Author Topic: Siglent SSA3000X and SSA3000X-Plus Spectrum Analyzers  (Read 624068 times)

Ej and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline indeterminatus

• Contributor
Re: Siglent SSA3000X and SSA3000X-Plus Spectrum Analyzers
« Reply #1300 on: September 22, 2020, 04:28:39 pm »
Interesting idea, tautech!

I would actually like to go a step further and synchronize the local files to the USB stick that are missing (there), if that is not already covered by the Export function (probably via "skip existing"). I know that I'd be annoyed if I had to select (only) those local files that are missing on the USB stick in the first place.

I even might not mind being asked if I wanted to copy all local files (that are missing on the USB stick) when plugging in the stick. Then, I might pick a target directory on the stick (root being default), and be done with it.

I'm not too used to the instrument, but so far I don't find the File browser of the SVA1032X very intuitive. The less I have to fiddle around with it, the better :)

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1301 on: September 23, 2020, 01:01:37 am »
Further to this tautech and I have had a chat, and these are the ideas we have bounced around:

As mentioned - on the device itself, implement a Copy All/Export All function to bulk copy Local files to the USB drive in one step.

1a.
Improve the file management function in general. The copy paste mechanism is functional, but clunky.
A simple improvement would be to remove the need to switch between Dir and File mode when pasting.

Run an FTP and/or a Samba server on the device to provide a way to remote access files on the local and USB filesystems.

Implement a web based file browser which is accessible via the built in Siglent Instrument Control web page.

(Bonus feature, this is a bit novel)
On the filesystem provide a set of 'virtual files' which allow access to the device data and screenshots without having to save the files on the device.
e.g.
to take a screenshot, just open the screenshot.png virtual file on the PC (via FTP or using the web browser). The act of opening the file will take the screenshot and then save the data on the PC as normal.
to download a CSV file of the current sweep open the sweep.csv file on the PC. The data is returned at the end of the sweep.
etc etc for all of the different file types.

The following users thanked this post: tautech, indeterminatus

Offline tomud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1302 on: September 23, 2020, 08:45:12 am »
As we are talking about files, while the menu and copying can be survived, the lack of export to touchstone (s2p) files is a pain.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple neat and wrong...

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1303 on: September 23, 2020, 10:15:28 am »
As we are talking about files, while the menu and copying can be survived, the lack of export to touchstone (s2p) files is a pain.

Yes - this has been requested already, hopefully it will come soon. I'm sure it helps if more people request it.

Offline indeterminatus

• Contributor
« Reply #1304 on: September 23, 2020, 12:43:58 pm »
Yes - this has been requested already, hopefully it will come soon. I'm sure it helps if more people request it.

Is there an official Siglent idea/feature request tracker where I can place my vote on this, or does someone pass this along to Siglent?

In the latter case, I'd like to weigh in on that one.
In the former case, please share the link -- I could not find anything beyond the generic "Contact us" form on Siglent's website.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1305 on: September 24, 2020, 03:54:01 am »

Is there an official Siglent idea/feature request tracker where I can place my vote on this, or does someone pass this along to Siglent?
They keep an eye out for suggestions here and in a few threads however there are a few of us that pass stuff to them too, dealers and beta testers etc.
Use this thread as there there is a list of their products threads in the first post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/

Or as you have a SVA1032X here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sva1015x-1-5ghz-spectrum-vector-network-analyzer-(coming)/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline tomud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1306 on: September 25, 2020, 03:40:43 pm »
 I don't know if it was already posted here, but found it by accident ;)

https://teledynelecroy.com/spectrum-analyzers/detail.aspx?modelid=11039

https://teledynelecroy.com/vector-network-analyzer/detail.aspx?modelid=11452

I wonder what the differences in the firmware (some old firmware versions: T3SA3000_1.2.9.3a.ADS & T3VNA1500_2.2.1.2.7.ADS) :-DD

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 03:55:49 pm by tomud »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1307 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:46 pm »
I don't know if it was already posted here, but found it by accident ;)
Nice find.  :)
I wonder what the differences in the firmware (some old firmware versions: T3SA3000_1.2.9.3a.ADS & T3VNA1500_2.2.1.2.7.ADS)
LeCroy display branding.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tomud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1308 on: September 25, 2020, 09:56:43 pm »

I think he can paint LeCroy with a felt-tip pen  :-DD

and interesting things - documentation on how to program with NI-VISA (Visual C++, LabView, Matlab)

http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/manuals/t3vna-programming-manual.pdf

Offline rf-loopTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #1309 on: September 26, 2020, 02:50:16 am »

I think he can paint LeCroy with a felt-tip pen  :-DD

and interesting things - documentation on how to program with NI-VISA (Visual C++, LabView, Matlab)

http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/manuals/t3vna-programming-manual.pdf

And how it differ technically from these Siglent originals
https://www.siglenteu.com/download/8312/   (206 pages,  SVA, SSAPlus. SSA-R)
https://www.siglenteu.com/download/2531/   (86 pages SSA3000X)

Of course if you want rebrand Siglent products for your name you can also then rename it in manuals and put your logo, contacts and what name you have give for instrument. Also you can change boot logo etc. After then warranty and all aftersale support or others are yours. You can do it better or same or worse than OEM. 
Example how slowly FW updates are published by company who put they own logo to OEM's product - who knows, this is not OEM's headache.

Other than rebrand OEM it is also possible Siglent do ODM for you, just with your specs and details you want (of course every ODM manufacturer have own limits what they can and can not) and even hide every single bit of details what tell who have made it.

These rebrand can find in many places, here one example:
https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/bk-precision/spectrum-analyzers/9-khz-to-2-1-ghz-benchtop-spectrum-analyzer-2682.htm
https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/bk-precision/pdf/2680-series_datasheet.pdf

fun prices...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 03:07:04 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline olc

« Reply #1310 on: September 26, 2020, 09:37:19 pm »
Hi-

Does the Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) work with your crossflashed SSA+?

--
Olivier

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1311 on: September 27, 2020, 02:07:00 am »
Further to this tautech and I have had a chat, and these are the ideas we have bounced around:

As mentioned - on the device itself, implement a Copy All/Export All function to bulk copy Local files to the USB drive in one step.

1a.
Improve the file management function in general. The copy paste mechanism is functional, but clunky.
A simple improvement would be to remove the need to switch between Dir and File mode when pasting.

Run an FTP and/or a Samba server on the device to provide a way to remote access files on the local and USB filesystems.

Implement a web based file browser which is accessible via the built in Siglent Instrument Control web page.

On the filesystem provide a set of 'virtual files' which allow access to the device data and screenshots without having to save the files on the device.
e.g.
to take a screenshot, just open the screenshot.png virtual file on the PC (via FTP or using the web browser). The act of opening the file will take the screenshot and then save the data on the PC as normal.
to download a CSV file of the current sweep open the sweep.csv file on the PC. The data is returned at the end of the sweep.

I swapped out telnet for ssh and just use winscp on this and my scope.. my suggestion would be they do the same..  i'd be surprised if they did though.. i think the best you will get is some kinda file management os additions to the gui and some further additions to the webgui to download the files

Hi-

Does the Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) work with your crossflashed SSA+?

--
Olivier

No, these are not real time units

The following users thanked this post: olc

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1312 on: September 29, 2020, 08:30:26 am »

1a.

e.g.

I swapped out telnet for ssh and just use winscp on this and my scope.. my suggestion would be they do the same..  i'd be surprised if they did though.. i think the best you will get is some kinda file management os additions to the gui and some further additions to the webgui to download the files

Little update, FTP access is already functional by default however file access is PW protected but improved SSA/SVA Local file access from PC has been accepted as a feature request to be added in the near future.

Will be interesting to see the final implementation.   :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: tubularnut, Elasia

Offline Relaxe

• Regular Contributor
  • Keepin' it civilized
« Reply #1313 on: October 24, 2020, 07:22:53 pm »
Hi there,

Another SSA3021 sucessfully crossflashed here.

I used the instruction recap from @maximevince at post #1223 from this thread.
Thanks to all the contributors!

Small thing:
The backup require to mount the USB device in RW mode:
$ mount -o remount,rw /usr/bin/siglent/usr/mass_storage/U-disk0

Also, this is not super n00b friendly as a procedure, maybe it's better that way.
In all cases, if you never used vi to edit a file, this is not a procedure you should attempt (yet)­.

Offline Mouse69

• Contributor
« Reply #1314 on: October 27, 2020, 02:48:22 pm »
Another successful crossflash and upgrade to V3.2.2.3.2 firmware.  All calibrated and looks good.  Thanks guys so very much for all your hard work to get us here.

For vi, I'd not really used it for 25 years, it's not the same as Windows notepad for sure.  Have a play with it and make sure you understand 'i' / '<ESC>' to enter text / commands.  ':q!' to exit without saving changes and 'ZZ' to save your changes, before using it in anger.  Please note these are case sensitive. 
Cut towards your chum, not towards your thumb

Offline dschiedsch

• Contributor
« Reply #1315 on: October 29, 2020, 09:08:44 am »
Hi all
I managed to kill my device tree and maybe the nand file while attempting to crossflash my SSA3021X Plus
And of course I didn't do a proper backup  :palm:

Can someone help me with a complete backup so I can extract the data to resurrect my device?

Regards

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1316 on: October 30, 2020, 12:22:44 pm »
New firmware for SSA3000X models (NOT later Plus models)

https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Spectrum_analyzer/SSA3000X_1.3.9.6_EN.zip
7.4 MB

Release notes
This firmware must be upgraded from V1.2.8.1 or later. If your SSA3000X has an earlier version, please update to V1.2.8.1 first and then proceed to update to the latest version.
Fixed the problem unit in TG and the UNCAL condition
Fixed the AVG detector in frequency LOG scale
Fixed the display error with long file name
Fixed some SCPI commands
Fixed the beeper switch
Fixed the .cor file error when recalling it
Add Limit mask offset in frequency and amplitude
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline dschiedsch

• Contributor
« Reply #1317 on: October 30, 2020, 01:29:09 pm »
With the help of nand backup files from forum-member indeterminatus i was able to resurrect my device
thx again
I now know way more about u-boot then i ever wanted to know ;-)

Offline mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1318 on: November 05, 2020, 02:07:06 pm »
We have a SSA3021X Plus "enabled" to 3.2GHz and "expanded" to SVA1032X following the procedures and help from folks on here.

System Info shows SVA1032X. SW1 is 2.2.1.2.8, SW2 is 20200616-1, SW3 is 000000D4 and HW is 00.00.00

Question on the TG "Normalize" button not active (greyed out) when the TG is on. The TG works fine but I can't activate the Normalize function. Same goes for the Ref Trace not being active, all the other TG related bottons are active, just Normalize and Ref Trace are greyed out and inactive.

I've followed the procedure in 2.2.7.4 in the manual. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:08:42 pm by mawyatt »
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline matteo_galet

« Reply #1319 on: November 05, 2020, 02:09:39 pm »
Hello,
 anyone experimenting with the SVA1075X ?
We'll get one soon - minus the licen$e$.

Maybe I'll start a thread so we can tweak the heck out of that model...

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1320 on: November 05, 2020, 03:22:57 pm »
SSA3021X Plus can be upgraded to a SSA3032X Plus which can be expanded to a SVA1032X

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1321 on: November 05, 2020, 10:54:01 pm »
We have a SSA3021X Plus "enabled" to 3.2GHz and "expanded" to SVA1032X following the procedures and help from folks on here.

System Info shows SVA1032X. SW1 is 2.2.1.2.8, SW2 is 20200616-1, SW3 is 000000D4 and HW is 00.00.00

Question on the TG "Normalize" button not active (greyed out) when the TG is on. The TG works fine but I can't activate the Normalize function. Same goes for the Ref Trace not being active, all the other TG related bottons are active, just Normalize and Ref Trace are greyed out and inactive.

I've followed the procedure in 2.2.7.4 in the manual. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Mike, when you have no luck entering the settings you require sometimes it's best to clear all previous settings with a press of Preset and return everything to factory defaults.

Yes, the Normalise procedure has changed in the Plus and SVA models where now you must set a reference trace first. The manual states this but it's easily overlooked.
You can chose to display it or not and where the normalised trace will appear on the display....in a % position of the 10 graticule display height.
Follow 2.2.7.4 Normalise on P38 of manual #E02A and you should sort it. Come back if you don't.

A couple of SVA1032X screenshots attached FYI.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: mawyatt

Offline mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1322 on: November 05, 2020, 11:35:39 pm »
That's it, I didn't have a Reference trace set :o

Thanks for the help and prompt response  :-+

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline Noy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1323 on: November 18, 2020, 01:39:09 pm »
Does somebody know if its save tu upgrade the firmware of a "promode" SSA3021X Plus -> SVA1032X with the newest firmware?
SVA1032X Firmware - V3.2.2.3.2 (Release Date 09.18.20 ) ?

Would be nice because :
Functionality:
•Adduser definedVNAcalibration kits
•Add VNA 0 span calibration

Would be nice to use a not official calkit..?

Offline videobruce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1324 on: November 18, 2020, 01:46:06 pm »
the Normalise procedure has changed in the Plus and SVA models where now you must set a reference trace first.
  Why is this??  ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf