Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 522822 times)

Offline SiglentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:47:31 am »
Hello fellow EEVbloggers,

I am a technical support engineer from Siglent, and so glad to offer effective technical support, trouble-shooting and problem solving for all Siglent products.

Also, we will appreciate if you could share your experiences and some improvement suggestions with us.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.

EDIT 12/19/2019
Jason Chonko, SIGLENT North America

Hello All,

To all of those new to SIGLENT, welcome. Thank you for your interest.

The EEVBlog is a tremendous resource and idea exchange full of people that want to help. But, if you can't find what you are looking for OR have an issue with a specific product, I recommend writing INFO@SIGLENT.COM and include as much detail as you can. Other than a phone call, this is the fastest way to get a response from the factory.

In an effort to organize our info, we've updated this first post to include a summary of all of the main SIGLENT Specific threads currently running on EEVBlog:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-new-bench-dmm-sdm3055/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-spd1168x-siglent-psu/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1204x-e-released-for-domestic-markets-in-china/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sva1015x-1-5ghz-spectrum-vector-network-analyzer-(coming)/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-ssa3000x-spectrum-analyzers/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sdl1000xsdl1000x-e-electronic-load/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/at-last-siglent_s-sds5054x-touchscreen/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/the-siglent-sdg2042x-thread/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sdg6000-series-awg_s/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sdg1000x-waveform-generators/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-ssg3000x-series-rf-signal-generators/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/the-sdg1000-and-sdg800-thread/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-e/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-plus-coming/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-985-siglent-sds1202x-e-oscilloscope-teardown/

Sincerely,
Jason, SIGLENT North America
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:34:37 pm by Siglent »
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

The following users thanked this post: Martin.M, videobruce, poundy, Relaxe, Hagrid, MegaVolt

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:24 am »
Thanks for joining!
Great to see manufacturers getting involved directly with users at the forum level.
Do you have a name, or will more than one support staff potentially use this account?

Offline kerrinal

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:26:14 am »
Are you the Original Equipment Manufacturer of owon?

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:45:45 am »
Are you the Original Equipment Manufacturer of Owon?

please stop that, you just posted so much crap and advertisement for your crap ebay shops (Trade_Spotting_Shop and profit_vanity) , really, nobody wish to buy anything from your shop. Nobody cares about the crap you selling, so please NO!

Btw, if you would know a little about business or what so ever then:
- you would know that if someone is OEM for someone else, an technical support would never ever said that in public
  (unless allowed by management and already known, but then such post is pointless anyway)

- you would know that Owon is based, since 2008, on FPGA+ARM SoC and Siglent since 2009 on FPGA +DSP.
  Nobody ever would drive two platforms. Not even for firmware development. Not even 20yrs ago, and for sure not today

- if Siglent where Owon OEM, why they would then not use the knowledge and improve (actually both need it somehow)
  their platforms?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:00:47 am by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:38:48 am »
I am a technical support engineer from Siglent, and so glad to offer effective technical support

I do have question for you: by comparing latest models with and without "long memory" i recognized that
these without long memory are using only 4 (dual) ADCs instead of 5 (dual) ADCs as on long-memory enabled models.

I know how both works, and know that both ways have pros and cons:

4ADC + less interleave distortion due better ratio of clock jitter on non-dedicated FPGA clockout pins
                       vs. phase shit needs for 1GSs and amount of ADCs.
                    - higher gain distortion due overclocked ADC (125MHz instead of 100MHz on each channel)
                    + costs (one less chip)

5ADC - more interleave distortion due worse ratio of clock jitter on non-dedicated FPGA clockout pins
                    + lower gain distortion due overclocked ADC (125MHz instead of 100MHz on each channel)
                    - costs (extra chip needed)

My question is actually why both ways? I mean if 5ADCs solution was working for years the change to 4ADCs can be
only price driven, no problem here to understand it, but when that's the way why only (i found it on 200MHz model,
so not the cheapest one) models without long memory are using 4ADCs?

Or maybe my pictures from models with long memory (here CA_M_110300 / SAT7.820.681K) are simply outdated ?
and Siglent is using everywhere 4ADCs (like on the pictures of CA_M_111000 / SAT7.820.681O with no long memory).

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:29:37 am »

I do have question for you: by comparing latest models with and without "long memory" i recognized that
these without long memory are using only 4 (dual) ADCs instead of 5 (dual) ADCs as on long-memory enabled models.

First of all, thank you for your attention and ask questions.
 the following answer for your reference:

The long memory is an additional memory chip supports

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:47:27 am by Siglent »

Offline Galaxyrise

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 03:46:03 am »
SDG1025 owner here, happy to see Siglent on the forums!
I am but an egg

The following users thanked this post: AE0TE

Offline grenert

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:07 am »

En anglais, s'il vous plait.

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:35:30 am »

Well, that answer is completely useless, since anybody with half a brain can figure that out.

I'm throwing the B.S. flag on this supposed "Siglent Tech Support" guy...
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

The only stupid question is, well, most of them...

Save a fuse...Blow an electrician.

Offline nuhamind2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:20 am »
Probably if not because language barrier, or not-so-technical customer support.
I sincerely hope it's the first one.

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 08:55:42 am »
Thanks for joining!
Great to see manufacturers getting involved directly with users at the forum level.
Do you have a name, or will more than one support staff potentially use this account?

very pleased to join the forum ,we are a team.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:03 am »
a team

so maybe can the a team answer my question above?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 10:40:45 am »
Maybe Siglent's engineering team should join and then pay Dave for the useful advice they got from this forum  >:D
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline valentinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »

I want to ask you something about the Siglent windows drivers... I have a Siglent SDG1020 AWG and a Siglent SDS1072CML oscilloscope, both with the same problem... The driver on the CD has a different hardware ID than the actual hardware ID of the equipment... And of course, because of this, Windows won't install those drivers... And even if I change the hardare IDs in the .inf file, the software won't see the equipment...

The scope and AWG works fine with the NI VISA drivers... but still the same problem... The Siglent software doesn't see anything connected on the USB...
Valentin

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 03:03:23 am »

I want to ask you something about the Siglent windows drivers... I have a Siglent SDG1020 AWG and a Siglent SDS1072CML oscilloscope, both with the same problem... The driver on the CD has a different hardware ID than the actual hardware ID of the equipment... And of course, because of this, Windows won't install those drivers... And even if I change the hardare IDs in the .inf file, the software won't see the equipment...

The scope and AWG works fine with the NI VISA drivers... but still the same problem... The Siglent software doesn't see anything connected on the USB...

The operating system of your computer is win7 64bit?
You may need install the version  5.1.2 of NIVISA.
It's the link: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2914/lang/en

Offline valentinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 09:17:17 am »
The operating system of your computer is win7 64bit?

I tried on Win7 32 bit, Win7 64 bit, Win XP, Win 8 64 bit... The result is the same, it does not matter which OS I use... The Siglent software doesn't see the instrument with the NI VISA drivers... But I'll try 5.1.2... As I don't recall what version I tried last time...
Valentin

Offline David Aurora

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 01:37:07 pm »
Ordered the SDS1102CML today, good to know there's readily available support here.

P.S. I assume the thing won't talk to my Mac?

Offline nixxon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »
Thanks for joining!

I would appreciate if each and every Siglent team member attributing here would sign their individual post with their name or anonymous ID-number, because then it is possible to backtrack the previous posts in the thread and figure out what the particular Siglent-representative should know about the thread history. I guess each and every Siglent representative do not have the time or ability to read all the previous posts in this thread...

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 10:41:01 pm »
Any info on these new Siglent scopes? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/spotted-new-birds-%28siglent%29/
Release date or specifications? Thank you in advance.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline zaoka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 10:44:19 pm »
Siglent SHS806,

Is TrendPlot feature available only for multimiter inputs or it does work on scope inputs as well?

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 01:22:57 am »
I don't think it is a good idea to post all problem in a in-line single multi page forum, as it would so difficult to locate a specific support issue, especially when you may have 2 concurrent issues overlapping.

I would like to call upon Dave to consider opening an other forum section for manufacturer support topics and child forums for each manufacture, then each problem can be search individually, hopefully without doubling up of same or similar issues.

I would appreciate if each and every Siglent team member attributing here would sign their individual post with their name or anonymous ID-number, because then it is possible to backtrack the previous posts in the thread and figure out what the particular Siglent-representative should know about the thread history. I guess each and every Siglent representative do not have the time or ability to read all the previous posts in this thread...

Thank you for your suggestion, we are exploring the establishment of a good way to serve you, your suggestions will be considered.

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 06:22:59 am »
Thanks for joining!

Some of the problems , we'll talk about in order to give more useful answer on this forum ,now , we are Investigating a better way for improving.
If , you could  provide some useful suggestions, we will be very pleased and Proper consideration

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 06:56:18 am »
Siglent SHS806,

Is TrendPlot feature available only for multimiter inputs or it does work on scope inputs as well?

yes,  the TrendPlot feature is also available for  32 kinds of measurement on scope inputs

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 01:14:51 am »
I am a technical support engineer from Siglent, and so glad to offer effective technical support

I know how both works, and know that both ways have pros and cons:

4ADC + less interleave distortion due better ratio of clock jitter on non-dedicated FPGA clockout pins
                    - higher gain distortion due overclocked ADC (125MHz instead of 100MHz on each channel)
                    + costs (one less chip)

5ADC - more interleave distortion due worse ratio of clock jitter on non-dedicated FPGA clockout pins
                    + lower gain distortion due overclocked ADC (125MHz instead of 100MHz on each channel)
                    - costs (extra chip needed)

My question is actually why both ways? I mean if 5ADCs solution was working for years the change to 4ADCs can be
only price driven, no problem here to understand it, but when that's the way why only (i found it on 200MHz model,
so not the cheapest one) models without long memory are using 4ADCs?

Or maybe my pictures from models with long memory (here CA_M_110300 / SAT7.820.681K) are simply outdated ?
and Siglent is using everywhere 4ADCs (like on the pictures of CA_M_111000 / SAT7.820.681O with no long memory).

1.long menmory
With and without "long memory" are all used 5ADCs, difference is whether there is memory chips.
There are tow series, SDS1000CML (with long memory) and SDS1000CNL (whitout long memory)

2.ADC
All the products did not use 4ADCs

3.200MHz model
It is used in other solution, with only one chip (2Gsa/s)

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 01:20:45 am »

2.ADC
All the products did not use 4ADCs

are you sure? i see here only 4 ADCs chips (two on top and two on bottom PCB side)

brand seems to be Siglent, hardware rev. CA_M_111000 / SAT7.820.681O

So ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf