Author Topic: Enabling options for R&S test equipment  (Read 43655 times)

Offline EEngo

• Supporter
Re: Enabling options for R&S test equipment
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2019, 01:17:01 pm »
does anyone know how to enable options for a DVRG? I have two of them, but one of them is missing one of the previously installed options after a HDD crash  :-BROKE

I have all the HDD images, but couldn't find something key-related.

-ingo-

Offline Pattymorr

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2019, 01:51:52 am »
Newbie here for everything.

Got 2 old units FSH3, one is fully operational type 13 from 2005 (with tracking generator SN103585 Firmware V10.00),  the other one is from 2004 (base model 03 with preamp SN 102121)  which seems to have a corrupt Firmware V7.20 cause the frequency range shows random numbers i.e Center -1.656726599e+181; despite all keys and menus are functional the only response I got for the instrument is for Manual BW to 1Mhz  and Span 0hz,  all others shows Out of Range. 

I had try to look for firmware update and found a file on R&S site for the new version with TV features which I am not sure if it will be suitable for the old units. Furthermore, I had not been able to find the Optical Rs232 cable interface  neither the software tools needed to perform the update, I guess there is plenty of this items stocked at R&S at considerable price.

After reading this post I downloaded the file on post #7. Unfortunately,  I wont have access to the files until I have a way to communicate with the units. Does anyone know what is the pinout / transceiver configuration for the optical rs232?

Thanks in advance for help

Sincerely

Patty.

Offline Pattymorr

« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2019, 08:18:11 pm »
Hope Fluke 190 rs232  interface will be suitable tgo get me going.

Found this DIY as part of my own answer :DIY optical link cable for the Fluke Scopemeter 190 series http://omapalvelin.homedns.org/fluke/

Patty

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf