Author Topic: Favorite lock-in good to 2 MHz  (Read 354 times)

Offline ezalys

• Regular Contributor
Favorite lock-in good to 2 MHz
« on: July 03, 2020, 08:23:01 pm »
Hey all,

Our group is looking for a new lock-in. We've narrowed it down to the signal recovery 7280, SRS SR865A, and Zurich instruments MFLI. Does anyone with experience with some of these instruments or other lock-ins have strong preferences about which one is superior? Most reliable?

Best wishes,
Evan

Offline ezalys

• Regular Contributor
Re: Favorite lock-in good to 2 MHz
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 01:16:12 am »
Bump. Someone here must have strong opinions on lock-ins.

Offline maxwell3e10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 04:20:03 am »
SRS has been a long time leader in lock-ins and I would stay they still are. SR865 is a fairly new model which is very easy to use with a touch screen and it has a lot of hardware capabilities. Signal Recovery 7280 is a pretty old design from a dying company (used to be EG&G) with confusing menus, so it mostly sits on the shelf. Zurich Instruments always seemed too expensive for what they offer, so I never used one.

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:19:47 am »
We have an SRS at work, and a Zurich Instruments one on the way. I can ask my colleagues what they think of them - I don't use them myself.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf