Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs  (Read 135451 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Tjuurko

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 165
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2024, 03:07:19 am »
Awg System Info
Model: SAG1021
Firmware Version: 1.11
Hardware Version: 0-4-6
Output Load: High-Z
OVP: on
SyncOut: off
Zero Adjust: manual -2.1mV

The WaveGen output is connected by the cable to the entrance "C1".
In "DC", everything works fine: the voltage is adjustable from -3.00V to +3.00V.

A strange feature was discovered: with an increase in the signal amplitude of more than 633mVpp, an additional offset of the output voltage appears by ~57mV.
When the output signal changes 632mVpp <-> 633mVpp, the operation of the inner relay is heard.

This is happening only with me or is this error in the firmware?
As a spare option, I have SDG2042X.


[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 03:43:11 am by Tjuurko »
 

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8324
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2024, 03:10:53 am »
Feature request: option to remember probe settings independently between V and A modes per channel.

Example: 1x set for a probe on V mode using a coax cable. Switch to A and use any custom user setting (0.1A/V or whatever). Switch back to V and be back to 1x.

Thanks,
Josh
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 
The following users thanked this post: teddychn

Offline Tjuurko

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 165
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2024, 06:02:44 am »
Software Version: 1.2.2.9

First attempt to save an inverted image without a menu.
The following attempts were successful.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2024, 06:05:48 am by Tjuurko »
 

Offline H.O

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 952
  • Country: se
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2025, 03:43:55 pm »
Hi,
Have been using the UART decoder a bit over the last couple of days, an annoyance is that the scope seems to forget where the decoders threshould is set to when power cycling the scope. After each power cycle the threshold returns to 12.13V (which is way off screen in this case) while all other settings seems to be retained.

Running 1.2.2.5, don't see it mentioned in the release notes for 1.2.2.9.

Anyone else? Still there on 1.2.2.9 or fixed?
 

Offline Martin72Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8905
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2025, 04:03:25 pm »
Hi,
This has something to do with the auto sense of the probes, whether this has been fixed in the meantime is beyond my knowledge

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8324
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2025, 11:30:44 pm »
I found another minor visual bug in FFT.

To repeat the bug:
Place FFT info box wherever you want.
Open a side menu (or move the cursor info box which opens the cursor menu).
FFT info box always returns to the default position, instead of staying where it was manually placed.


Thanks,
Josh

PS. The other visual bug I posted in the other thread by mistake: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-hd-12bit-(published-for-chinese-domestic-market-only)/msg5913872/#msg5913872
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 
The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8324
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2025, 10:29:28 pm »
I found another minor related bug with the menus popping up and screwing things up.

Rob insisted I learn to use the Zone trigger, so I (think I) did. 🤷

Anyway, set your zone, poof it's there. For simplicity, set about the size of a div.



But if I want to swap to the other pulse, I move the box, and the menu pops up, and shifts it farther over from where I placed it.



The only solution is to move it, wait for the menu to move it further, then move it to where I want it before the menu times out and disappears. Then the zone box stays where it's supposed to when the menu goes away.



Thanks,
Josh
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 
The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31975
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2025, 10:37:11 pm »

For simplicity, set about the size of a div.

And often when you need a Zone trigger, a div wide is much too large.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8324
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2025, 10:51:16 pm »

For simplicity, set about the size of a div.

And often when you need a Zone trigger, a div wide is much too large.  ;)

Indeed! But it's useful when reporting a visual bug that a visual reference might be helpful for. 😉
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 
The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline 2N3055

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8755
  • Country: hr
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2025, 01:10:54 pm »
I found another minor related bug with the menus popping up and screwing things up.

Rob insisted I learn to use the Zone trigger, so I (think I) did. 🤷

Anyway, set your zone, poof it's there. For simplicity, set about the size of a div.


But if I want to swap to the other pulse, I move the box, and the menu pops up, and shifts it farther over from where I placed it.


The only solution is to move it, wait for the menu to move it further, then move it to where I want it before the menu times out and disappears. Then the zone box stays where it's supposed to when the menu goes away.


Thanks,
Josh

Reported.
"Just hard work is not enough - it must be applied sensibly."
Dr. Richard W. Hamming
 
The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8324
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2025, 03:22:03 am »
I found a minor bug in the web console, when using it full screen.

To repeat the bug:
Setup FFT with a markers list.
Place the list on the far right side of the screen.
Enlarge the web console to full screen.
Try to move the marker list, and it will force it to the left. It will not allow the marker list back to the right side of the screen.

The attached screenshot is as far to the right as it will allow me to place the markers list.
Tested with the latest firmware using Windows 11 Pro on both Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks,
Josh
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8324
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2025, 10:25:16 pm »
Feature request:

Ability to set FFT markers based on Y axis value.

Currently, I can choose the frequency to try and find the dBm value I'm looking for, but it would be nicer if I could simply enter the dBm value I want to see, and have the scope move the marker to the frequency.

In other words, we currently can manually set X axis value to view Y axis value.
I want the option to set Y axis value to view X axis value.

Thanks,
Josh
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 
The following users thanked this post: Bad_Driver, kmoonwalker

Offline Ulrich.G

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #387 on: June 17, 2025, 06:05:34 am »
I wonder why the SDS2000X HD is the only scope in the HD series with just 500MSa/s for the digital channels. Even the smallest HD scope - the SDS800X HD has 1MSa/s. Just because some of the ASICs inside are 1-2 years older? Kind of dissapointing...
 

Offline Martin72Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8905
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #388 on: June 17, 2025, 09:23:35 pm »
Hi,

Quote
Just because some of the ASICs inside are 1-2 years older? Kind of dissapointing...

Why, do you need 1 GS/s for analyzing logic channels?
In return, the analyzer part of the 2000X HD has five times more memory points.
And:
The LA in the 2000X HD is integrated into the hardware, as in the 2000X Plus.
The smaller HD models (800, 1000) are like the good old SDS1000X-E; they require external hardware, which is why they need SLA1016 instead of SPL1016 in the larger HD.
Why the technically more complex SLA1016 costs significantly less than the simple SPL1016 (€390 vs. €505) remains Siglent's secret. :P





Offline Ulrich.G

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2025, 10:29:50 am »
The LA in the 2000X HD is integrated into the hardware, as in the 2000X Plus.
The smaller HD models (800, 1000) are like the good old SDS1000X-E; they require external hardware, which is why they need SLA1016 instead of SPL1016 in the larger HD.
Why the technically more complex SLA1016 costs significantly less than the simple SPL1016 (€390 vs. €505) remains Siglent's secret. :P

You are absolutely right, I totally forgot, that the smaller HD scopes need external hardware.

Concering the sample rate - for digital channels there is not necessarily a direct relation between sampling rate and signal rate you are able to measure. Maybe above a certain signal rate, small glitches or short pulses are not visible anymore?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2025, 10:51:56 am by Ulrich.G »
 

Offline daveyk

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 434
  • Country: us
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2025, 08:01:32 pm »
Do any of the Siglent scopes let you set the mid-reference point for Pulse Width measurement? I shelved my Siglent scope 4 years ago because of that missing feature.
 

Offline 2N3055

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8755
  • Country: hr
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2025, 08:42:53 pm »
Do any of the Siglent scopes let you set the mid-reference point for Pulse Width measurement? I shelved my Siglent scope 4 years ago because of that missing feature.

Short answer? Yes. All touch scopes.
"Just hard work is not enough - it must be applied sensibly."
Dr. Richard W. Hamming
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31975
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2025, 09:48:52 pm »
Do any of the Siglent scopes let you set the mid-reference point for Pulse Width measurement? I shelved my Siglent scope 4 years ago because of that missing feature.
Yes AFAIK as I've thought of you and our old discussions when investigating the new Pulse measurements.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-easyscopex-sds1204x-e/msg1996079/#msg1996079

A forum search for Pulse Width and daveyk shows many old posts and the above is just one I linked.
We owe you some screenshots for your perseverance.....I'll try and get them done today.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31975
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2025, 07:17:54 am »
Do any of the Siglent scopes let you set the mid-reference point for Pulse Width measurement? I shelved my Siglent scope 4 years ago because of that missing feature.
Yes AFAIK as I've thought of you and our old discussions when investigating the new Pulse measurements.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-easyscopex-sds1204x-e/msg1996079/#msg1996079

A forum search for Pulse Width and daveyk shows many old posts and the above is just one I linked.
We owe you some screenshots for your perseverance.....I'll try and get them done today.
Dave, these screenshots are what the baby SDS800X HD can offer for pulse measurements.
In the first 2 screenshots the trigger level setting lets us see the pulse width measurement.
The next 2 show us the range of measurements available from within Advanced measurements and the last 2 display the choices in Simple measurements and how they are displayed.
Hope this helps.....
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline 2N3055

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8755
  • Country: hr
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2025, 08:56:45 am »
Do any of the Siglent scopes let you set the mid-reference point for Pulse Width measurement? I shelved my Siglent scope 4 years ago because of that missing feature.

Here.
Slightly trapezoidal signal, and thresholds.

Because of mid being set at 7%, Width+ is larger than Width-

You can also set absolute values.
"Just hard work is not enough - it must be applied sensibly."
Dr. Richard W. Hamming
 

Offline Performa01

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1817
  • Country: at
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2025, 08:57:08 am »
I think what @daveyk is really interested in is the customizable thresholds. It is possible per analog channel as demonstrated by the attached screenshots. They show the pulse width measurement with measurement cursors enabled (to show what exactly is measured) and a 1 µs wide pulse with a 100 ns leading edge. The measurements results for a middle threshold of 15%, 50% (default) and 85% are shown and clearly indicate the effect of the threshold level, which can be set either absolute or relative (as in this example).

EDIT: This old piece of power silicon was a tad faster once again...  :-DD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2025, 09:05:45 am by Performa01 »
 

Offline 2N3055

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8755
  • Country: hr
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2025, 08:58:52 am »
I think what @daveyk is really interested in is the customizable thresholds. It is possible per analog channel as demonstrated by the attached screenshots. They show the pulse width measurement with measurement cursors enabled (to show what exactly is measured) and a 1 µs wide pulse with a 100 ns leading edge. The measurements results for a middle threshold of 15%, 50% (default) and 85% are shown and clearly indicate the effect of the threshold level, which can be set either absolute or relative (as in this example).

EDIT: This old peace of power silicon was a tad faster once again...  :-DD

 :-DD :-DD

But you make nicer pictures and you were more thorough. So there is that too...
"Just hard work is not enough - it must be applied sensibly."
Dr. Richard W. Hamming
 
The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline Sphyrna

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2026, 06:14:22 am »
I'd like to ask a few questions without hijacking the thread.

Is it possible to perform FFTs below 1 Hz using the Math Channel (e.g., 20 mHz - 2 kHz)?

Is it now possible to scale the x-axis of the FFT logarithmically?

Is the quality of the I²C and SPI debugger good?

I am interested in buying one (SDS2204X HD) ...
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->