Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 4057790 times)

dl6lr, doktor pyta, URI, mansaxel, Specmaster, exor, mnementh, med6753, Nixfried, McBryce, Robert763, Zucca, GreyWoolfe and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #80700 on: Today at 03:57:40 pm »
Join us, they said. There'll be talk of T&M gear they said. Just some guys ('n gals) hanging around discussing gear presservation and repair, they said.  :palm:

I wanted to have some on topic TEA content today. I was all ready for it. I powered up the Siglent SDM3055 and the Fluke 8505A last night so they would be warmed up and stable in anticipation of checking out the Leeds and Northrup resistance box that USPS said would be delivered today but even getting a package from 40 miles away is beyond their ability.  :palm:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Online Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80701 on: Today at 04:29:52 pm »
all that constipation stuff reminds me of my chronic diverticulosis. Which is when your bowels are inflamed and close due to internal swelling.

Trust me, that is a real shit show.

@factory my condolences.

I don't know if you intended it to be, but thats quite funny  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-Solartron-HP-Thurlby-Heathkit-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Online mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Escaping The Suck*
« Reply #80702 on: Today at 04:43:28 pm »
Join us, they said. There'll be talk of T&M gear they said. Just some guys ('n gals) hanging around discussing gear presservation and repair, they said.  :palm:

I wanted to have some on topic TEA content today. I was all ready for it. I powered up the Siglent SDM3055 and the Fluke 8505A last night so they would be warmed up and stable in anticipation of checking out the Leeds and Northrup resistance box that USPS said would be delivered today but even getting a package from 40 miles away is beyond their ability.  :palm:
Here you go buddy... all Amazon Prime, so probably actually get it sometime this month:

https://www.amazon.com/Transistor-Components-Capacitance-Inductance-Multimeter/dp/B07MBFF748/

https://www.amazon.com/5000-Handheld-LCR-Meter-accessories/dp/B00S298KJO

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Assortment-Capacitors-Transistors-Potentiometers/dp/B06XGH7T9L/

https://www.amazon.com/Tweezers-Capacitor-Multimeter-Frequency-Generator/dp/B08HJ2NRMG/

https://www.amazon.com/BenchtopTester-Capacitance-Resistance-Inductance-40Hz-100kHz/dp/B07XHJ92CL/

There's the ESR02 I've been proselytizing with only ~$5 Amazon markup, and a new contender for cheap LCR Tweezers; these appear to also have some signal gen functionality. And of course, that DE-5000 for $125 with PRIME delivery makes it pretty much a no-brainer if you don't already have one. Plus 1870 pieces of cheap-ass Chinese components and a cheap-ass component tester for $70; good for quick tinkery or to use in place of decent components when you're planning to try something stoopit. The MCR-5100 is a bit on the expensive side, but only ~$100 more than similar ones I've seen on AliEx, only without the benefit of PRIME delivery and warranty protection.

mnem
« Last Edit: Today at 04:53:47 pm by mnementh »

Online Robert763

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80703 on: Today at 04:54:30 pm »
So the dodgy car part ebay seller cancelled my order. I reported them to ebay. Ebay don't make it easy to report sellers these days and of course I can't leave negative feedback. I also reported them to their local Trading Standards office as they are obviously breaking multiple cars but there is no authorised ELV ATF  aka car breaker anywhere near their address. Also the cars were pictured on grass or a dirt yard which is a big no-no these days. For those not in the know it's technically illegal to break even your own car for parts in the UK these days.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Online mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Escaping The Suck*
« Reply #80704 on: Today at 04:58:01 pm »
...@factory my condolences.

I don't know if you intended it to be, but thats quite funny  :-DD

If she hadn't said it, I would have. ;) I wound up having to offer sincere congratulations instead.  :-DD

mnem
 :-BROKE

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #80705 on: Today at 05:01:00 pm »
Maybe better luck in the morning then, good to see that you're keeping your spirit up. I always fancied nurses and other such professional types who wore uniforms, not so much for their uniforms but what according to what was the topic back then, what they wore under those uniforms  ;) ;D

I like too, though that's probably quite a politically incorrect thing to say nowadays.

Oh, and who left that Racal counter lying around on the forum? Someone's liable to pick it up!   :rant:

Yes. Yes I did, and it's your fault.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Fluke-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Micronta-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Online Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #80706 on: Today at 05:03:03 pm »
you might try the HD Radio Network Blues Stream or Perihelion Classic Rock, Cincinatti.

Pretty decent music, no ads. Those are my 2 favs.

Listening the jazz channel since two hours and I love it. Unfortunately my company proxy is cutting it off.... so no no during work.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #80707 on: Today at 05:34:05 pm »
Maybe better luck in the morning then, good to see that you're keeping your spirit up. I always fancied nurses and other such professional types who wore uniforms, not so much for their uniforms but what according to what was the topic back then, what they wore under those uniforms  ;) ;D

I like too, though that's probably quite a politically incorrect thing to say nowadays.

Oh, and who left that Racal counter lying around on the forum? Someone's liable to pick it up!   :rant:

Yes. Yes I did, and it's your fault.

Surprisingly other than pictures I've never seen my Lady Cop in her uniform.  ;D

Not that it much matters anyway.  >:D >:D
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf