Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 527214 times)

Offline Arturcd

Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1475 on: February 25, 2021, 10:27:45 pm »
Hi all,
I have siglent shs806 scoope with burned measure board.
2 resistors burned but I don't know their value. They have numbers RW36 and RW37. Maybe you can help me.
Thank you in advance

Offline Tjuurko

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1476 on: February 26, 2021, 03:16:23 am »
You can try to compare with a typical wiring diagram:
https://cdn.hackaday.io/files/21300911299200/FS9922-DMM4-DS-13_EN.pdf

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1477 on: February 26, 2021, 08:04:36 am »
Hi all,
I have siglent shs806 scoope with burned measure board.
2 resistors burned but I don't know their value. They have numbers RW36 and RW37. Maybe you can help me.
Thank you in advance
Welcome to the forum.

RW36 = SMD code 47A = 301 Ω
RW37 = SMD code 1001 = 1k

Both confirmed as correct with SMD tweezer measurements in circuit.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1478 on: March 16, 2021, 06:34:09 pm »
Just a note stating Siglent's branch in the EU has a new address:

SIGLENT Technologies Germany GmbH
Add: Staetzlinger Str.  70
86165 Augsburg, Germany
Tel: +49(0)-821-666 0 111 0
Fax: +49(0)-821-666 0 111 22
info-eu@siglent.com
www.siglenteu.com
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #1479 on: March 17, 2021, 06:30:58 am »
Yep, Last year autumn it move.  ;)
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1480 on: March 17, 2021, 06:34:50 am »
Your autumn or my autumn ?  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1481 on: March 17, 2021, 08:56:39 am »
Your autumn or my autumn ?  ;)

It depends on where I am or have been  ;) ;)

But if look where Siglent EU subsidiary is...
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1482 on: March 22, 2021, 03:21:32 am »
In  Topic: "SDS2202X-E FPGA bug or broken?"

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sds2202x-e-fpga-bug-or-broken/

There is detected severe class trigger/acquisition bug in SDS2000X-E series oscilloscopes with latest FW 1.1.19R5
It need Urgently repair, better if repaired yesterday... than later.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:23:16 am by rf-loop »

Offline Blue

• Regular Contributor
  • Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
« Reply #1483 on: March 30, 2021, 09:00:48 pm »
Dear Siglent,

Can you comment on the extremely hot resistors as reported here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/the-siglent-sdg2042x-thread/msg3535852/#msg3535852

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1484 on: June 17, 2021, 12:46:36 pm »
continue my tests to understand where the freez problem derives from saving an image file on a USB key: I have often noticed that when I insert the key in the Siglent 1202x-e, it often recognizes it, then after a few seconds it ejects it, then recognizes it ... Sometimes, when it is recognized, if I move the key it ejects it ... I have already proceeded to slightly raise the two retaining tabs of the USB port, and I have also cleaned the contacts well ... I should check something else for prevent this from happening?   :-//

Online robert.rozee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1485 on: June 17, 2021, 02:29:15 pm »
i've struck USB flash drives where the plug's connection to the PCB inside has become intermittent, either the pins fracture and snap, or the pads get lifted off the PCB. if you can open up the drive, it may be worth checking. repair is usually possible, but rather fiddly.

these drives suffer quite a bit of abuse - carried round in pockets, knocked or bent while plugged in, the occasional trip through the washing machine!

cheers,
rob   :-)

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1486 on: June 17, 2021, 02:40:17 pm »
sure, but the unit is quite new and used with caution .. In the meantime I would rather not open the box ..
I did some tests on the + 5v that power the usb port: I have 5,175v on the port stably, even during the unit startup phases. So no usb power problem. But maybe the recognition of the usb stick happens through pins 2 and 3 I guess (and not pin 1 = + 5 and pin 4 = gnd).
Meanwhile I would just like to study it, if it were necessary I would be able to change the usb port of the siglent, but not now ...  :phew: :palm:

I remain convinced that the problem is software (firmware) and not hardware .. :-//

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #1487 on: June 17, 2021, 04:06:48 pm »
I will put link about SDG2000X in this topic siglent-sdg2042x-rotary-encoder-poor-performance
SDG2000X firmware improvement suggestion - make more responsive rotary encoder.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 04:08:30 pm by electr_peter »

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1488 on: June 17, 2021, 05:08:01 pm »
sure, but the unit is quite new and used with caution .. In the meantime I would rather not open the box ..
I did some tests on the + 5v that power the usb port: I have 5,175v on the port stably, even during the unit startup phases. So no usb power problem. But maybe the recognition of the usb stick happens through pins 2 and 3 I guess (and not pin 1 = + 5 and pin 4 = gnd).
Meanwhile I would just like to study it, if it were necessary I would be able to change the usb port of the siglent, but not now ...  :phew: :palm:

I remain convinced that the problem is software (firmware) and not hardware .. :-//

Has the USB stick possibly got a boot sector that's trying to boot and being rejected? Also check that the contacts aren't oxidised (on both sides) or lost their spring.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1489 on: June 18, 2021, 07:11:52 am »

Has the USB stick possibly got a boot sector that's trying to boot and being rejected? Also check that the contacts aren't oxidised (on both sides) or lost their spring.

McBryce.

I don't know, I tried with at least 6 different keys.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1490 on: June 19, 2021, 08:46:43 am »

SIGLENT Technologies Germany GmbH
Add: Staetzlinger Str.  70
86165 Augsburg, Germany
Tel: +49(0)-821-666 0 111 0
Fax: +49(0)-821-666 0 111 22
info-eu@siglent.com
www.siglenteu.com

does made the Siglent FW update business nor even better, while waiting from there now for month for the SDG2K modulation bug to fix  >:D and any more

In other words a customer survey is from those Godfather company would show up the real business model..... so best to sent the gear back all within a big container to rent  :-DD

Hp

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1491 on: June 19, 2021, 09:52:29 am »
I have been waiting for 1 year to fix the 1202x-e fw, but everything is silent...
I'll try to put an old fw, I read that it should probably not have the problem with the print key; if so ....
 I'm almost willing to sell this tool and get one (of another brand, of course)
 :-//

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1492 on: June 21, 2021, 09:03:38 pm »
Siglent sds1000 (my is 1202x-e)
The oscilloscope crashes many times when press print key  :--
I tried at least 10 sticks, even small ones, always the same story.
I read that someone returning the penultimate firmware had no more problems.
Looking at the firmware updates, I saw that the creation (unnecessary) of the PNG folder has been implemented.
From tests done, the bug happens much less (but it happens the same anyway) if when you save the png files on the pc, then you don't delete the PNG folder from the stick.
However, I am convinced that if the Siglent engineers wanted to review the updates from the penultimate to the latest firmware (in png files, the Print button, the USB key) they could provide customers with a bug-free firmware!
thanks
 :popcorn:

I tried to reply but the server cocked up... again!

I won't bother you with details and cut straight to the chase. If it's still within Siglent's three year warranty, I suggest you try making a claim since you seem to be suffering a hardware, rather than a firmware, issue.

I've had mine since November 2018 with no such problems and applied the latest firmware update nearly two years ago. There may never be another firmware update but you can take heart from the fact that Siglent haven't yet indicated that it's getting close to EoL, unlike the SDS2000X Series.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:07:46 pm by Johnny B Good »
John

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1493 on: June 21, 2021, 10:25:45 pm »
I have been waiting for 1 year to fix the 1202x-e fw, but everything is silent...

I was waiting for 3 + 1/2 years, before I gave up. :o
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-cml-firmware/msg1197693/#msg1197693
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1494 on: June 21, 2021, 11:35:06 pm »
I had read about a user who had solved the problems with the penultimate fw: I tried, the problem is gone ... no more rain dance is needed, superstition ... even pressing the print button repeatedly the device works fine. Moral of the story: Siglent engineers in compiling the latest fw of 1202 made some mistake which leads to that problem (it can be for a certain batch of devices)
If I had access to the compilation of the fw I think I would find the bug too ...
There is no desire to solve problems, it's much easier to develop new products to launch on the market!
Quite disappointed!  :--

Note for those who have the siglent 1202 and suffer from the blocking problem by pressing the print key: you too try to load the penultimate fw, you will see that the problem disappears

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1495 on: June 22, 2021, 03:45:28 pm »
 Thanks for that tip and glad to hear that you found a work around fix to the problem.

I'll keep that in mind if I start seeing that apparently one time lock up event I experienced a few weeks ago on a more regular basis.

Just to be clear, by 'penultimate firmware update' you're referring to the 1.3.23 released 2018-09-27 ? I'm currently on firmware 1.3.26 EN dated 2019-08-07(??? see below). Looking at the creation dates on the download folders, I seem to have applied that update less than 4 weeks after its release (2019-06-17 according to the revision history pdf).

I note I also have folders for the three preceding firmware updates all dated 2019-02-19. That just means I'd downloaded those as a precautionary measure in case an issue like yours were to arise. After my experience with uBlox's shit attitude to archiving old versions of u-centre, I didn't want to take the risk of the earlier firmware versions suddenly vanishing from all existence. ::)

I doubt I'm not the only one who grabs what they can whilst it's still there for the taking, especially when it comes to earlier, perhaps less demanding of the hardware, firmware versions that could prove to be a 'Life Saver' should a new bug arise or an ageing effect make itself felt with the latest, perhaps more demanding firmware.

Although I've been using the SDS2104X+ (long since updated to the 2504 spec) for the past 11 months, I've no intention of selling my trusty 1202X-E, it's just too usefully portable and economic of power consumption (2/22W versus the 4/54W of the 2104), hence my using it for testing the fridge startup current surge demand (plus it starts up in just 16 seconds versus the 46 seconds it takes for the 2104 get up off its fat arse and actually do something more useful than displaying its "Blinken Lights")  :) ).
John

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1496 on: June 22, 2021, 11:06:53 pm »
Thanks for that tip and glad to hear that you found a work around fix to the problem.

ehi johnny, the firmware number is correct the date no; but I downloaded the fw from the europe site
https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds1000x-e-series

you maybe from the America site?
however the ADS file is the same I think ...

In my case, with the last fw the problem is a pain in the ass: you rule the settings and when I want to save the image I press print and often everything crashes. I have to unplug from the home network, restart, set the Silgent again .. and light a few candles!
With the penultimate firmware (1.3.23) saving with the print key is immediate, never a crash!

If Siglent engineers don't fix the latest firmware, I SELL this Siglent and turn to other manufacturers.
They certainly caused the problem by integrating one of the 10 points of improvement that the latest fw 1.3.26 brings.

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1497 on: June 23, 2021, 12:15:18 am »
 Comparing the date shown on the American site suggests this is where I download my update from (I'm in the UK).

https://siglentna.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds1000x-e-series

Perhaps there is a subtle difference between the two differently dated 1.3.26 version ADS files?
John

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1498 on: June 23, 2021, 12:47:15 am »

Perhaps there is a subtle difference between the two differently dated 1.3.26 version ADS files?

in my opinion no difference, the bugs fixed (see pdf) seem the same to me. The size in bytes is also the same.
Tomorrow I load the latest version, but I'm sure the problems with the print key will come back .. I'll let you know
For sure I don't keep a device with an old fw and with a dozen recognized bugs.

night  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline nicoreflex

« Reply #1499 on: August 12, 2021, 02:19:21 am »
Hi, I'm from Argentina, I'm writing with the google translator.
i bought a singlet sds 2302 oscilloscope and i want to make it work with lxi tools but it won't detect it.
I can ping the oscilloscope and it sends and receives packets ok.
with lxi discover no service foud
with lxi discover -m no service found but with
lxi scpi -a 192.168.1.43 ¨ * IDN? ¨ it detects it for me
* IDN siglent, sds2302, xxxx, 1.2.2.2
and I can only take screenshot ok ..
some way to install it so that it detects it and can record video ??? .. thank you very much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf