Author Topic: Siglent SPD3303X-E not booting  (Read 938 times)

Offline eevblog4meTopic starter

Siglent SPD3303X-E not booting
« on: August 07, 2020, 11:57:07 pm »
I picked up a used Siglent SPD3303X-E power supply from Ebay, which I thought I was getting a reasonable deal on, but it's not booting. On searching, I saw some of the other firmware-related boot issue posts, but they sound slightly different than what I'm seeing. When I power it up, all the buttons light and the display comes up with the Siglent splash, but it only stays lit for a second, then goes dark. It cycles back on about every 3 seconds. At the same time that the display lights up, all the lit buttons flash brighter for just a fraction of a second. I've let it loop like this for several minutes, and it doesn't every seem to go past this state. Anyone have any troubleshooting thoughts? My initial guess would be power, but I haven't cracked it open yet to see what's going on.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SPD3303X-E not booting
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 11:42:39 am »
Welcome to the forum.

I got nothing to help.  :(
Will try at the factory for you next week.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline eevblog4meTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 05:20:43 am »
Thanks. I did manage to get it sorted. It's a bit embarrassing, but I'll leave the solution here in case anyone else runs into this down the road. From a close examination of the outside, my power supply appears to have been dropped at some point. With this in mind, I popped the cover and figured I would look around and see if anything was obviously broken, disconnected, etc... While examining the various boards inside, I ended up looking more closely at the AC switches on the back, which were set to 220. :palm: Two quick switch flips and I'm up and working.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 05:45:44 am »
Thanks. I did manage to get it sorted. It's a bit embarrassing, but I'll leave the solution here in case anyone else runs into this down the road. From a close examination of the outside, my power supply appears to have been dropped at some point. With this in mind, I popped the cover and figured I would look around and see if anything was obviously broken, disconnected, etc... While examining the various boards inside, I ended up looking more closely at the AC switches on the back, which were set to 220. :palm: Two quick switch flips and I'm up and working.
:-DD  :-+
Nice one ! Yes they come set to 220 VAC ex the factory.....a little trap for you in the US however new, there is a warning tape over the IEC socket reminding to set the correct line voltage.

Cool, enjoy.  8)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf