Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 527257 times)

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1350 on: April 17, 2020, 08:37:44 am »
Hi tautech,
    thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the latest Firmware still has the display bug. ei: Choose Scope, then display and set the screen to Black background. When you restart the scope it will sometimes be correct, but 90% of the time you get a wierd unreadable white screen that only goes if you press Scope / Display and set the screen to black background again. See attachment.

McBryce.
Model ?

SHS806 - Hardware version 4-33-3.6

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1351 on: April 17, 2020, 08:40:22 am »
Hi tautech,
    thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the latest Firmware still has the display bug. ei: Choose Scope, then display and set the screen to Black background. When you restart the scope it will sometimes be correct, but 90% of the time you get a wierd unreadable white screen that only goes if you press Scope / Display and set the screen to black background again. See attachment.

McBryce.
Model ?

SHS806 - Hardware version 4-33-3.6

McBryce.
Reported.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: McBryce

Offline pantelei4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1352 on: April 17, 2020, 09:27:32 am »
The black screen mode has unreadable menu characters on the SHS oscilloscope. Bad color scheme. Unsuitable for use.  :--
What are the specific changes in the new firmware, why should I do this?

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1353 on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:18 pm »
I find the black screen mode much easier to read, especially as I use it in low light conditions most of the time.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Qim

« Reply #1354 on: April 19, 2020, 09:52:48 am »
Hello everyone! 
Sorry for my poor English, I am not a native speaker, but will try to explain the problem clearly.
I have the Siglent SDS1102CML+ oscilloscope. The issue is that the oscilloscope does not boot. It is frozen after turning on and shows only "Siglent" logotype. The buttons light up, but nothing happens. The version of firmware is 6.01.01.21R2 (Release Date 09.25.19 ). Did anybody deal with this issue? Are there any ways to recovery the oscilloscope? It looks like the firmware was corrupted. I see that on main board the sd-card slot exists. Is it possible to use it to flash firmware?
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

Press Math repeatedly and rapidly when booting.
Try multiple times if this fails at first.

I have the same problem. The download hung on the logo. I pressed the Math button many times and quickly, but it didn't help(
Osphilograph Siglent SDS 1052DL+
Please help me.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1355 on: April 19, 2020, 07:25:01 pm »
Hello everyone! 
Sorry for my poor English, I am not a native speaker, but will try to explain the problem clearly.
I have the Siglent SDS1102CML+ oscilloscope. The issue is that the oscilloscope does not boot. It is frozen after turning on and shows only "Siglent" logotype. The buttons light up, but nothing happens. The version of firmware is 6.01.01.21R2 (Release Date 09.25.19 ). Did anybody deal with this issue? Are there any ways to recovery the oscilloscope? It looks like the firmware was corrupted. I see that on main board the sd-card slot exists. Is it possible to use it to flash firmware?
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

I have the same problem. The download hung on the logo. I pressed the Math button many times and quickly, but it didn't help(
Please help me.
Welcome to the forum.

Message sent to factory tech support asking for help and DL+ recovery files.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1356 on: April 20, 2020, 07:19:30 pm »
Hello everyone! 
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

Please help me.
Welcome to the forum.

Message sent to factory tech support asking for help and DL+ recovery files.
@ Qim
Tech support need to know your SN# please.
You can PM it to me if you wish.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1357 on: April 22, 2020, 01:51:03 am »
DL+ recovery files supplied to Qim after receipt of his SN# indicating his DSO can be recovered.  :phew:
They are not available online and only to request.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Qim

Offline Qim

« Reply #1358 on: April 22, 2020, 07:39:11 am »
tautech, Formatted a 2gb flash drive, Fat32, uploaded the files, inserted it into the oscilloscope, pressed the power button (top). And nothing happened.
UPD, another flash drive took and something came up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFTXweHGeg&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:58:42 am by Qim »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1359 on: April 22, 2020, 07:46:32 am »
tautech, Formatted a 2gb flash drive, Fat32, uploaded the files, inserted it into the oscilloscope, pressed the power button (top). And nothing happened.
OK, try the SD card recovery method.

We can use PM if you like.

Later Qim sent me this:
https://youtu.be/PZI-hxT0HWs
 :clap:

Explanation for video result in Qim's post = the DSO is in Math mode @ 2mV/div
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 09:44:30 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Jonny

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1360 on: April 25, 2020, 10:05:09 pm »
Well, after much research I finally purchased an Siglent SDS1102CML from Tequipment.net.  So far I love the scope. Here are the things that swayed me from the Rigol 1102.  (Larger display, larger memory depth, Physical knobs for both channels, quieter fan)

I also considered the Hantek's and although the higher res display was a large draw, I didn't want to deal with the funny timebase  (2,4,8).

The only 2 annoyances I have found so far with the latest firmware is the fact that the probe compensation setting is reset to 1X when the Default setup key is pressed.  Also the scope always asks to choose the language on boot.

I hope these 2 issues are addressed in the next firmware revision.

Regards,

Steve
the 2 issues you said are not problems. they are designing issues.
1.default setup 1X is to restore the factory settings. Do you want it at 10X?
2.the language section on boot is for the customers to choose the language easier if you want to recover the version that do not have this section, please update the older .CFG file.

I attempted number 2 and this and it doesn't work. I already have the latest FW 5.01.02.32 but the error message is Product Type Does Not Match. How can I update for the latest version as this was posted in 2014 I guess the config file was for the version at the time.

Thanks

Jonny

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1361 on: April 26, 2020, 03:20:28 am »
Well, after much research I finally purchased an Siglent SDS1102CML from Tequipment.net.  So far I love the scope. Here are the things that swayed me from the Rigol 1102.  (Larger display, larger memory depth, Physical knobs for both channels, quieter fan)

I also considered the Hantek's and although the higher res display was a large draw, I didn't want to deal with the funny timebase  (2,4,8).

The only 2 annoyances I have found so far with the latest firmware is the fact that the probe compensation setting is reset to 1X when the Default setup key is pressed.  Also the scope always asks to choose the language on boot.

I hope these 2 issues are addressed in the next firmware revision.

Regards,

Steve
the 2 issues you said are not problems. they are designing issues.
1.default setup 1X is to restore the factory settings. Do you want it at 10X?
2.the language section on boot is for the customers to choose the language easier if you want to recover the version that do not have this section, please update the older .CFG file.

I attempted number 2 and this and it doesn't work. I already have the latest FW 5.01.02.32 but the error message is Product Type Does Not Match. How can I update for the latest version as this was posted in 2014 I guess the config file was for the version at the time.

Thanks
Contacted privately with this solution:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/msg1086598/#msg1086598
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline ApexMark

« Reply #1362 on: May 14, 2020, 04:14:59 pm »
New forum user, scope user and electronics enthusiast too. Hoping this is the right place to post this if it's of interest.

USB Print crash. Details (see "Update" further below for new info since this was first posted):

SDS1202X-E
FW 1.3.26
FPGA version 2019-06-12

After a couple days of using this brand new and wonderful equipment, and taking half a dozen screenshots onto a flash drive, today I inserted it into the scope, saw the "USB device detected" message, made some horizontal and vertical adjustments while the scope was 'Stopped' to get the screen the way I wanted it, pressed "Print."  No message. Apparent full crash: all buttons unresponsive, everything frozen. Had to hard unplug from wall.

The thumb drive may be of questionable quality. Therefore I'm going to buy an SD card reader adapter and leave it permanently on the scope, then simply remove the SD card to transfer the images to my computer which will have another adapter permanently on it.

As a retired software engineer I'd love to be able to try to repeat the crash to get data for the engineers but I'm too new into electronics and scope usage to feel comfortable risking my first beautiful equipment that I'd like to keep using without incident. I certainly don't want to hard unplug it again, it's so rude.

Kind regards,
Mark

[Update]: It's possible that on this crash, my setting had gotten changed or lost back to "IP" here (unsure what the default is):

Utility > I/O > "USB Device" may not have been selected, the "IP Set" button may have been.

I'm therefore thinking not in terms of a crash but rather code which is just sitting and polling or something and doesn't time out (or I never hit the time out).

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:00:53 pm by ApexMark »

Offline ApexMark

« Reply #1363 on: May 14, 2020, 08:26:11 pm »
I just had another hard crash related to saving, which required an unplug.

Save / Recall > Press to Save.  Machine hung for several minutes till I unplugged it. I don't have the details on the save type, as I noticed when I've restarted my changes were lost. I'll try to be more systematic but am becoming shy about anything related to saving.

I also have a new SD card via an adapter plugged in to the USB port.

Mark

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1364 on: May 14, 2020, 09:21:18 pm »
ApexMark
A few suggestions if I may as this behavior is unusual.
Your USB stick may have some file in the root that the scope doesn't like if you are booting with the stick installed.
Typically we use sticks formatted in FAT32.
Not sure if a SD card adapter works....never tried it.

Hard OFF results in lost settings so when ON again settings from the last proper soft OFF are returned.
I recommend you get some proper soft OFF's so the OS sorts itself out .....maybe with a factory Default so to start again at a known good point.

Please give us any further clues to why/when/how this happens if you can......and welcome aboard.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1365 on: May 16, 2020, 07:48:18 am »
I just had another hard crash related to saving, which required an unplug.

As I have also had too many "USB Print" related crashes, I went back to FW 1.3.23 and they were gone - for ever!!! Please do me a favour and also go back, just observing USB savings vs. crashes: If you also have no problem with 1.3.23 at all, it has something to do with 1.3.26! ...it is better to have a working Scope with 1.3.23, than too many crashes with always being forced pulling the plug...

SDS1202X-E Firmware (2-Channel Model) – 1.3.23 (Release Date 09.27.18)
https://www.siglent.eu/downloads

The following users thanked this post: ApexMark

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1366 on: May 16, 2020, 08:46:58 am »
I've experienced a lot of hard crashes when taking screenshots as well, on my SDS1204X-E, fw v6.1.33.
I'm always a bit worried when pressing the button. Was wondering if I was the only one having this issue, but seems like I'm not. Maybe it's possible to get Siglent to improve it then?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1367 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:06 pm »
Siglent are running a year long review competition with prizes of equipment for written and video reviews.
Details here:
https://siglentna.com/news-article/win-siglent-x-scope-or-x-generator-just-for-giving-us-a-review/

Prizes include:
SDS1104X-E 100 MHz 4ch DSO
SDG2042X 40 MHz 2ch AWG
SDS2104X Plus 100 MHz 4ch DSO

Defpom does an introduction:
https://youtu.be/0V0P4XEjYI4

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline kvd

• Contributor
« Reply #1368 on: May 31, 2020, 02:05:34 pm »
Hi,

I found another bug in the latest firmware of the SDS1202X-E oscilloscope. It may have been found and mentioned by others as well, but for me it was a new one. 

The bug is about the calculation of dBVrms values in the  FFT screen.  The bug can be shown in one single screenshot. See attached screenshot.

There is a 284mV (rms) signal on channel 2, see measurement. In the FFT it is shown as a -10.8 dBVrms signal. This is not correct. It should be 10*log(0,284)=-5.4. The error results from the squaring of the voltage (from dBm calculations), which is not appropriate in dBVrms calculations. It results in the factor 2 error.

Can anyone confirm this, or did I make a mistake?

If this is indeed a bug, I hope Siglent will solve it in the next firmware release. I am running firmware version 1.3.26, which as far as I know is the latest available version.

Greetings, Koen.

Offline Roger Need

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1369 on: May 31, 2020, 05:50:30 pm »

I found another bug in the latest firmware of the SDS1202X-E oscilloscope. It may have been found and mentioned by others as well, but for me it was a new one. 

The bug is about the calculation of dBVrms values in the  FFT screen.  The bug can be shown in one single screenshot. See attached screenshot.

There is a 284mV (rms) signal on channel 2, see measurement. In the FFT it is shown as a -10.8 dBVrms signal. This is not correct. It should be 10*log(0,284)=-5.4. The error results from the squaring of the voltage (from dBm calculations), which is not appropriate in dBVrms calculations. It results in the factor 2 error.

Can anyone confirm this, or did I make a mistake?

Yes you made a simple mistake.  When doing dBVrms calculation the formula is 20*log(measured_rms_voltage/1).  So in your example we get 20*log(0.284) = -10.93 dBVrms which is what Siglent calculated.    For power calculations we use 10*log and for voltage 20*log.

Roger

Offline edigi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1370 on: June 02, 2020, 02:29:57 pm »
In the SDS5k models (but probably SDS2k+ as well) in the FFT peak table there are only 3 digits used for frequency (the issue is highlighted in the attached screen capture).
Considering the high number of FFT points and as an outcome the excellent frequency resolution (delta f is indicated as 2.38kHz) this is not sufficient in many cases to distinguish the peaks.
If possible, more digits should be used (2-3 digits more, especially in the higher frequency range).

Offline seronday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1371 on: June 08, 2020, 06:49:51 am »
I have a Siglent SDS2104X Plus that has failed to reboot after a firmware upgrade from 1.3.5R3 to the current version 1.3.5R5.

The upgrade appeared to be going correctly until the unit rebooted.
After that it now only shows the Siglent startup screen.
There are no lights flashing and no sounds of relays clicking.

Forum member tautech has been kindly providing assistance with resolving this issue.
Have tried the rapid, repeated pressing of the Math button while booting as suggested by tautech but this boot freeze solution appears not to work with the Plus model or maybe just this problem.

There were no obvious reasons for the upgrade failure, although I did later discover that the USB stick used for the upgrade appeared to have an intermittent connection when used in a laptop.

Prior to this the DSO was operating very well.
So far I had been quite impressed with this model from Siglent.

Currently waiting for a recovery solution from Siglent ...........

Regards.

Offline seronday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1372 on: June 08, 2020, 11:51:18 am »
This upgrade failure has now been solved.
Siglent, via tautech, have provided recovery files which restored the SDS2104X Plus back to normal.

Tautech's assistance and Siglents speedy response are greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1373 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:16 pm »
This upgrade failure has now been solved.
Siglent, via tautech, have provided recovery files which restored the SDS2104X Plus back to normal.

Tautech's assistance and Siglents speedy response are greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Sweet, well done !  :-+
Enjoy your 2kX Plus.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline edigi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1374 on: June 10, 2020, 05:48:38 am »
I've experienced a strange phenomenon with SDS5k model when using FFT output as source for cursors (Firmware: 0.9.1B2, markers are OK).
The span (delta X) indicated via cursors is 10 times the actual span (so with 200MHz real span the cursor from leftmost to rightmost indicate 2GHz as delta X). The frequency location (X value) at the cursor location is also wrong, matches the wrong span + shifted as well (Y/delta Y values are correct).

Is there a way to directly report to Siglent this kind of potential bugs/strange issues?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf