Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X HD, 12bit, 2GSa/s high definition oscilloscope serie.  (Read 137668 times)

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
I think I'll buy the scope next month to celebrate one month of full time employment as an engineer, graduating from university  ;D.

Congratulations !!

Offline mawyatt

• Super Contributor
I think I'll buy the scope next month to celebrate one month of full time employment as an engineer, graduating from university  ;D.

Congratulations !!

Same here  :-+

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician

...This ain´t going to be cheap...

Release is next week and for the price of the entry model you can buy two sds2104xplus and with a couple of very nice probes.... :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 02:25:10 pm by Martin72 »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
The information I got today in the morning, together with an offer from Batronix.
The whole day I´m thinking about... ;)
For this price you can get the SDS5034X, no joke..

So if I want to spend the money, I have the choice between:

8 Bit 350Mhz 250Mpts 5GSa/s  or 12 Bit 100Mhz 200 Mpts 2GSa/s....
The high entry price of the SDS2K X HD is surprising me, I´ve expected something around 2000..2500€, won´t believe that 12bit will cost so much more while it got the same "poor" samplerate and limited 500Mhz bandwith capability.
Compared one by one to the SDS5034X, there must be more advantages than "only" 12 Bit to justify this price.
Nevertheless I´m playing seriously with it to take the offer.

@rf-loop: Won´t you edit the title ? ;)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 09:32:40 pm by Martin72 »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
The high entry price of the SDS2K X HD is surprising me, I´ve expected something around 2000..2500€, won´t believe that 12bit will cost so much more while it got the same "poor" samplerate and limited 500Mhz bandwith capability.

What's the price of other 12-bit options?

See, why make it cheaper?  :-//
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 09:51:38 pm by tv84 »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Hi my friend,

That´s not the point in my opinion.
In comparison to the SDS2000X+ it got still the same samplerate, it got still the same bandwith, it got still only 2 mathchannels, it got still the same probe interface without the additional sensors other models of siglent have.
What it got as an advantage is the "true" 12 bit resolution and the memory management thing, plus having average and ERES in hardware.
But it must be more to justify more than double the price, maybe I can see it when I got one.

See, why make it cheaper?

Me, I´m a fool in such things - When I want to have it, I will get it, in this case I like to work with our 12 bit lecroy and want to have the 12bit at home.
But let me sting a little bit...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 10:25:36 pm by Martin72 »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
There are many details not directly visible from datasheet too..
Counter has statistics and  a totalizer mode that can also be gated....
DVM has trend plot, histogram etc..
Any Memory Management options ?

Until Siglent "free to public" date come (soon)  :-X  who knows...  >:D
|O  |O  |O
One only need study the OP again for this info..........revealed back in Feb !

Yes, next level like in SDS6000A and as was added into SDS5000X in a recent firmware update.
1 magnitude better zoom out than all competitors.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Me, I´m a fool in such things - When I want to have it, I will get it, in this case I like to work with our 12 bit lecroy and want to have the 12bit at home.
But let me sting a little bit...

Probably you are in need of a TEA session. If not, then the price is spot on!  :D

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055, Martin72

Offline rf-loopTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
There are many details not directly visible from datasheet too..
Counter has statistics and  a totalizer mode that can also be gated....
DVM has trend plot, histogram etc..
Any Memory Management options ?

Until Siglent "free to public" date come (soon)  :-X  who knows...  >:D
|O  |O  |O
One only need study the OP again for this info..........revealed back in Feb !

sorry, it was just a must... :-DD
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 04:50:14 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Probably you are in need of a TEA session. If not, then the price is spot on!  :D

;D

I´ve made my mind up and wrote batronix back - When the scope is avaible, it will be mine.
For this I must sell my 2504X+ (  ;) ), but I´ll still got possibilities to compare the two - We got some 2k+ at work..

The following users thanked this post: tv84, 2N3055

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor

;D

I´ve made my mind up and wrote batronix back - When the scope is avaible, it will be mine.
For this I must sell my 2504X+ (  ;) ), but I´ll still got possibilities to compare the two - We got some 2k+ at work..

I hope your better half will be as understanding as we are....

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Actually there is no better half, as the last better half leaved, the first thing I´ve done was to update my testgear. 8)
And I´ve enjoyed the moment not to complain why I must have this... :-X
So let´s go shopping before the next...

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Actually there is no better half, as the last better half leaved, the first thing I´ve done was to update my testgear. 8)
Half the fun of buying test gear is to manage the better half. Last week I had great fun hearing my wife ranting for several minutes at what I had bought to put in the garden. She learned that she should look more carefull first; I flipped the garden bench that has been in our garden for 20+ years on it's side so it was standing upright.  :-DD
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:16:33 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor

Mine doesn't mind me buy tools, as long as I use them... I just bought a drilling jig for woodworking.. It was quite expensive, but I used it to make some cabinets for pantry.. You could have bought the cabinets for the price of tool... But she's happy that it is exactly as she wanted it.. And I get to keep the tools...

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor

:-DD

I flipped the garden bench that has been in our garden for 20+ years on it's side so it was standing upright.  :-DD

:-DD Poetry...

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician

I´ve looked around, there are not many ones on the market.
Tektronix Series 4, Lecroy Wavesurfer 4000HD are the cheapest - And more than double expensive.
Did I mentioned I find the model-number of the siglent maximum "stupid" ?
Ah just another 2000 everybody will think by the first view, it was a fault by the 2000X+ also.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments

That depends on your Ebay and test equipment dealer negotiation skills. I'm quite sure you can find a used Lecroy scope for a similar amount of money with some patience. Yokogawa has some models as well although not high speed but with isolated inputs. And then there are several USB oscilloscopes as well. The analog discovery is about the cheapest option (with 14 bit resolution!).
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Hi Nico,

You´re right, but the look is at now and then and new to compare.

Offline rf-loopTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
The information I got today in the morning, together with an offer from Batronix.
The whole day I´m thinking about... ;)
For this price you can get the SDS5034X, no joke..

So if I want to spend the money, I have the choice between:

8 Bit 350Mhz 250Mpts 5GSa/s  or 12 Bit 100Mhz 200 Mpts 2GSa/s....
Compared one by one to the SDS5034X, there must be more advantages than "only" 12 Bit to justify this price.

@rf-loop: Won´t you edit the title ? ;)
Yes I will change it after official release date (yes I know exactly). Not before.
At this time there is not any single bit of official information for markets outside China - only rumors.  Period.

You can wonder. I do not wonder. It is going too cheap. Even when it perhaps is more than you expect.
Right price is perhaps ~3.5x SDS2kXplus but now they want - perhaps - sell these at a cheap price although the market should compete on quality and features instead of price.
Is this wondering 
..."only" 12 Bit...
based to any idea about these ADC real prices and availability. Perhaps these two chips alone cost more than one whole SDS2kXplus.
And it is really not SDS2kXPlus with just 12bit ADC's. It is lot of more. 256 vs 4096 affect many things inside it. 16 times more...

Then SDS5000X series... well...  how to compare, what to compare.

So or so but now I think to compare which coffee is better... other is 5 times more expensive than my normally used... I will take blind test...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:58:58 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor

That depends on your Ebay and test equipment dealer negotiation skills. I'm quite sure you can find a used Lecroy scope for a similar amount of money with some patience. Yokogawa has some models as well although not high speed but with isolated inputs. And then there are several USB oscilloscopes as well. The analog discovery is about the cheapest option (with 14 bit resolution!).

But that is a point: We are talking about 350-500 MHz 12 bit fully featured 10" touchscreen scope.
LeCroy HDO4000 is a closest thing.. and you won't get that used for peanuts...

Offline simone.pignatti

• Frequent Contributor
OPS! Can't wait to open it  :popcorn:
Technical Support

The following users thanked this post: JPortici, 2N3055, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
So we will be two - let´s start a new thead... :-DD
Nice, let´s see how long I have to wait for.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
For those interested, here is size comparison, SDS6000A and SDS2000X HD compared to Keysight MSOX3000T..
SDS2000X HD is a bit taller and more narrow and is maybe centimeter less deep than MSOX3000T.
Active screen area is much larger though...

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
For those interested, here is size comparison, SDS6000A and SDS2000X HD compared to Keysight MSOX3000T..

Why not a photo of both brothers?  :-//   Or the 3000T is the SI unit?

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor

Why not a photo of both brothers?  :-//   Or the 3000T is the SI unit?

No reason... Wanted to show how much bigger are screens on Siglents in comparison...

And at your request, here it is (without imposter  >:D) ... They actually look more like father and son...  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, voltsandjolts, tautech, tv84, Martin72

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf