Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 527183 times)

Offline PeterSD

• Contributor
    • Photography
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:22 pm »
@PeterSD

SDS1000 series connects no problem to the previous Easyscope3 after a simple install.(DSO not connected during install)
However Easyscope3 is no match for EasyscopeX for usability and functionality.

Yes it seems SDS1000 series connection is problematic to ES X.
Drivers accepted and has active/valid USB connection but DSO not seen by ES X.

But it needs sorting out with clear guidelines for a seamless trouble free install.

I'll point Jade at Siglent to this, he will have the answers.

Thanks for your help. I never believed I was completely alone with this issue and fixing it will avoid others having the problems I have experienced.

I shall wait for a solution and continue to use the oscilloscope as a stand alone item. It would be nice to be able to print the test results but I shall try to photograph the screen as a record (my printer is wireless).

Best wishes

Peter

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #326 on: December 17, 2014, 09:34:33 pm »
@ PeterSD
Use a USB pen drive to capture screen shots in the meanwhile. Use the white "Print" key.
This is probably the most common way of recording waveforms.

Easyscope provides a better "linked' solution but its easy to open the USB capture in a picture viewer, then send to printer or compress them to a more manageable size for documents or to post here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:49:04 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline PeterSD

• Contributor
    • Photography
« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2014, 10:40:32 pm »
@ PeterSD
Use a USB pen drive to capture screen shots in the meanwhile. Use the white "Print" key.
This is probably the most common way of recording waveforms.

Easyscope provides a better "linked' solution but its easy to open the USB capture in a picture viewer, then send to printer or compress them to a more manageable size for documents or to post here.

Thanks again. I have attached an image of the test/calibration signal to prove to myself this can be done.
Best wishes

Peter

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #328 on: December 17, 2014, 11:14:02 pm »
Easy ay.  ;D
My advice re scope use and Auto Set.
Resist the urge to continually use it.
It omits all previous settings, some often laboriously set.

Learn the features and capabilities of your DSO and how to apply them to best effect.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline PeterSD

• Contributor
    • Photography
« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:01 pm »
Easy ay.  ;D
My advice re scope use and Auto Set.
Resist the urge to continually use it.
It omits all previous settings, some often laboriously set.

Learn the features and capabilities of your DSO and how to apply them to best effect.

A dream to use. It certainly will be a good stop gap until the PC connection is fixed.

Thanks also for your advice on using Autoset. I was just being idle to get the reference waveform on screen. At last I can use the scope properly for the purpose it was purchased.
Best wishes

Peter

Offline SiglentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2014, 02:14:54 am »
Peter,
the first thing I want to confirm is the model and software version of your unit.
If the firmware is 5.XX.XX.XX please watch the video and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHhy0yP7_s
and download the EasyscopeX here http://www.siglent.com/2014EnglishWebsite/Firmware&Software/Software/EasyScopeX-EN-B02D01P05.rar
while the firmware is 3.XX.XX.XX, please use old Easyscope3.0 http://www.siglent.com/2014EnglishWebsite/Firmware&Software/Software/EasyScope.rarand install the driver through the instruction.
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline PeterSD

• Contributor
    • Photography
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2014, 11:29:50 am »
Peter,
the first thing I want to confirm is the model and software version of your unit.
If the firmware is 5.XX.XX.XX please watch the video and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHhy0yP7_s
and download the EasyscopeX here http://www.siglent.com/2014EnglishWebsite/Firmware&Software/Software/EasyScopeX-EN-B02D01P05.rar
while the firmware is 3.XX.XX.XX, please use old Easyscope3.0 http://www.siglent.com/2014EnglishWebsite/Firmware&Software/Software/EasyScope.rarand install the driver through the instruction.

Versions of my SDS 1102CML

Software 5.01.02.22
Hardware 11.62-3.5

I am running Windows 7 Service Pack 1

To make another clean start, I removed EasyScopeX and 3.5.2 Run time from my computer and restarted windows to complete the un installs .

I watched the video and downloaded the software in your link above 

I tried to install .Net framework 3.5 Service pack 1 then ran into some issues (see images below):

From this I conclude (as I have previously said) that my version of windows already has net framework 3.5 Service pack 1 installed
as part of the standard windows package. The warnings suggest that the installation I have tried to make is an OLDER version. From what I have read, .Net framework is backwards compatible and therefore I need not have installed it.

I am stopping at this point but shall continue when I have confirmation that I can proceed.
Best wishes

Peter

Offline PeterSD

• Contributor
    • Photography
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:11 pm »
I am trying to clarify the html document regarding System Requirements. Please see attached file which puts things in a better order as far as .Net framework is concerned. The video carries out a step prior to installing the NI 5.1.2 run time. I cannot find any links to the site to carry out this part of the video demonstration.
Best wishes

Peter

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:27 pm »
I am trying to clarify the html document regarding System Requirements. Please see attached file which puts things in a better order as far as .Net framework is concerned. The video carries out a step prior to installing the NI 5.1.2 run time. I cannot find any links to the site to carry out this part of the video demonstration.
The link is in EasyScopeXEN.chm in the root folder of EasyscopeX on the CD
Scroll down to find it.

SEE POST https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/msg569961/#msg569961
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:17:22 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline PeterSD

• Contributor
    • Photography
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »
The link is in EasyScopeXEN.chm in the root folder of EasyscopeX on the CD
Scroll down to find it.

I cannot find the link. The only link is the ni 5.1.2 link.

I am using the html document that was included in the zipped file in the link provided by Siglent. I believe this was intended as a comprehensive set of instructions. The changes I have made so far try to make some sort of ordered instructions.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:10:04 pm by PeterSD »
Best wishes

Peter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2014, 02:41:18 am »
Hi Guys, sorry to let you wait so long. today I bring a Christmas gift for you—the new firmware(1.01.01.37.2) of SDS2000 series. please download it from here http://siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Firmware&Software/firmware/SDS2000-1.01.01.37.2.rar
Attention:please Update the .CFG file first
Enhancements
1. Update CAN, LIN decode function
2. Update digital channel function
3. Update trigger system
4. Add Cursors in MSO mode
5. Several known issues
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:09:41 am by Siglent »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #336 on: December 24, 2014, 12:42:05 pm »
Hi Guys, sorry to let you wait so long. today I bring a Christmas gift for you—the new firmware(1.01.01.37.2) of SDS2000 series. please download it from here http://siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Firmware&Software/firmware/SDS2000-1.01.01.37.2.rar
Enhancements
3. Update trigger system
5. Several known issues

Please clarify.
There is attached  instructions (pdf file)  in SDS2000-1.01.01.37.2.rar  file.
Do you mean  instructions in pdf file are wrong? 

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2014, 07:21:18 pm »
Enhancements
3. Update trigger system
5. Several known issues

Please clarify.
Here are the amended Firmware install instructions:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2014, 07:28:50 am »
Enhancements
3. Update trigger system
5. Several known issues

Please clarify.
Here are the amended Firmware install instructions:

Yes, if read pdf instructions top to down as usually peoples read, order is first FW then CFG. Now Siglent tell this order is wrong. If this is really wrong then pdf instructions need correct. This is because important segment of users do not read intsructions from EEVblog, if even know this forum.

Ed: It looks like now (or after I downloaded)  information is added to download side. (but not corrected in update instructions pdf.)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:10:15 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #339 on: December 25, 2014, 11:48:14 am »
What are the symptoms when the CFG file for the SDS2000 is updated as the last step (like I did)?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #340 on: December 25, 2014, 07:54:53 pm »
What are the symptoms when the CFG file for the SDS2000 is updated as the last step (like I did)?
If CFG file was installed at the same time as the ADS file (main update) I don't think there are any problems.
I got the CFG file installed an hour or two after the main update, without it the sympton is a boot screen fault.

AFAIK the order of install for the 2 files does not matter, just they are both needed.

Why the firmware was 2 files I am not sure, they are usually only 1 file.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #341 on: December 25, 2014, 09:10:59 pm »
If CFG file was installed at the same time as the ADS file (main update) I don't think there are any problems.
I got the CFG file installed an hour or two after the main update, without it the sympton is a boot screen fault.

AFAIK the order of install for the 2 files does not matter, just they are both needed.

Why the firmware was 2 files I am not sure, they are usually only 1 file.

Also SDS1000L models have .cnf file.
This is just "wild speculation" (or not so wild). It include "perhaps" boot screen image (and some other information).

Perhaps I can make my own boot screen with my brand.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:15:31 pm by rf-loop »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #342 on: December 25, 2014, 09:38:02 pm »
Perhaps I can make my own boot screen with my brand.
;D  >:D  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline monz

• Contributor
« Reply #343 on: December 27, 2014, 08:16:53 pm »
Hello, I posted in another thread about a potential problem with my SPD3303D power supply.

It seems that the current meters do not work correctly in series mode. Current is only measured for channel 1 (and whatever is displayed on channel 1 is displayed on 2). This is ok when a load is only across both supplies (current would be equal here, still shouldn't be assumed), but load between common and either side while in series mode, current is only measured for channel 1. Channel 2 will show 0A when load is across common and channel 2. Likewise, when the load is only between channel 1 and common, channel 2 meter shows the same load as 1, with nothing connected.

This seems like a software bug, if they're wired in series externally with a jumper, everything works as expected. Maybe hardware limitation, I would assume pressing series just places a connection between the to the same as an external jumper and sets the software to lock the two channel control together so they track (option to not track should be included)

Attachments show connections with load on only one side at a time in series mode.

Additionally I'm unable to update the firmware, it says "This file does not match the device!"

Any ideas, am I missing something?

Details are in the post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-spd3303d-series-bug/

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2014, 11:06:08 am »
I hope siglent give full detailed and perfect answer how this PSU outputs are working exatly. Including full explanation about front panel  Common  mark under CH2 negative pole when used in series mode.

Also more read before answer can find here in other thread..
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-spd3303d-series-bug/

These kind of things need be fully and accurately explained in user manual and data sheet.

This kind of information need develop better, far better.

Offline CosPhi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2015, 02:26:37 pm »
*** SHS1062 Problems ***

Hello, I just would like to ask if there will be ever again a firmware update for the SHS1062 because there are still "some" problems ...

The scope does work pretty well in short timebases and "short memory" mode. But the scope almost doesn't work at all in "long memory" mode longer timebases.

So problems in "long memory" mode ...

- In shorter timebases after stopping the scope it is way off the trigger point.

- In longer timebases there is no indication if the scope really is ready for the trigger or if it is still filling the memory before the trigger point. With a 10s/div timebase and the trigger point in the center I guess it does need about 2 minutes to be ready. But there is no indication for it. After stopping the record it also can be, there is nothing on the screen of the scope ... so it is really not possible to work in this long timebases with long memory at all.

- After recording with 1/div the timebase is wrong after zoom in (picture below).

- Also other longer timebases it mix up things also (2nd picture below) but at least the timebases are ok.

- Why are single shots just in short memory mode possible?

There are also some other smaller things ...

Scope Trend Plot:
- The probe (x10 or wathever) is not included. So the showed value is the "wrong", 10 times to small with a x10 probe.

- When the scope is stopped and you would like to start the recorder just channel 1 is showed but not channel 2.

Scope Recorder:
- Zoom in doesn't work well ...

Over all the scope:
- The colors combinations at least in inverted color mode (black background) are not not always chosen so lucky (yellow letters on green backround).

- Different color for the traces. In scope mode ch1: yellow/ ch2: light blue. In recorder mode ch1: blue / ch2: red

Scope measurement function:
I guess I never used to do use measure functions with another scope but I guess something is at least a bit wrong or bad implemented, so ...

- It seems not possible to measure the Phase shift between Ch1 and Ch2 if not both are clean sinus waves. So it is not possible often to measure the phase shift between a voltage on Ch1 and a current Ch2 (from a clamp).

- So I did measure the time from when the voltage goes thru 0 from Ch1 and Ch2.
Source > Ch1 / Type > FRR
The problem here is, example 50Hz/ 20ms per wave, if Ch2 is more than 10ms behind, let's say 15ms behind, the scope just say
FRR:5ms
I think it should be 15ms with Ch1 as source (or at least -5ms).

Scope with Filter:
- When the scope is running everything is fine. But after stopping just the original/unfiltered waveform is showed ... and the filter function is turned off in the menu, so you have to enable the filter each time again after stop/start ...

Firmware : 3.01.02.01
Harware : 1-21-3.3
Serial No : SHS000031300x (I guess the last digit doesn't matter)

Special the thing with the "long memory" mode bothers me because I bought the scope because of the 2Mpoint memory. Also the filter thing, I often use the filter in combination with the AC/DC current clamp on smaller currents to get a cleaner waveform.

I don't understand why there is for over one year no firmware update again for the scope.

Apropos "over a year" ... happy new year anyway  ^-^ ... I hope to see new firmware soon :-\

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #346 on: January 07, 2015, 08:42:32 am »
Thank you CosPhi, I duplicated your problems.
I  feedback these problems to the R&D department and we hope to release a new version before Chinese new year.

Offline Zbig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #347 on: January 07, 2015, 09:45:37 am »
Hi Siglent,

in the other thread, https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-spd3303d-series-bug/msg581704/#msg581704 , I've described the problem I have with my SPD3303S power supply. Apparently, they've silently revised the board, rotating the LCD 180 degrees and after I've upgraded my (presumably older version) hardware with the latest firmware posted on the Siglent website, everything displays upside down. There's no mention on the website that it's only applicable to some of the SPD3303Ss. I got in touch with Siglent but all they could offer was the firmware version even older than what I had before: 1.01.01.01.03 vs. 1.01.01.01.03R1. That's a really weird situation, please help me solve that.

Siglent America

« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2015, 03:29:37 pm »
Greetings again!

I wanted to let everyone know that if you happen to be in the Silicon Valley area of California the week of January 25, Siglent will have a booth (#1245) at the DesignCon show at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Exhibition days are January 28 & 29. Two of us from Cleveland will be there as well as one of our factory people.

If you are planning on attending the show we would love to say hello so please stop by! We will have several new prototypes of equipment coming out later this year, including one of our new spectrum analyzers.

Warm regards,
Steve

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2015, 06:10:24 pm »
We will have several new prototypes of equipment coming out later this year, including one of our new spectrum analyzers.
Steve, give a hint to the specs of this new series of  Siglent Spectrum Analyzers.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf