Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X HD, 12bit, 2GSa/s high definition oscilloscope serie.  (Read 233707 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
RTFM...Again...
Thanks Rob !
But I didn’t !

I find the menus intuitive in that we simply need to Configure…..the Display and there’s the vertical scaling that is referred to as Amplitude that could just as correctly be named Vertical.

Some struggle with deep menus however once you break down what you seek into simple steps like Configure result and Display a user set scale the deep menus become very intuitive to use.
YMMV
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
I will work more with the menus, I promise. ;)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
I will work more with the menus, I promise. ;)
They just shouldn't be work but just common sense but first one has to adjust to thinking about what you need do and yes that can be challenging when deep in thought with what you are working on.

However we are always listening for worthwhile suggestions for UI improvements.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
The UI is good, better as the ones I knew before (rigol DS/MSO, siglent sds1104X-e), but MAUI is the "best"...

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline sly2538

Hi!

Is there anyone who would be willing to PM me instructions to hack SDS2104X HD?

Thanks!

me too  ;D  please

Offline amar87

• Contributor
Hi,

I am also thinking about the SDS2000X HD. Now i have been browsing all of the 25 pages from this thread and my conclusionis that there is a posibility to unlock all the features, however it is 'secret', and people seem to be very cryptic about this. What would one have to do to find out how to unlock it ?

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
As you have already correctly recognized, you can activate the options.
So you can buy the scope and then ask again, someone will probably help you.
You don't have to know how to do it, and there's no point in knowing if you don't have the scope.
Those who have found out how to do it, have invested a lot of time and have done it just for the fun of knowledge, they do not pursue any commercial purposes.
And it should stay that way. ;)

Offline amar87

• Contributor
Alright, thanks a lot Martin72! Will do once Batronix is able to deliver!

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Welectron have it too (deliver time a week), with PA license for free....
And you can use the eevblog discount also.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055

Offline amar87

• Contributor
Got it from welecron in the meantime did not know about the eevblog discount. How to i get the discount?  i will have some more stuff to get!
But i got 2% because of wiring upfront! They already gave me the tracking number! can't wait for it to arive!

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Hi,
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/brymen-multimeter-welectron/msg2557914/#msg2557914

If both are still valid, 5% plus the 2% for prepaid are possible.

Tested, not valid at least for the HD scope, maybe for other stuff.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:42:36 pm by Martin72 »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Valid for other (cheaper) stuff(E.g. SDS2104X+)... ;)
Either eevblog2017 or marcoreps5 (5%)...

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline amar87

• Contributor
I am the proud owner of a SDS2104X HD, so i guess i could be accepted in the 'owners club'. I must say this a big game changer compared to the Rigol DS1054Z which i have used for the past 7-8 years maybe, and will keep me busy for the next months, got a lot of RTFMing to do.
It only took a day to arrive.

Thanks a lot  Martin72 for the welectron tip, i will be using it in the future for sure.
Now i would have to kindly ask for a PM with the info about the unlocking.

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Welcome to the owners club.... 8)
Did you get the PA license with it ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 04:00:55 pm by Martin72 »

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
tip: put the mouse usb stick behind the scope, so that you have 2 free usb at the front !
welcome to the club.

The following users thanked this post: Ulrich.G

Offline amar87

• Contributor
Yes, the PA came with it. Now i need to get current probes.........

Good tip, with the USB in the back!

There are some things that they could have done differently or i haven't figured it out yet:

- For the scroll bar from the picture, that apears when the menu has more items than the screen can show, what would i do without the mouse? I mean also with the mouse you have to go with it off screen so you can greb the bar and reach the end of the menu.
-  in FFT mode would have been great if it would calculate THD. even the cheapest picoscope does it.

- I haven't done anything with the PA mode yet, however i saw it can calculate efficiency. Would be great if it could also controll an electronic load and plot out stuff versus ouput current, like efficiency vs ouput current, ripple vs output current

- Is there a way of retrieving files out of it? i mean it has the webserver, but if i want to save a picture with a white background, i would have to save it on the internal memory and copy it via USB sitck? if this is the case this is kinda so 2001.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 07:52:55 pm by amar87 »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
- For the scroll bar from the picture, that apears when the menu has more items than the screen can show, what would i do without the mouse? I mean also with the mouse you have to go with it off screen so you can greb the bar and reach the end of the menu.
For the few long menus there are, use the mouse or your finger to drag the menu upwards to access the lower items.

- Is there a way of retrieving files out of it? i mean it has the webserver, but if i want to save a picture with a white background, i would have to save it on the internal memory and copy it via USB sitck?
Typically quick save/prints are done to USB stick with the blue Save button at top left of the instrument panel.
Without a USB stick those Saves are to internal memory that you can access with the File Manager from the other Save menus in the Utility menu.
With the File Manager you have a number of operations you can make on files in the internal and external memory.

IIRC you can even View/Open previously saved screenshot and view then on the scope. From memory I just double clicked the png file for it to display that screenshot.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Hi,

-  in FFT mode would have been great if it would calculate THD. even the cheapest picoscope does it.

Already added in the Bug/Wishlist December 2022.
Where I do not know if siglent knows the thread / this list or even interested (zero feedback).
It would be better, at least since the 12bit competition by rigol, to be able to stand out feature-wise.

Offline Ulrich.G

• Contributor
Yes, the PA came with it. Now i need to get current probes.........

Congratulation for your new HD Scope. When I read about the current PA license promotion, my first thought was also that it is basically worthless without the differential/current probes, which can be quite expensive.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Yes, but that's not Siglent's problem.
I think the PA license was chosen because of the special suitability of the HD for such purposes (high resolution, high accuracy).
Other than that:
PA is a fine thing on paper, I have thought problems to build "antennas" in the circuit, so that I can measure current with a current clamp at all.

Offline amar87

• Contributor
That is true, you might end up paying more for the probes than the scope. Measuring this things is tricky, i remember years ago the past working on a flyback converter and tried to make it more efficient to save some mW and used 4 multimeters, and ended up because of bad measurement having efficiency > 100% (free energy!!!!)! :-DD

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
That is true, you might end up paying more for the probes than the scope.
Always, if you are to be properly equipped.  ;)

Just like buying a tractor....you are quite limited with what you can do with just it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Ulrich.G

• Contributor
PA is a fine thing on paper, I have thought problems to build "antennas" in the circuit, so that I can measure current with a current clamp at all.

Good point, I have absolutely no experience in this kind of measurements and have no idea whether this measurement scenario shown in the Siglent brochure is realistic. They are taking the current measurements on the external wiring of the power supply. Well, anyway I think at least its a good idea to own a differential probe for measurements on equipment powered by switched power supplies.

Offline Ulrich.G

• Contributor
Talking about additional equipment - I really would like to get one of these hard shell cases which Siglent NA is selling. I wonder why its not available in Europe.

https://siglentna.com/product/hard-shell-carry-case/

Earlier this year, I asked Siglent Europe whether they can order it for me, but at that time they were somehow busy on an exibition and I never heard anything from them since then. Well, maybe I should ask again :)

Offline MitjaN

• Contributor
- Is there a way of retrieving files out of it? i mean it has the webserver, but if i want to save a picture with a white background, i would have to save it on the internal memory and copy it via USB sitck? if this is the case this is kinda so 2001.

If you have scope connected over LAN you can mount any folder accessible through LAN and save directly there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf