Author Topic: Seeking advice on programmable power supply.  (Read 5226 times)

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Seeking advice on programmable power supply.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 11:00:52 pm »
But the GPP-4323 does have several advantages over the Rigol and Siglent which make it worth spending the extra money.
Unless you want people to assume you're just recommending a GW-Instek device due to being a fanboy you may want to elaborate on what these advantages actually might be. I can't seem to find reviews or people actually using one.
This has been explained before: The Siglent PSU mentioned in this thread doesn't have a numeric keypad and a 3rd channel with a couple of fixed voltages and no adjustable current limit. The Rigol DP832 doesn't have fully isolated channels. The GPP-4323 has neither of these limitations. Second hit from Google: https://www.electrobob.com/gpp-4323-power-supply-review/

BTW: If you really read my posts more carefully then you'd know I don't do fanboy-ism. You have brought that up several times now; it starts to look like some kind of personal vendetta.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 11:20:49 pm »
Methinks the nctnico doth protest too much ;)
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 12:48:46 am »
This has been explained before: The Siglent PSU mentioned in this thread doesn't have a numeric keypad and a 3rd channel with a couple of fixed voltages and no adjustable current limit. The Rigol DP832 doesn't have fully isolated channels. The GPP-4323 has neither of these limitations. Second hit from Google: https://www.electrobob.com/gpp-4323-power-supply-review/

BTW: If you really read my posts more carefully then you'd know I don't do fanboy-ism. You have brought that up several times now; it starts to look like some kind of personal vendetta.
Essentially every recommendation you make is some kind of GW-Instek kit and that happens in almost every thread asking for recommendations. Someone asks about a certain device and before long there's nctnico recommending a GW-Instek device. It's predictable to the point of being comedic. You also tend to discuss supposed disadvantages of devices of other brands ad nauseum, usually with a few other usual suspects pushing "their" brand. I don't care about you or your preferences but I do care about every thread being treated as a personal challenge and proving ground by a few people who consequently spam the thread with the same old preferences and discussion. At least one of the other usual suspects has learnt to behave and I'd hope the others can follow suit. The endless same discussion in endless threads is of no use to anyone. Not to the person asking and not to the rest of the visitors. I'm sorry for being blunt but I've grown tired of the brand turf wars.

Offline aristarchus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 01:13:17 am »
Just my opinion here.

Got the DP832, since three years now.
So far it does the job just fine, never seen the need for separate gnd on ch2, ch3.
Also, although got accustomed using it via its front panel keys the first couple of years, nowadays using it via the UltraPower PC application find it really easy.
(Changed it to DP832A already)

Just my 2c

The following users thanked this post: Markus2801A

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 01:38:18 am »

Essentially every recommendation you make is some kind of GW-Instek kit and that happens in almost every thread asking for recommendations. Someone asks about a certain device and before long there's nctnico recommending a GW-Instek device.
And? Point me to a thread where my recommendation is off-topic. Lots of threads where I recommend different brands. You won't find me recommending a GW Instek function generator for example. And I wasn't even the first to mention the PSU from GW Instek in this thread. FFS  :palm:  No, this is just your personal vendetta based on... well, I don't care.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:46:24 am by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf