07:55:01 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: ballen

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1859 on: December 09, 2020, 10:47:24 am »

Its something a script that I made does. It syncs inifile settings using scpi commands. Essentially parameters have actual / requested values. Requested values are read from ini settings (as shown). Actual values are read from the scope. If requested value is different then actual it is synced with the scope. (Checking if its different makes it a lot faster) Also the requested value (or in absence of it the actual value) is written as an ini setting. So at the end the output contains the most important settings of the scope. This output is easy to read, but can also be used to restore the scopes settings the next time.
The script can handle more tasks like creating a screen dumps, saving the wave data to xml files. Eventually it will also be able to sync settings with my awg and psu, so its very easy to document and restore an experimental setup. I've thought about making it available, but "supporting" it would unfortunately take too much effort.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:04:47 pm by HendriXML »

The following users thanked this post: ballen

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1860 on: December 10, 2020, 01:15:35 am »
Weird.  The noise source seems to have disappeared, at least for now.  End result is that the issue doesn't reproduce right now.  I did manage to get a nice capture of it reproducing once with full bandwidth (i.e., no noise filtering anywhere), 1GS/s, and 14Mpoints memory depth, and saved everything including the setup.  I'm now running it with full bandwidth and 500MS/s with channel 1 enabled but configured to not show on the screen (recall that I'm using channel 2 for the waveform capture), and we'll see if the noise source comes back and the issue reproduces once again.

Seems the setup file is an XML file, and it seems to contain everything, including trigger settings.  Means it's possible for someone who knows what the values mean to interpret it.  And presumably, you can restore your scope settings from the file in order to see for yourself exactly what the settings were.

In any case, I'm going to create an archive with everything I got from the last reproduction attempt, which includes the settings, a couple of screenshots (one with the mask shown and one with the mask not shown), the binary data, and the full CSV file, and upload that to my Box account, and then share the link to it here so that anyone who's interested in looking at it can check it out.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:32:52 am by kcbrown »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1861 on: December 10, 2020, 01:41:56 am »
OK, here's the link to the 7-zip archive containing the data for the last reproduction of the issue: https://app.box.com/s/ciq2s35embv450slixr79tn2rg13ylil

Let me know if you have trouble getting to it and I'll see what I can do.

If you would like me to, I'll be happy to edit this message to include the screenshots, but the archive does contain them.

Here's the contents:

Code: [Select]
kevin@ubuntu:/tmp$ 7z l /tmp/FULLBW-1GS.7z

7-Zip [64] 16.02 : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2016-05-21
p7zip Version 16.02 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,64 bits,8 CPUs Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz (306E4),ASM,AES-NI)

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 7057584 bytes (6893 KiB)

Listing archive: /tmp/FULLBW-1GS.7z

--
Path = /tmp/FULLBW-1GS.7z
Type = 7z
Physical Size = 7057584
Headers Size = 322
Method = LZMA2:24
Solid = +
Blocks = 1

Date      Time    Attr         Size   Compressed  Name
------------------- ----- ------------ ------------  ------------------------
2020-12-09 19:35:30 D....            0            0  FULLBW-1GS
1979-12-31 18:00:00 ....A     14002048      7057262  FULLBW-1GS/Binnary.bin
1979-12-31 18:00:00 ....A    392000339               FULLBW-1GS/CSV.csv
2020-12-09 19:35:30 ....A         1155               FULLBW-1GS/README.txt
2020-12-09 19:30:44 ....A         1099               FULLBW-1GS/README.txt~
1979-12-31 18:00:00 ....A        16422               FULLBW-1GS/SDS00001.png
1979-12-31 18:00:00 ....A        19629               FULLBW-1GS/SDS00002.png
1979-12-31 18:00:00 ....A        79986               FULLBW-1GS/Setup.xml
------------------- ----- ------------ ------------  ------------------------
2020-12-09 19:35:30          406120678      7057262  7 files, 1 folders

As a side note, I must say that 7-zip is rather impressive in terms of its compression capabilities.  It compresses the contents of the archive down to 7 megabytes.  "Zip" compressed it to 42 megabytes.  That's a 6-fold difference.   :o

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1862 on: December 10, 2020, 12:52:53 pm »
Made a script that decimated the wave into 2 seperated ones (to make it managable), one with mins, other with maxs. Both are plotted in Excel.

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1863 on: December 10, 2020, 01:18:49 pm »
On the time axis Excel missed the decimal so I made a new one, with a 0.5 .. 1.5 ms time window.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:42:07 pm by HendriXML »

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1864 on: December 10, 2020, 01:22:51 pm »
While not zoomin as well... :P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1865 on: December 10, 2020, 02:35:43 pm »
Simply. Signal what is available from acquistion memory do not contain any single thing what explain that this waveform is "trigged" and displayed.
-------

Still one question even you have once answered this but I hope more exactly.

Have you looked more long time that if you turn 20MHz BW filter on then it never do this in this test setup or is it so that it do but much more rarely. If it totally stop this fail it is one important finding.

More and more I feel this is perhaps some kind of bug.  But BW on/off may lead to 2 different main chain of reasoning if it totally stop this failure exist or if it just make it only more rare. If it only make it small amount more rare then it is nearly nonsense.

How it is?

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1866 on: December 10, 2020, 03:54:49 pm »
It should trigger, only not that location, non?

Maybe there're 2 different parts that analyse the waveform, the first one that is correct. And a second pass which has failing logic, which shifts the trigger location.

A good test would be a signal that shouldn't trigger at all.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:14:16 pm by HendriXML »

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1867 on: December 10, 2020, 04:14:29 pm »
I did some line drawing in a paint app, and it seem it shouldn't trigger at all, but it's close. (I don't know how the hysteresis should work.., so maybe it should anyways)

If the trigger logic is known (with hysteresis) it could be brought into a script and have it "watch" for a trigger event using the same data.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:19:43 pm by HendriXML »

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1868 on: December 10, 2020, 07:13:29 pm »
Simply. Signal what is available from acquistion memory do not contain any single thing what explain that this waveform is "trigged" and displayed.
-------

Still one question even you have once answered this but I hope more exactly.

Have you looked more long time that if you turn 20MHz BW filter on then it never do this in this test setup or is it so that it do but much more rarely. If it totally stop this fail it is one important finding.

I left it running for considerably longer than it generally took to reproduce without the filter on, but perhaps not long enough.  I'll be happy to turn the filter on and leave it running for however long you like.  So: how long would you like me to run the test with the 20MHz bandwidth enabled?

More and more I feel this is perhaps some kind of bug.  But BW on/off may lead to 2 different main chain of reasoning if it totally stop this failure exist or if it just make it only more rare. If it only make it small amount more rare then it is nearly nonsense.

How it is?

It's a good question.  Just let me know how long you'd like me to run the test for and I'll be happy to do it.

Also, what additional conditions, if any, would you like for the test?   500MS/s non-interleaved (which means I'd turn on channel 1)?  I normally run tests like this at 1GS/s because it allows for finer granularity of the resulting acquisition.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:15:44 pm by kcbrown »

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1869 on: December 10, 2020, 07:41:18 pm »
The noise source came back, so I was able to reproduce the issue again, this time with 500MS/s non-interleaved capture (by enabling channel 1 and putting it into "hidden" mode).  Here's the archive with the data for that: https://app.box.com/s/ubr1g01hp497u4rbj39kj5b2ldm9beek

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1870 on: December 10, 2020, 09:02:31 pm »
I've created some simple trigger logic.
At
-6,63E-03 it leaves the low voltage
At
-5,37E-03 it then enters the high voltage

The time between is:
1,2589 ms

So it should trigger because 1.2589 ms is between 0.5 ms to 1.5 ms

So in the example it might be that just the trigger location is wrong.

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1871 on: December 10, 2020, 09:25:16 pm »
Second example..

Trigger moments:
-6,5483280E-03   
-5,2723780E-03   

Time between:
1,2760 ms

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1872 on: December 10, 2020, 09:28:36 pm »
What can be said?

Both have met trigger criteria.

Both have a succeeding falling slope in which it goes from "mid voltage" to "high voltage": against that falling slope!

This might be the criteria for the bug....because in every day usage this might be rare (certainly if some hysteresis is applied)...

If bandwidth limit is on, it doesn't overcome hysteresis, so that could be why bandwidth limit is off is another bug criteria.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:02:38 pm by HendriXML »

Offline HendriXML

• Super Contributor
    • KiCad-BOM-reporter
« Reply #1873 on: December 10, 2020, 09:39:34 pm »
Your screenshot seems to hide the spike :-//

Edit..

It's very faint.. Trap for young players... :o
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:41:42 pm by HendriXML »

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1874 on: December 10, 2020, 10:11:51 pm »
Your screenshot seems to hide the spike :-//

Edit..

It's very faint.. Trap for young players... :o

Yep.  This is why I like to look at the CSV when trying to figure these things out.

It looks like you agree with me that there's a bug.  I told the scope that the time window is between 0.5ms and 1.5ms.  That time window is supposed to specify a slope.  It *can't* specify a slope unless it specifies the time range for the first point of the line that defines the slope.  The second point of the line that defines the slope is at time 0, when the trigger fires.  You can interpret this in one of two ways (which amount to the same thing):

• The first point occurs at between t = -1.5ms and t = 0.5ms, and the second point occurs at t = 0
  • The first point starts the clock, and the second point, where the trigger fires, occurs at between 0.5ms and 1.5ms later

The first interpretation is the one I use because it's consistent with the time values show in the CSV of the capture: negative time is time preceding the point where the trigger fired, and positive time is time after the trigger fired, and t = 0 is when the trigger fired.  This is the interpretation that I'll use going forward.

Now, this means that the trigger shouldn't have fired when it did.  Why?  Because there is no transition across 3.5V anywhere between t = -1.5ms and t = -0.5ms.  Remember that this is supposed to be a rising slope trigger, which means that the voltage of the first point is supposed to be lower than the voltage of the second point, and the waveform is supposed to rise through the first voltage (3.5V) between t = -1.5ms and t = -0.5ms, and is supposed to rise through the second voltage (4.5V) at t = 0.

Put another way, the spike meets the criteria for the second point (at t = 0), but there is nothing in the waveform that simultaneously satisfies both the time criteria and the voltage criteria for the first point relative to when the trigger fired.  Yes, of course there's a rise through 3.5V at t = -6.5ms and another through 4.5V at t = -5.2s.  That is when the trigger should have fired.  But it absolutely should not have fired when it actually did, and that's the problem.

Hence, bug.

By the way, I think it's safe to say that the trigger did actually fire when it shouldn't have.  The reason is that the trigger firing is what defines when a capture takes place, and the capture in question is a full 14Mpoints.  If this were just a display bug then t = 0 in the capture wouldn't be at exactly the halfway point in the data -- it would be offset.  But it's halfway through the data, meaning you have 7Mpoints before it and 7Mpoints after it.  This tells me that the trigger actually fired, and caused a capture, when it shouldn't have.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:16:26 pm by kcbrown »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf