Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 735354 times)

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #1350 on: June 09, 2020, 07:43:10 pm »
Like I said... it looks you need the SDS2104X Plus then to really get started here with a 4 channel scope that can be "upgraded" fully to top model in the family?  There aren't any limitations on it are there?  Or is it true you need the 350MHz model to be capable of upgrade to 500MHz?

Bill
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 07:46:57 pm by notfaded1 »
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1351 on: June 09, 2020, 07:47:06 pm »
Does the Siglent SDS5000X provide more features besides a higher sample rate, sample memory and individual knobs for each input channel?

Offline Joao Carvalho

• Contributor
« Reply #1352 on: June 09, 2020, 07:55:03 pm »
With the SDS2104X Plus + Hack you get full options.
Bandwidth confirmed by several forum members with high accuracy signal generators.

Best regards,
João Carvalho 

The following users thanked this post: notfaded1

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1353 on: June 09, 2020, 08:05:04 pm »
Does the Siglent SDS5000X provide more features besides a higher sample rate, sample memory and individual knobs for each input channel?

You have to compare the specsheets, here the key features below.

Offline tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1354 on: June 09, 2020, 08:06:37 pm »
Other HW differences:

Smart system cooling fan.
Active probe support.
10 MHz ref in/out capability
VGA out
1 additional USB A port

AFAIK the UI and SW features will be aligned over time. Right now there are a few small differences in the SW.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1355 on: June 09, 2020, 08:08:55 pm »
With the SDS2104X Plus + Hack you get full options.
Bandwidth confirmed by several forum members with high accuracy signal generators.

Best regards,
João Carvalho
Thanks João that's exactly what I really wanted to confim.  I've got an older Siglent 200MHz scope and really considered that Rigol MSO5k before but held off... I'm kinda used to Siglent design now and these scopes with bigger touch screen and lots of features are looking like a nice upgrade posibility.

Bill
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1356 on: June 09, 2020, 08:09:55 pm »
Has anyone checked to see if they can achieve the claimed 120K wfs/s acquisition rates on this scope ?? The measurements Dave made on the sds5000 scope was somewhat disappointing so I'm just wondering.

Also how fast is the serial decoding ?? Looks a bit sluggish from what I have seen.

Hi,

Waveformupdaterate I´d checked very early, want to recheck this again - But what I´ve measured was ways beyond the claimed rate.
Hope, they gonna fixed that or correcting the spec sheet... ;)
Serial decoding was as fast as on my former rigol 5000 or our ws3024 from lecroy at work, although I couldn´t imagine actually what "fast" really means.
It won´t take seconds until it´s displayed.

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1357 on: June 09, 2020, 08:11:20 pm »
Other HW differences:

Active probe support.
VGA out
1 additional USB A port

AFAIK the UI and SW features will be aligned over time. Right now there are a few small differences in the SW.

Wow that's nice but it's a whole different price range scope.  A lot more to it granted.
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1358 on: June 09, 2020, 08:20:41 pm »
One of the things this one and even the 5k line is missing.. an hdmi port, at this stage they dont really have an excuse... and a vga connector?  :wtf:

I know what they did and it was probly they just got the vga for free using a chip for something else so piped it out... but talk about hokie in 2020..

And yeah, the 100Mhz base model is the same mainboard as the 350Mhz.. its just a marketing stunt saying you cant and only applies to businesses using them.  Anyone willing to hack their unit can unlock what is actually a 550Mhz scope at the 3db mark as verified by a number of us now, its still usable a bit past that as well but once you get north of 800-850Mhz i think it was.. forget it and 1Ghz is just a flat line

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1359 on: June 09, 2020, 08:22:32 pm »
Good for Siglent of course the SDS2104X Plus is backordered on saelig.  That says a lot right there though.  HDMI port is nice but you can remote the screen with remote control to a tablet or any touchscreen device.  Theoretically you could put it on a wall sized touch screen but at that resolution I'm not sure you'd want to.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:26:11 pm by notfaded1 »
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #1360 on: June 09, 2020, 08:25:14 pm »
Good for Siglent of course the SDS2104X Plus is backordered on saelig.  That says a lot right there though.  HDMI port is nice but you can remote the screen with remote control to a tablet or any touchscreen device.
Siglent NA says it is in stock, so Saelig should have it soon.

Offline Joao Carvalho

• Contributor
« Reply #1361 on: June 09, 2020, 08:26:31 pm »
The real scope bandwidth is around the 570 to 580 MHz for 2 channels of the four (anyone of the first pair (1 or 2) and anyone of the second pair (3 or 4)), in this way you will have a 2 G Sample / sec ADC for each channel, and almost a 4 to 1 ratio.

And at 900 MHz you will have a -10dB attenuation on the signal.

I didn’t try high frequencies, because I don’t have any signal source so high, but one forum member said that for a 1 GHz signal at +13dB (1.4 V) sometimes didn’t a appeared reliably, so it sometimes appear, and he said that it must have a -20dB or more attenuation at 1GHz.

What I would like is that someone with a high frequency (1 GHz) and high accuracy single channel signal generator could characterize this scope front end in terms of amplitude and phase the frequency response of the scope. I propose a method a possible method in my previous posts and a reason to do it.

Best regards,
João Carvalho

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1362 on: June 09, 2020, 08:29:15 pm »
HDMI port is nice but you can remote the screen with remote control to a tablet or any touchscreen device.

Yepp, therefore I didn´t miss a monitor output and the screen is big enough.
Funny thing is the vga output on the 5K model.
None got a monitor with vga input in these days...

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #1363 on: June 09, 2020, 08:31:49 pm »
The real scope bandwidth is around the 570 to 580 MHz for 2 channels of the four (anyone of the first pair (1 or 2) and anyone of the second pair (3 or 4)), in this way you will have a 2 G Sample / sec ADC for each channel, and almost a 4 to 1 ratio.

And at 900 MHz you will have a -10dB attenuation on the signal.

I didn’t try high frequencies, because I don’t have any signal source so high, but one forum member said that for a 1 GHz signal at +13dB (1.4 V) sometimes didn’t a appeared reliably, so it sometimes appear, and he said that it must have a -20dB or more attenuation at 1GHz.

What I would like is that someone with a high frequency (1 GHz) and high accuracy single channel signal generator could characterize this scope front end in terms of amplitude and phase the frequency response of the scope. I propose a method a possible method in my previous posts and a reason to do it.

Best regards,
João Carvalho
You can work with a lot of attenuation, but still a nice sinewave up to 900MHz.  When you jump to 1GHz the signal gets distorted and biased to the positive side

The following users thanked this post: Joao Carvalho

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1364 on: June 09, 2020, 08:43:04 pm »
Would like to measure the bandwith of my siglent too, like user KeBeNe did - with a sweep and averaging FFT.
But only for this measure buying an rf-generator with at least 1ghz.... :(
There are a lot of cheap chinese rf-generators (one pcb solution) on the market, but I think it wouldn´t fit for this, right ?

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1365 on: June 09, 2020, 08:46:57 pm »
Good for Siglent of course the SDS2104X Plus is backordered on saelig.  That says a lot right there though.  HDMI port is nice but you can remote the screen with remote control to a tablet or any touchscreen device.  Theoretically you could put it on a wall sized touch screen but at that resolution I'm not sure you'd want to.

Shhhh... i also got a 50" 4k on this computer.. ;p

Yeah its been backordered in the states for awhile, the best i could tell you to actually do is to order from batronix in germany and import one, its how i got mine, they also do a forum discount if you ask and there is no tariff with how they coded it and paid dhl express worldwide.. i still came out better than msrp with free shipping but effectively no discount

https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Siglent-SDS2000X-plus.html

Or you can order from siglent direct, they have restocked but no discount and make you pay for shipping..

https://siglentna.com/product/sds2104x-plus/

You might want to just call up saelig and see what the backorder wait time is at, if siglent's na office here in ohio has more stock they should soon as well i'd think

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1366 on: June 09, 2020, 08:47:40 pm »
Would like to measure the bandwith of my siglent too, like user KeBeNe did - with a sweep and averaging FFT.
There are a lot of cheap chinese rf-generators (one pcb solution) on the market, but I think it wouldn´t fit for this, right ?

Buy a SSA3k+

Comes with free rf generator to 3.2GHz ;)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1367 on: June 09, 2020, 08:50:46 pm »
Hehehehe…. ;)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1368 on: June 09, 2020, 08:54:46 pm »
Yeah its been backordered in the states for awhile, the best i could tell you to actually do is to order from batronix in germany and import one, its how i got mine

Me too, they got it in stock so they were my solution instead of welectron, which I normally prefer for siglent goods.
"Shame" on both, batronix and welectron:
They didn´t offer the deskew fixture, so I must order it from siglent.eu .
And still waiting for a shipping confirmation…
If welectron/batronix would offer this, I would get it inbetween 48hrs..

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1369 on: June 09, 2020, 09:04:36 pm »

Buy a SSA3k+

Not adequate for accurate checks of DSO front end frequency response due to it's (un)flatness spec:

Output flatness +/-3 dB
Not unusual for a TG as Normalise corrects for it.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1370 on: June 09, 2020, 09:10:50 pm »
Other HW differences:

Active probe support.
VGA out
1 additional USB A port

Wow that's nice but it's a whole different price range scope.  A lot more to it granted.
Yes, in another league but 2kX Plus is still a very nice DSO.
Apart from the slightly different front panel layout of 2kX Plus (better IMHO) you can jump from one to the other almost seamlessly.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1371 on: June 09, 2020, 09:21:27 pm »
The 5K got averaging and eres mode hardware based, where they are software based in the 2K+(first time for a siglent scope afaik) - Can´t remember it clear, but some say, that software solution got it´s benefits against.
Really ?

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1372 on: June 09, 2020, 09:23:53 pm »

Buy a SSA3k+

Not adequate for accurate checks of DSO front end frequency response due to it's (un)flatness spec:

Output flatness +/-3 dB
Not unusual for a TG as Normalise corrects for it.  ;)

Thats why i didnt do it as a sweep :P Works fine as a poor mans rf gen

I suppose you could dump the normalization data to exportable file though... hmmm

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1373 on: June 09, 2020, 09:25:24 pm »
Yeah its been backordered in the states for awhile, the best i could tell you to actually do is to order from batronix in germany and import one, its how i got mine

Me too, they got it in stock so they were my solution instead of welectron, which I normally prefer for siglent goods.
"Shame" on both, batronix and welectron:
They didn´t offer the deskew fixture, so I must order it from siglent.eu .
And still waiting for a shipping confirmation…
If welectron/batronix would offer this, I would get it inbetween 48hrs..

Jez really? I'm itching to buy that thing and was tempted to pm you and ask if you reviewed it yet.. x_x

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1374 on: June 09, 2020, 09:30:36 pm »
It´s getting "better" :

A few days ago, I´ve used the "online chat" to ask them, when will my already payed item arrives…
Positive thing, I got immediately an answer.
Next week, in this case this week…
Do I now get an update of my order status ? No…
Tomorrow we´ll have wednesday, I don´t think I´ll got it in this week.  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf