Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 522899 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #925 on: November 13, 2017, 06:34:02 pm »
Hi ,
I have problems with the SDS-1202X-E .
1. Autosetup function - In most cases I need to press twice this key to get properly display . First pressing I getting a small scale signal , and after second press I get a full scale as it should on first time .
This is not always happen (sometimes work from fist attempt) and is not linked to warm-up period .
2.Some times (rarely) the values measured that are displayed on bottom screen , disappeared and I need to do a self calibration to make it measure again .(interesting behavior - upper hardware counter working , but the statistics are not working , in the meantime if I press All Measured Values , they appears on-screen for a 1-2 minutes with real-time readings , after which disappear replaced by dots like statistics and the four type of measurements from bottom screen... :wtf:).

I use the last firmware - V5.1.3.13
My question is if this behavior of the autosetup is present on the others scopes  or mine is defective , because I wish to use return period for online purchasing .

Thank you !
This ^ is being looked at in greater depth. Thanks for bring it to Siglents attention.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: skander36

Offline lundmar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #926 on: November 13, 2017, 06:59:02 pm »
From Tech support:
The command should the ':MMEMory:STORe PNG,print1.png' .  Need to add the file extension and the file will store to the local.

Additionally, is there an undocumented command to retrieve the file remotely via SCPI/LAN?
https://lxi-tools.github.io - Open source LXI tools
https://tio.github.io - A simple serial device I/O tool

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #927 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:54 am »

This ^ is being looked at in greater depth. Thanks for bring it to Siglents attention.
[/quote]
Thanks !
They will sending me a new mainboard as soon as in Hamburg will arrive the new boards (next month).
It seems that Siglent really care about customers .  :-+

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #928 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:01 pm »
Hi ,
I have problems with the SDS-1202X-E .
1. Autosetup function - In most cases I need to press twice this key to get properly display . First pressing I getting a small scale signal , and after second press I get a full scale as it should on first time .
This is not always happen (sometimes work from fist attempt) and is not linked to warm-up period .
2.Some times (rarely) the values measured that are displayed on bottom screen , disappeared and I need to do a self calibration to make it measure again .(interesting behavior - upper hardware counter working , but the statistics are not working , in the meantime if I press All Measured Values , they appears on-screen for a 1-2 minutes with real-time readings , after which disappear replaced by dots like statistics and the four type of measurements from bottom screen... :wtf:).

I use the last firmware - V5.1.3.13
My question is if this behavior of the autosetup is present on the others scopes  or mine is defective , because I wish to use return period for online purchasing .

Thank you !
I've got same behavior with autosetup button. This happens on small amplitude sine wave. On square autosetup works fine.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:54:31 pm by evgen.05 »

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #929 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:06 pm »
Mine has autosetup fails even on 9 V amplitude signals  sinus, square or triangular .
If there are systematic failures I think you must contact your supplier for a solution .

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #930 on: November 14, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »
Mine has autosetup fails even on 9 V amplitude signals  sinus, square or triangular .
If there are systematic failures I think you must contact your supplier for a solution .
I think it's a firmware bug. And I bought oscilloscope a long time ago, seller will not responding for this.

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #931 on: November 14, 2017, 06:10:42 pm »
SDS1202X-E was launched in April this year and is having 3 years waranty .

Offline evgen.05

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #932 on: November 14, 2017, 06:22:59 pm »
SDS1202X-E was launched in April this year and is having 3 years waranty .
I bought it from ali.

Offline DazA1

• Contributor
« Reply #933 on: November 29, 2017, 11:04:29 pm »
@tautech

In October I asked about the issues of the SHS1062 and you suggested to make a list.

I have written them up in the attached pdf.

If anyone has issues that are not in the pdf please state them here and i will add them.

I hope Siglent uses this to fix their firmware as it lets down an otherwise good product.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline mimmus78

• Supporter
« Reply #934 on: December 07, 2017, 08:53:52 am »
Anyone got response from:

info@siglent.com

or

support@siglent.com

?

I'm asking help for my SPD3303s that has a black screen since few days but I got no reply from them.

Should I toss 500 EUR power supply for a logic board problem?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #935 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:00 am »

info@siglent.com

or

support@siglent.com

?

I'm asking help for my SPD3303s that has a black screen since few days but I got no reply from them.

Contact Hamburg Siglent:
info-eu@siglent.com
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Orange

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #936 on: December 07, 2017, 09:35:31 am »

info@siglent.com

or

support@siglent.com

?

Is there no warranty of 3 years on this thing ?.....

Offline mimmus78

• Supporter
« Reply #937 on: December 07, 2017, 10:18:53 am »

info@siglent.com

or

support@siglent.com

?

Is there no warranty of 3 years on this thing ?.....
I got it something like 5 years ago ...

Offline mimmus78

• Supporter
« Reply #938 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:37 am »

info@siglent.com

or

support@siglent.com

?

Contact Hamburg Siglent:
info-eu@siglent.com
Fourth email sent.

Fingers crossed!

Siglent America

« Reply #939 on: December 11, 2017, 03:31:26 pm »

info@siglent.com

or

support@siglent.com

?

Contact Hamburg Siglent:
info-eu@siglent.com
Fourth email sent.

Fingers crossed!

Did you receive a response from someone at Siglent - EU?

Offline mimmus78

• Supporter
« Reply #940 on: December 11, 2017, 03:50:06 pm »
Yes, I was asked to do some checks ...

Offline DazA1

• Contributor
« Reply #941 on: December 12, 2017, 12:33:54 pm »
Can anyone tell me if Siglent have been made aware of my SHS1062 issues pdf i posted (Nov 30th).

Siglent America

« Reply #942 on: December 12, 2017, 03:36:14 pm »
Can anyone tell me if Siglent have been made aware of my SHS1062 issues pdf i posted (Nov 30th).

Would you please contact me directly at
Steve.Barfield@Siglent.com

Offline vladi552

« Reply #943 on: December 12, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
Steve, I'm sorry to contact you here, but it's very important for me. Please, let me know what you think about my suggestions to rearrange display information on X-E devices (post # 913).
Recently I work with two channels/signals and found that 4 automatic measurements shared between this two channals therefore only 2 measured values available for 1 channel to display. It's extremely low. Also font size is a bit small.
It's looking like good idea to place all auto measurements (up to 8 !!! or more) to the 'right column' of display (as suggested) with option to bigger font size.
Yes, it's very difficult work but... so wanted... Is there any hope?

Siglent America

« Reply #944 on: December 12, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »
Steve, I'm sorry to contact you here, but it's very important for me. Please, let me know what you think about my suggestions to rearrange display information on X-E devices (post # 913).
Recently I work with two channels/signals and found that 4 automatic measurements shared between this two channals therefore only 2 measured values available for 1 channel to display. It's extremely low. Also font size is a bit small.
It's looking like good idea to place all auto measurements (up to 8 !!! or more) to the 'right column' of display (as suggested) with option to bigger font size.
Yes, it's very difficult work but... so wanted... Is there any hope?

Thank you, vladi552

Yes, we have forwarded your ideas to the factory.

Thanks again

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #945 on: December 12, 2017, 06:46:20 pm »
Yes, shot through to the factory at least a week ago.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline kvd

• Contributor
« Reply #946 on: December 13, 2017, 08:12:35 pm »
On the SDS1202X-E for each channel the input impedance is shown in yellow or purple just above the vertical scale indication. This is rather useless since this scope can only use a 1M impedance. I'd rather see an indication of the probe attenuation.

In the various versions of the manual for this scope the text for this part of the screen has changed, but as far as I can see, every single one is wrong for the SDS1202X-E (I can't test for the other scopes in the 1000 series). Every version of the manual mentions that the scope attenuation is displayed on the screen, but I cannot find it  :o

Siglent: can the display of the input impedance be swapped for the probe attenuation?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #947 on: December 13, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »
On the SDS1202X-E for each channel the input impedance is shown in yellow or purple just above the vertical scale indication. This is rather useless since this scope can only use a 1M impedance. I'd rather see an indication of the probe attenuation.

Siglent: can the display of the input impedance be swapped for the probe attenuation?
This could be possible for the 2ch X-E as the ch indicators are only two and there is enough space then to make the indicator block larger and show probe attenuation also.
The GUI in the X-E range is common to 2kX, 1kX and 1kX-E models and only 1202X-E and 1kX models are two channel and have this room in the indicator bar for additions/changes.

Every version of the manual mentions that the scope attenuation is displayed on the screen, but I cannot find it
When you tap the channel activate/select button, the menu for that channel is shown at the foot of the display and the channel attenuation setting can be clearly seen, this is common to all Siglent DSO's.

Be sure to not hide the bottom menu with the button by the power switch.  ;)

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Siglent America

« Reply #948 on: December 13, 2017, 09:47:06 pm »

In the various versions of the manual for this scope the text for this part of the screen has changed, but as far as I can see, every single one is wrong for the SDS1202X-E (I can't test for the other scopes in the 1000 series). Every version of the manual mentions that the scope attenuation is displayed on the screen, but I cannot find it  :o

Later firmware solved this (switchable input impedance selection) problem so you might make certain that you have the latest FW for the SDS1202X-E. You can download it from our various Siglent websites, including here:
https://www.siglentamerica.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds1000x-e-series

Offline kvd

• Contributor
« Reply #949 on: December 13, 2017, 10:35:28 pm »
Maybe I should have made myself more clear:

The actual probe attenuation is not visible in the main display. Of course I know that you can find the attenuation in the channel menu, but I'd prefer it to be permanently visible on the main screen. Permanently visible instead of the input impedance, which is always 1M anyways.

See the attached pictures:

actual: this is the actual screen as it is now with the latest firmware. It shows impedance but not attenuation
wish: this is a copy from one of the sds1000 manuals, where it shows the attenuation in the channel display, and also the impedance
text: this is the text from the latest manual which seems to apply to the sds1202x-e

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf