Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests  (Read 151160 times)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 04:12:16 pm »
Hi !

This was my first Impression too……. ;)

But nevertheless, the speed in general should be optimized, especially the general system slowdown.

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2020, 07:42:54 am »
Hi

I missed the functionality to copy FFT settings from F1 to F2. I like to see it in the same way as with channel settings from one to another.
Or have I overseen it?

The following users thanked this post: Rollin Hand

Offline ElasiaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2020, 02:23:53 pm »
Zoom out mode options

While the attached screenshot does work, it would be nice if the preview bar could be hidden and also option of a small slider with no preview

Also further allow this mode to be set as a preference when working with memory depth and reflect that status on the time base display with the zoomed in time base. While it does work, it is a bit convoluted and not native as in just use the horizontal control to see more on stopped/triggered data which is much more natural

The following users thanked this post: doppelgrau

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2020, 07:51:33 pm »
I have a question.
I have an SDS2204X plus and just to be sure I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware version zo I downloaded the 1.3.5R5 file and did the upgrade process.
After the upgrade the FPGA version did go from a date in 2019-xx-xx to 2020-01-08, but the reported Software Version stayed at 1.3.5R3.
See also screenshots. Can somebody verify what their numbers are after the upgrade? So perhaps the number is just wrong and the update is performed, but I'm also unable to find the option to Hide the analog trace, I can only put it off, but then the depending function traces will fail. I assume that the idea of the new Hide option is to only hide it on screen, so the dependent function trace still works.
Can anybody elaborate on that, so I can verify if the version is just reporting a wrong number or still the old version is on the scope although I tried to update to 1.3.5R5 a few times.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 07:56:16 pm »
Hi,

I got the R5 displayed - You could easily detecting having the new firmware by checking the channel info boxes.
In your second pic, "AC 1M" is displayed, with the new firmware it would be reduced to "A 1M" (which is a bug in my opinion).

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 08:13:11 pm »
I have a question.
I have an SDS2204X plus and just to be sure I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware version zo I downloaded the 1.3.5R5 file and did the upgrade process.
After the upgrade the FPGA version did go from a date in 2019-xx-xx to 2020-01-08, but the reported Software Version stayed at 1.3.5R3.
Welcome to the forum.

Version should be 5R5.  :-//
Here is the EU official download site:
https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds2000x-plus

The scope should reboot after FW installation, did it ?

Oh, and when the new version is installed and after ~20 minutes runtime, run the Self Cal.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 08:13:30 pm »
Missing feature:

Manually control of the memorysize.
Regardless of the (dis-)advantages, if possible, they should implement it.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 08:14:20 pm »
Oh, and when the new version is installed and after ~20 minutes runtime, run the Self Cal.

Damn, now I know what I´ve forgotten... 8)

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2020, 08:58:21 pm »
The mess is getting bigger!
I upgraded the scope with the 'SDS2000X Plus_1.3.5R5.ADS' file via the web interface. I saw in the system info that the FPGA version went from 2019-xx-xx to something in 2020 and didn't pay further noticed, the scope worked after the update it was late the first day with the scope and I went to bed. The next day I noticed that the instrument part of the web interface did not work. The other parts did work I could send the SCPI command SCOPEID and it returned a number.
One of the last things I did was the upgrade, so I looked a bit better at the system info and noticed that the software version was 1.3.5R3 while I had uploaded the 1.3.5R5 file. I though perhaps only the FPGA part is upgraded via the web interface upgrade, so I did again an upgrade, but now via the USB stick. After this "upgrade" the instrument control of the web interface did work again. But the version number in the system info still was 1.3.5R3, thus I put here the question, because I also could not find the new "Hide" option that was part of the latest release.
Somebody here made the remark about the "AC 1M" in my screenshot, which should be "A 1M", Thus after the upgrade my version was still 1.3.5R3 and thus there was not a wrong number reported, the upgrade was only partial, the FPGA part was upgraded.
So I thought I just try it again with an USB stick. The R5 file loaded again all went normal and then there was the reboot button and I rebooted the scope. But the scope comes now up with the Siglent logo and then hangs, it does not respond to any key, also not the on/off switch. I removed the power supply and tried it a few times, all in vain.
The strange part is, that some parts of the web interface do work. It does respond to a ping, so some processes are started, but it hangs somewhere. My hardware version is reported as 02.00, is that a common version or do I have a different hardware version that is now giving problems?

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2020, 09:10:49 pm »
Somebody here made the remark about the "AC 1M" in my screenshot

The "somebody" was me, no long time ago... ;)

What I can say in general is, that I was probably one of the first customers bought the scope in january this year.
Hardware revision was 2.0, software R3.
As the next upgrade came up, R5, I did the upgrade via usb stick and got no issues.
Everything works fine here.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2020, 09:20:14 pm »
The mess is getting bigger!
I upgraded the scope with the 'SDS2000X Plus_1.3.5R5.ADS' file via the web interface. I saw in the system info that the FPGA version went from 2019-xx-xx to something in 2020 and didn't pay further noticed, the scope worked after the update it was late the first day with the scope and I went to bed. The next day I noticed that the instrument part of the web interface did not work. The other parts did work I could send the SCPI command SCOPEID and it returned a number.
One of the last things I did was the upgrade, so I looked a bit better at the system info and noticed that the software version was 1.3.5R3 while I had uploaded the 1.3.5R5 file. I though perhaps only the FPGA part is upgraded via the web interface upgrade, so I did again an upgrade, but now via the USB stick. After this "upgrade" the instrument control of the web interface did work again. But the version number in the system info still was 1.3.5R3, thus I put here the question, because I also could not find the new "Hide" option that was part of the latest release.
Somebody here made the remark about the "AC 1M" in my screenshot, which should be "A 1M", Thus after the upgrade my version was still 1.3.5R3 and thus there was not a wrong number reported, the upgrade was only partial, the FPGA part was upgraded.
So I thought I just try it again with an USB stick. The R5 file loaded again all went normal and then there was the reboot button and I rebooted the scope. But the scope comes now up with the Siglent logo and then hangs, it does not respond to any key, also not the on/off switch. I removed the power supply and tried it a few times, all in vain.
The strange part is, that some parts of the web interface do work. It does respond to a ping, so some processes are started, but it hangs somewhere. My hardware version is reported as 02.00, is that a common version or do I have a different hardware version that is now giving problems?
Thank you for the informative write up.  :-+
I have seen this just once before and a recovery package is now available from Siglent but........they are monitoring boot failures for these models very closely as it's apparently very unusual.
I have the recovery package but it is too large to email but I can get a download link for it from Siglent.
They require your SN# so that problems like this can be traced back to possible early firmware problems.

Please PM me your SN# and I'll take your problem to Siglent and should get an answer in a few hours when they arrive at work.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2020, 09:38:43 pm »
I've send an PM with the serial number and the serial number can also be seen at a screenshot of my first post. It would be nice if the scope can be "unbricked" and that it does actually upgrade to version 1.3.5R5 with which the whole thing started.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:41:55 pm by jvenema »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2020, 09:39:11 pm »
This some sort of bad flash writing? Sounds almost like the file system got completely filled up or the writes are bombing out elsewhere

I'd be curious what the internal uart console is reporting.. if you do ever open it up and connect to the uart port, boot while connected to that and paste the result here

Edit: further that it is allowing LAN access tells me you do have the linux kernel booting and this is more than likely something went wrong with the file system somewhere for reasons unknown
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:42:32 pm by Elasia »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2020, 09:43:26 pm »
Have you tried to flash again the R3 version?

Try to do it. If it works check all things and then try again with R5.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2020, 09:46:39 pm »
Before you try to reflash R3

Do this and see if you can get into telnet, if you can and you get to the shell prompt

Run

df -k

Paste the results here

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-plus-coming/msg3006340/?topicseen#msg3006340

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2020, 09:47:35 pm »
Was also my thinking that there is perhaps a bad flash or something.
First the "upgrade" via instrument control of the web interface and after that the instrument control part of the web interface was no longer working. Then an upgrade via USB and the interface control part was there again, but I noticed an old version number reported. Since I had a strong suspicion that I did not have the 1.3.5R5 options, again an upgrade attempt via USB and then it was bricked. So a whole sequence of strange things related to the upgrade stuff.

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 09:50:38 pm »
I can ping and some parts of the web interface are working, but telnet does not work. I already tried that to see if that process was started or not. Thus I can not do the df -k command
I had telnet working before things went bad.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:54:25 pm by jvenema »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 09:55:26 pm »
I've send an PM with the serial number and the serial number can also be seen at a screenshot of my first post. It would be nice if the scope can be "unbricked" and that it does actually upgrade to version 1.3.5R5 with which the whole thing started.
Received, thanks.
The recovery package installs the latest FW version and fixes the operating system automatically.
As mentioned, I have seen this once before in a SDS2104X Plus belonging to a member in OZ. His scope was fixed immediately with the recovery package.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 09:58:42 pm »
Have you tried to flash again the R3 version?

Try to do it. If it works check all things and then try again with R5.
If it was possible to do any reflash, I could give it a try, but at the moment no reflash of any version is possible

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 10:00:08 pm »
I can ping and some parts of the web interface are working, but telnet does not work. I already tried that to see if that process was started or not. Tus I can not do the df -k command

Well that sucks...  what was in the file? just "telnetd" right? just make sure you have no enter new line following it.. the contents should be exactly "telnetd"

If it is correct... then what a pain in the ass...  means you have to hardware into the serial console by taking the backshell off to see what its really hanging on, which if you need to send it in you might not want to bother with either

Only thing you can do is wait for tau to get you that link if you cant get a shell

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 10:04:12 pm »
Yep the line was correct, since I already had telnet working, before it ...
In my time zone it is midnight, so time to do other things ...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:06:13 pm by jvenema »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 10:12:03 pm »
Only thing you can do is wait for tau to get you that link ............
We'll have jvenema all fixed before you know it.  ;)

BTW, the Aussie one that did this had a low SN from last years production too.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2020, 10:17:13 pm »

Did they leave extra junk in the partition causing it to not copy over everything?  It's exactly what happened to my SSA i had to clean up when i did that myself

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2020, 10:22:01 pm »

Did they leave extra junk in the partition causing it to not copy over everything?  It's exactly what happened to my SSA i had to clean up when i did that myself
Dunno, way past my programming knowledge.  :palm:
I guess they have SSA/SVA recovery packages too but I haven't got them in my folder yet.  :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline jvenema

• Contributor
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2020, 08:19:52 am »
 :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+
The scope is working again! Just a breeze, two files on FAT32 USB reboot wait a minute and it is up and running. Further I have the impression a new firmware release is coming up. Look at screenshot, also the web interface is a bit different. Once in instrument control mode the left navigation stuff disappears and the only way back is via the history buttons of the browser. No big deal, don't know if it is intended or a bug.
But anyway I'm happy at the moment and hope there is no issue with a next upgrade.

Thanx for the help here!!!!
 :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf