Author Topic: TLA 704 Logic Analyzer Help  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Dave.VTopic starter

TLA 704 Logic Analyzer Help
« on: May 24, 2018, 04:17:38 am »
I'm a newbie to blogs (not electronics) and I need some help. I am resurrecting a Tektronix TLA 704 Logic Analyzer that I picked up cheap. It had a dead hard drive and RTC chip. I have installed a new 40 GB HDD, replaced the Dallas DS12887 RTC chip with a DS12885 and upgraded the RAM to a whopping 64 MB, otherwise I'm looking to keep it pretty much "stock". I was able to get the OS installed (Windows 98SE) and the logic analyzer software is installed and working. My problem is that I need to calibrate the TLA 7D1 DSO module and Tektronix did not include the TALCAL program in their archived Version 3.2 of the software. I have looked everywhere on the WWW that I can think of and cannot find it. Does anyone have the Version 3.2 software CD? Actually, all that I need are three files -- TLACAL.exe, TLACAL.hex and TLACAL.chm (the help file). If you have a TLA 704 with version 3.2 installed they will be in the TLA 700 System folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline RomDump

• Regular Contributor
Re: TLA 704 Logic Analyzer Help
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 02:58:31 am »
My problem is that I need to calibrate the TLA 7D1 DSO module and Tektronix did not include the TALCAL program in their archived Version 3.2 of the software. I have looked everywhere on the WWW that I can think of and cannot find it. Does anyone have the Version 3.2 software CD? Actually, all that I need are three files -- TLACAL.exe, TLACAL.hex and TLACAL.chm (the help file). If you have a TLA 704 with version 3.2 installed they will be in the TLA 700 System folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you try and contact Tektronix Support? Sometimes they can be helpful and give you the program.
--
RomDump

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 06:14:41 pm »
Thanks RomDump, I did try Tektronix Support. Their only solution was to offer the TLACAL "user manual" on CD-ROM for $244.00. They could not verify that the software was included!  :scared: As this is about twice what I paid for the analyzer and with no assurance that the software was even included I declined.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 06:23:51 pm »
Thanks nctnico, I had tried that solution (should have mentioned it in the first post). Problem is Version 6.0.213.0 will not install/run in a Windows 98 environment.  |O I think I need the Version 3.2 files.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf