Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 732194 times)

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #3575 on: July 27, 2022, 09:35:16 pm »
Ah, excellent!
This isn´t mentioned on the batronix page I´ve looked first.
Thanks Rob!

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline hhappy1

• Contributor
« Reply #3576 on: July 28, 2022, 07:51:22 am »
I saw a pallet somewhere in this forum that could change the waveform color of sds2000x plus.

It was like a window's color table.

I can't find it right now. Am I dreaming?

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3577 on: July 28, 2022, 08:27:37 am »
I saw a pallet somewhere in this forum that could change the waveform color of sds2000x plus.

No, you did see quite correctly.
All traces can be assigned custom colors in all SDS2kX Plus, SDS2kHD, SDS5kX and SDS6000A models.
This feature also includes custom Math traces.

You can see the Display menus for this feature here from a recent post that are from SDS6204A however all Siglent 10+" display DSO's offer the custom trace feature.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg4267966/#msg4267966
I've played with it some in the past and it's simple to use, works well and you can return to default trace colors with just a click of a button.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline hhappy1

• Contributor
« Reply #3578 on: July 28, 2022, 10:08:31 am »

No, you did see quite correctly.
All traces can be assigned custom colors in all SDS2kX Plus, SDS2kHD, SDS5kX and SDS6000A models.
This feature also includes custom Math traces.

You can see the Display menus for this feature here from a recent post that are from SDS6204A however all Siglent 10+" display DSO's offer the custom trace feature.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg4267966/#msg4267966
I've played with it some in the past and it's simple to use, works well and you can return to default trace colors with just a click of a button.

It's smart dresser!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3579 on: August 03, 2022, 01:12:35 pm »
Reported early in this thread but with barely a mention since is the Reference Position feature in Utility>System Settings.

Collecting our demo from a customer today they asked if the peak of a waveform could be magnified and displayed on the display just as some Tek they had did.
Not being near his lab I said I would send screenshots and a description of how Reference Pos works, now also shared here for those that haven't used or explored it yet.

I've used a very simple example anyone can try with just the probe compensation signal, 3V @ 1KHz.
Yes, I'm in 10 Bit mode so to reduce waveform noise some at the 10mV/div (really 1mV) setting.

The Vertical Ref default setting is Position that we all know we can increase input sensitivity until the waveform exceeds the display vertical real estate but we are constrained be the Offset limits on P10 of the Datasheet.

However when we select Vertical Position = Offset we can zoom in vertically to examine the peak of the waveform as I show in the 2nd screenshot and with the graticule values displayed (Display settings) it's easy to see the real level of vertical zoom.

Horizontal Reference
While here we should mention this too as it is very convenient when we need to have the H Pos away from the normal 0s position in the middle of the display. In the screenshots below I don't have it set to Position but instead in the normal Delay setting where as many will know that if the timebase is changed the 0s position moves with the timebase setting.
If we change the H Pos Reference Pos to Position, changes to the timebase have zero impact on the H Pos setting and it will remain wherever you set it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: james38, Johnny B Good, Bad_Driver, dibro, Deichgraf

Offline Serpent10i

« Reply #3580 on: August 20, 2022, 01:42:31 am »
Is there a way to annotate screenshots?

Either by drawing on the touchscreen or adding text boxes in some other way (both would be great). I'm doing a bunch of tests and I'd like to create a labeled screenshot of each response.

I skimmed the thread and searched the manual for "draw" "annotate" "write" or "label". I found channel "labels" in the manual, but those are not really what I need.
I also see that someone in 2021 asked about the feature but they were just told about channel labels. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-plus-coming/msg3544764/#msg3544764
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:47:14 am by Serpent10i »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3581 on: August 20, 2022, 02:06:55 am »
FWIW the simplest work around would be to gather the screenshots you need using Save Screenshot in the webserver that will drop every screenshot to your PC's browser Download folder to then simply use MS Paint or similar to add whatever text into the screenshot you need.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Serpent10i

« Reply #3582 on: August 20, 2022, 03:42:45 am »
Thanks for the tip, I've got a wifi usb stick hooked up so editing on pc is fairly easy. That can work.

It would still be really nice to be able to label stuff and draw on the screen.
I have to take notes on the order and number of images per test when I'm doing several similar tests in a row.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3583 on: August 20, 2022, 03:47:22 am »
Thanks for the tip, I've got a wifi usb stick hooked up so editing on pc is fairly easy. That can work.

It would still be really nice to be able to label stuff and draw on the screen.
I have to take notes on the order and number of images per test when I'm doing several similar tests in a row.
If we use the Save/Recall instead of Print we can easily name the screenshot filenames as a reminder of what they are of and this is easy with the virtual keyboard which we can of course use touch or a mouse.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Serpent10i

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3584 on: August 21, 2022, 07:37:26 am »
In the SDS1004X-E Bode Plot II thread, reply #78, the topic of inaccurate phase measurements between the two separate ADCs has been brought up – something first discovered back in early summer 2019 and quite obviously never solved for the 1004X-E series. The main issue is a phase error up to 40 deg. at 120 MHz and the Deskew parameter in the channel menu appears to be ignored in Bode plot mode.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1x04x-e-bodeplot-ii-(sfra)-features-and-testing-(coming)/msg4368235/#msg4368235

However, I want to demonstrate that Siglent have addressed these problems at least for the more advanced HW-platforms like the SDS2000X Plus.

The first screenshot shows the input signals. Channel skew is below 20 ps, as can be seen in the zoom view at 500 ps/div.

SDS2354X Plus_PM_Skew_0

The second screenshot shows the Bode Plot for all three channels. Worst phase error is about 1 deg. at 120 MHz for channel 3 – and this could be in the test setup.

SDS2354X Plus_Bode_Skew_0

The  Deskew parameter also takes effect here, so we would be able to compensate for runtime differences between individual channels.

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good, Martin72, Serpent10i

Offline idolclub

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3585 on: August 31, 2022, 02:26:18 pm »
Siglent SDS2000X Plus V1.5.2R1 Firmware Update

https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS2000X%20Plus_V1.5.2R1_EN.zip

Version: V1.5.2R1 Release Notes

2022-08-31

1. Measurement enhancement - Added setup/hold time: tsu@R, tsu@F, th@R, th@F

2. Optimized UI

3. Added SCPI commands for Measure Cursors and clearing measure items in Simple mode

4. Supported LXI (only with the new produced units)

5. Supported time zone setting

6. Fixed several bugs

a) Webserver doesn’t show instrument UI if the scope reboot with a wireless mouse connected

b) Incorrect “Recall” icon in the File Manager

c) Scope freezes with AWG enabled and measure cursor on rise time

d) IP setting of AWG in Bode Plot not remembered after reboot

e) Network storage only works for SMB1.0

f) MEAS:SIMPle:ITEM\sOVSN,ON does not work as expected

g) Roll time incorrect at 1ks/div and 20kpts

h) Raw data not consistent in x and sinx/x interpolation modes

i) Math: Dx parameter of Derivation cannot be increased by universal control

j) Incorrect FFT sample rate

The following users thanked this post: blackdog, james38, tubularnut, wolfy007, Martin72, Markus2801A, Bad_Driver, dibro, casterle, Peter_O

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #3586 on: August 31, 2022, 05:07:58 pm »
Impressive  :)

Offline RBBVNL9

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3587 on: August 31, 2022, 05:36:51 pm »
Siglent SDS2000X Plus V1.5.2R1 Firmware Update

Indeed looks like a significant update this time! Look forward to trying it, and especially interested in what the "2. Optimized UI" entails. Would be happy if others share on this board the UI changes they noticed...

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3588 on: August 31, 2022, 06:02:44 pm »
Unfortunately, I cannot tell about the UI improvements for sure. I did the switch to 1.5.2 FW (not the R1!) over 10 weeks ago and this is not the only DSO I'm testing.
Yet I suspect it could have something to do with the encoder handling, as this is a general topic for the UI development.

Another topic that might sound confusing is the "incorrect FFT sample rate". Here is the essential statement in the original bug report:
The virtual FFT sample rate is incorrect when a derivative is to be analysed.

Offline trp806mo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3589 on: August 31, 2022, 06:20:54 pm »
I did the update today.

IMHO one of the main improvment is the responsiveness of the rotary buttons of time and amplititude. The touchscreen's feeling changed too (now the waveform is able to follow my finger when I move it) but still not as fast as a Lecroy and you can find some changes in the menu as XY mode is available under the acquire menu.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:27:48 pm by trp806mo »

The following users thanked this post: Markus2801A

Offline ozkarah

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3590 on: August 31, 2022, 10:03:17 pm »
Any issue with the hacked options?

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #3591 on: August 31, 2022, 10:22:39 pm »
I do not own a 2000X+ anymore, but I "dare" to say there will be never any issues in that case.
Because you hack the licenses, not the scope itself.
For the scope the keys are "true", same as if you had buy them.
Other question could be if a new firmware will "allow" that easy hacking in the future.

The following users thanked this post: hhappy1, ozkarah

Offline famalex

• Contributor
« Reply #3592 on: August 31, 2022, 10:32:06 pm »
Any issue with the hacked options?
No so far.

Offline trp806mo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3593 on: September 01, 2022, 06:10:34 am »
As Martin said the hacked version needs the "right" icense so it's undetectable. In my case the FG & 16LA licenses "generated" with py software are the same as the one bought with my bundle and generated on siglent.com. The difference matter only for the warranty if I have to return it. By the way no strange behavior detected with last firmware so I will keep it.

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3594 on: September 01, 2022, 06:26:14 am »
The SDS has now custom probes and probe check.
Custom probes are helpful for self made probes (simple digital probes 1k:50 Ohms = 21:1) or for using of preamps.
I use it with my LNA (40 dB or 60 dB) for noise measurements. For this I define custom probes of 0.01 and 0.001.

The reported problem with boot hanging when attenuations <1 is solved.

The following users thanked this post: james38, Martin72, Deichgraf

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3595 on: September 01, 2022, 08:35:18 am »
I had a brief look at the 1.5.2R1 FW and as usual, it has quite a few changes not included in the revision history.

General:
Vastly improved UI-response. In particular, there are hardly any dropped encoder pulses anymore. If something cannot be executed immediately, it is queued and doesn't get lost.

The axis annotation has a reasonable resolution now (~0.1 to 1% of the span).

Improved file manager, with larger icons and a short textual description for them.

Bode Plot:
Scale (dB/div) in the range 1 to 20 dB can now be set from in 1 dB steps.

Time domain view is available in addition to the frequency domain view.

The following users thanked this post: blackdog, james38, Martin72, Peter_O, Deichgraf, trp806mo

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3596 on: September 01, 2022, 02:02:22 pm »
User kladit sent me a PM, but for some unknown reason I cannot reply, so I have to make it puplic:

Hi performa01,

I also just upgraded my sds2354xplus (upgraded sds2104xplus) to the newest firmware (1.5.2.R1) and looked
at the noise level rms measure with 2 channels (inputs open, CH1 and CH4 both set to 50 Ohms , 500uV/div and full BW, 8Bit)

Both channels showed very similar ampitudes on the screen but the displayed rms values are very different.
CH1 170uV and CH4 463 uV, more than factor two difference.

Can you see the same on your scope?
If not, can you give me a hint what I could have made wrong.

Is it possible to add a screenshot to a message here?
I've found no way

We cannot attach any files to the personal messages and I cannot see your upload.

I can only speculate. Probably you are using the RMS measurement, which also includes the unwanted DC-offset. This can be up to several 100 microvolts and is of course different for each channel.

The correct method is to use the Stdev measurement, which is equivalent to AC-RMS. This excludes any DC-component.

Offline kladit

• Contributor
« Reply #3597 on: September 01, 2022, 07:04:12 pm »
performa01, thank you for answering this way.

You were right, the differences came from different dc offsets between the channels.
I run a self-calibration after the firmware update and  the differences between rms and stdv reeadings vanished.
So the screenshot is not needed anymore.

I used the SDS2354x to get an exact noise level of 0dBm with 40 MHz bandwidth from an SDG6054X.

To set the exact level of  223.6 mV the Measure -> Tools -> Trend -> Trent-Stdv function  of the scope
is very helpful to get a 'quiet' reading.

I adjusted the SDG to for a reading of 223.5 mV average(stdv)  from the scope, the SDG showed 256.8 mV output at 50 Ohm then.

I verified the reading of the scope with an SSA3032X-R which should  have showed a level in dBm/Hz which is 10 * log(40E6) dB lower
at -76.02 dBm/Hz.

The analyzer readout was -75.85 dBm/Hz (f=10MHz,Zero Span,BW RBW=1kHz,VBW=10Hz. AVG=200) which  showes a very satisfying
accuracy of Siglent measurement devices. :-+
With a noise-bandwith of 42 MHz the reading at the SSA was -76.0dBm/Hz!

The SDS2000Xplus scopes have more bandwith and therefore a better crest-factor than the old HP 3400A or 3400B rf-millivoltmeters.
Such a scope is a remunerative investment for hobbyists in many repects.

Can you post a similiar measurement with your SDS2000X-HD?

The following users thanked this post: Bad_Driver

Offline Wintel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3598 on: September 01, 2022, 09:53:31 pm »
Does the Siglent SDS2000X Plus or SDS2000X HD has the "All measurement" function in the Measurement Menu that can display all the items of the current measurement source?

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3599 on: September 02, 2022, 08:07:45 am »
Does the Siglent SDS2000X Plus or SDS2000X HD has the "All measurement" function in the Measurement Menu that can display all the items of the current measurement source?

The SDS2000X Plus currently has 19 Vertical, 17 Horizontal, 16 Miscellaneous and 14 Channle Delay measurements, that makes for a total of 66 measurements. This should already answer the question.

The scope can display up to 12 measurements at once, thankfully also with statistics, as measurements without them aren't overly useful for most serious applications. There is a tab for up to 12 favourites in the measurement type selection, which can be configured freely with your personal favourite measurements. Then you can find and use them quite easily without having to look for them in the bunch.

The following users thanked this post: Markus2801A

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf