Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 528495 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1500 on: August 12, 2021, 03:44:43 am »
Hi, I'm from Argentina, I'm writing with the google translator.
i bought a singlet sds 2302 oscilloscope and i want to make it work with lxi tools but it won't detect it.
I can ping the oscilloscope and it sends and receives packets ok.
with lxi discover no service foud
with lxi discover -m no service found but with
lxi scpi -a 192.168.1.43 ¨ * IDN? ¨ it detects it for me
* IDN siglent, sds2302, xxxx, 1.2.2.2
and I can only take screenshot ok ..
some way to install it so that it detects it and can record video ??? .. thank you very much
Welcome to the forum.

SDS2000 is an older model and does not appear on the list of LXI Tools supported instruments but as SCPI commands are common to many models you could have some functionality if you get a stable connection.
Some threads found with a search may be of help:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/need-help-connecting-siglent-1202x-e-scope-to-lxi-tools/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/open-source-lxi-tools-and-liblxi-v1-0-released-for-gnulinux/
And this from Siglent NA:
https://siglentna.com/video/quick-remote-computer-control-using-lxi-tools/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline nicoreflex

« Reply #1501 on: August 12, 2021, 08:31:13 pm »
Hello, thanks for the answer .. I understand that it is not compatible with lxi .. but with the easyscope program that is the one that brings the oscilloscope it would have to work well and when I connect it, apart from putting the equipment very slow, it does not show the oscillogram in real time has a lot of delay and only shows images at times.
We tested it on 3 oscilloscopes of the same model with some friends who bought the same ones and it happens exactly the same ...
we have installed firmware 1.2.2.2
I pass him a compressed video of what the oscilloscope looks like ..

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1502 on: August 12, 2021, 10:58:20 pm »
Hello, thanks for the answer .. I understand that it is not compatible with lxi .. but with the easyscope program that is the one that brings the oscilloscope it would have to work well and when I connect it, apart from putting the equipment very slow, it does not show the oscillogram in real time has a lot of delay and only shows images at times.
We tested it on 3 oscilloscopes of the same model with some friends who bought the same ones and it happens exactly the same ...
we have installed firmware 1.2.2.2
I pass him a compressed video of what the oscilloscope looks like ..
Which version of EasyScope are you using ?

When SDS2000 was available EasyScope worked fine but later it was EasyScopeX that may have problems with these older 2000 DSO's....I'm not sure.
Check for the latest EasyScopeX version here:
https://int.siglent.com/download/softwares/?CateIdss=1
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline nicoreflex

« Reply #1503 on: August 12, 2021, 11:16:41 pm »
Hi we tested all the easyscope versions of the siglent page .. and we tested the version that came with the original cd in the box (which should be the one that works) and it does the same.
We are 3 friends who bought this same model of oscilloscope in dhrim (official seller of Argentina of siglent) 6 months ago and we have not been able to make any of the three work with any version of the easyscope ... we have sent an email to the page siglent officer and they have not answered us .. that's why I really appreciate your collaboration ...
we don't know what else to do ...

Offline yi_min82

« Reply #1504 on: September 19, 2021, 01:47:43 am »
hi, i am new here. my friend gave me a SDS1102x-c , how to switch the language to english? now is chinese.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1505 on: September 19, 2021, 02:09:40 am »
hi, i am new here. my friend gave me a SDS1102x-c , how to switch the language to english? now is chinese.
Welcome to the forum.

X-C is a China only model so unless it can be converted to an international model you are unfortunately stuck with the Chinese UI.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1506 on: September 29, 2021, 05:16:26 pm »
Hello to all. I am one of the many happy owners of the SDS1204X-E oscilloscope.

I have a minor problem with the anti-glare panel in front of the display.

Since the purchase, looking at the panel against the light (with the device turned off), I notice the presence of two vertical bands of about 10mm in width, slightly lighter than the normal appearance of the bottom. I always gave up as I thought it was just dirt ...
A few days ago I tried cleaning the screen (even with some mild cleaner) but without success. I noticed this strange behavior: passing the damp cloth on the screen, near these bands, the water is arranged in such a way as to amplify the presence of these strange bands.

My question: have any of you noticed such problems on the display surface.
I also thought this fact is due to the presence of a thin display protective film that I have not removed but it does not seem to me that Siglent adopts these means.
Do you know if by chance there is a protective film to remove, because I do not see absolutely anything ...

Thanks a lot for the support!

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1507 on: September 29, 2021, 09:32:55 pm »
Hello to all. I am one of the many happy owners of the SDS1204X-E oscilloscope.

I have a minor problem with the anti-glare panel in front of the display.

Since the purchase, looking at the panel against the light (with the device turned off), I notice the presence of two vertical bands of about 10mm in width, slightly lighter than the normal appearance of the bottom. I always gave up as I thought it was just dirt ...
A few days ago I tried cleaning the screen (even with some mild cleaner) but without success. I noticed this strange behavior: passing the damp cloth on the screen, near these bands, the water is arranged in such a way as to amplify the presence of these strange bands.

My question: have any of you noticed such problems on the display surface.
I also thought this fact is due to the presence of a thin display protective film that I have not removed but it does not seem to me that Siglent adopts these means.
Do you know if by chance there is a protective film to remove, because I do not see absolutely anything ...

Thanks a lot for the support!
At one time these scopes came with a plastic display overlay with a red tab to pull to remove it however it has been a while since they have been shipped with such and now only touch screen models have this overlay.

See if you can take pictures showing this display problem then maybe we can advise if you should claim a warranty on it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1508 on: September 30, 2021, 08:49:30 am »
The imperfection of the screen panel is not very visible ... I will try to take some pictures.

Anyway, I don't think this issues justifies sending the instrument for repair (in my opinion, the risks would outweigh the benefits).

My idea would be to find the anti-glare panel as a spare part and replace it myself.
Do you know if Siglent can supply it as a spare part?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1509 on: September 30, 2021, 09:10:24 am »
The imperfection of the screen panel is not very visible ... I will try to take some pictures.

Anyway, I don't think this issues justifies sending the instrument for repair (in my opinion, the risks would outweigh the benefits).

My idea would be to find the anti-glare panel as a spare part and replace it myself.
Please get some pics if you can as Siglent should know if they have a problem with the display or glass.
Sorry I don't know if the glass is available and Siglent have just gone for 7 days holiday.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1510 on: September 30, 2021, 01:18:51 pm »
Have anyone compiled a bug list for the 1104x-e?

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1511 on: September 30, 2021, 06:27:54 pm »

Please get some pics if you can as Siglent should know if they have a problem with the display or glass.
Sorry I don't know if the glass is available and Siglent have just gone for 7 days holiday.

I did my best to highlight the defect found. Unfortunately in the picture you see very little what is quite evident to the naked eye.
In any case, the two vertical bands are clearly distinguished: the first in the center and the second on the right side of the screen.
By slightly wetting the screen, the water highlights the position of the two bands even better.

In my opinion I believe that the surface of the anti-reflective screen has been damaged by some processing residue...

The product was purchased in January 2021. I hope that Siglent recognizes the problem and will therefore send me the replacement of the anti-glare panel.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1512 on: September 30, 2021, 07:55:55 pm »
Try cleaning the screen with isopropyl alcohol.  It's what I use to keep these screens clean and it does a good job, without damaging it (I use the 70% stuff for this, typically).

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1513 on: October 04, 2021, 07:00:24 pm »

I did my best to highlight the defect found. Unfortunately in the picture you see very little what is quite evident to the naked eye.
In any case, the two vertical bands are clearly distinguished: the first in the center and the second on the right side of the screen.
By slightly wetting the screen, the water highlights the position of the two bands even better.

In my opinion I believe that the surface of the anti-reflective screen has been damaged by some processing residue...

The product was purchased in January 2021. I hope that Siglent recognizes the problem and will therefore send me the replacement of the anti-glare panel.
Finally heard back from Siglent Germany and they would like it returned to the service center.
I'll send you a PM.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1514 on: October 04, 2021, 10:10:34 pm »
Tautech, thank you so much for your kind support!!

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
    • webx.dk private hobby and diy stuff
« Reply #1515 on: October 28, 2021, 05:50:31 pm »
Hello Siglent,
have you a thread for POWERSUPPLIES ??

for example the SPD3303

I got a few ideas, comments, and FEATURE requests
in fact : I promise to purchase one more, only own 2 of them allready, and like 7 other siglent products,
if you are ready to make one more model
SAME case, same display, same buttons, and almost also the same software
use the case SPD3303
but change the specifications from
3 outputs, 30 V  3A (one extra output 2.5 3.3 5.0V)
to
3 outputs, 300 V  0.3A (one extra output 2.5 3.3 5.0V)

this should be only a new transformator
changed a few transistors and such for higher voltage
it will also mean the voltage and current resolution pr digit will be changed 10 up and 10 down
but that is perfectly ok..

please ask your customers if they like this unit ??
Radioamateur OZ2CPU, Senior EE at Prevas
EMC RF SMPS SI PCB LAYOUT and all that stuff.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1516 on: October 28, 2021, 06:15:08 pm »
160V is best they have right now and they can be series'd:
https://int.siglent.com/products-overview/sps5000x/
Check model specs for possibilities and limitations.

SPD3303X/X-E can also be series'd both by placing both channels in series and/or with multiple units up to the max isolation spec in the datasheet.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: oz2cpu

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1517 on: October 28, 2021, 07:58:31 pm »
Linear 0-300V has some special challenges.. It is not as straightforward for a lab supply. Protection circuits have to be a bit different, as is SOA (secondary breakdown of series transistor for instance) etc..
Energy has to be controlled. Loop compensation is trickier (large dV/dt is needed)..
Not impossible, but not exactly same architecture as lower voltage.
As Tautech said, there is 2x160V from Siglent. It is a switcher though and 360W per channel. Channels can be put in series and you get 320V/2.25A source with 720W total. Actually, a bit scary device..
It is very good, for instance for testing AB class power amplifiers...

AIM-TTi PL250 is 250V/0,375A single channel that is quite decent... 

The following users thanked this post: oz2cpu

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
    • webx.dk private hobby and diy stuff
« Reply #1518 on: October 28, 2021, 08:16:06 pm »
>Linear 0-300V has some special challenges.. It is not as straightforward for a lab supply.

why ?
the 0-30 is made using 4 taps in a transformator, and relays, then a linear regulator.
lets do the same
0-300V again in 4 taps. and again a linear,
remember i request x10 voltage, and 1/10 the current = same watt out
and of course this will be same watt lost in the heat sink,
this way all mecanical desigs can be reused.
NPN transistors or fets exist that handle this voltage, no problem at all.
i really want a linear type, since I want to know all the noise i see is comming from the DUT / own designs.

if this is too hard. I could accept 2 individual (like the 2 x 30V is actually)
0-160V but lets then ask for 0.6A each = same watts as the original design.

then I just end using them in series mode, not parallel (i prefered to parallel hi voltage gear, not series)

why do I need this :
working with small-size AC/DC supplies is a nightmare, getting accurate, input voltage, current, and watts in high resolution
of the AC input, and to be able to measure on it, is just a pain,
but they work just as good on DC input, now it is isolated and current limited, much more safe, and much easier to work with.

at the moment i do use isolated AC/AC and then a variable transformator, then rectifier, and different size fuses,
the voltage is quite stable and I can get my job done, but the setup is looking like a terrible mess,
I prefer a regulated, and current limited supply, with live watt readout in good stable high resolution like my two SPD3303X units got.
so I need like 5 units in series to make the 300 V DC I need, it will take up too much desk space and cost a fortune,
it could be really nice with a unit exactly SAME size. get my point ? or am i compleetly off ??
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 08:20:12 pm by oz2cpu »
Radioamateur OZ2CPU, Senior EE at Prevas
EMC RF SMPS SI PCB LAYOUT and all that stuff.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1519 on: October 28, 2021, 08:47:04 pm »
>Linear 0-300V has some special challenges.. It is not as straightforward for a lab supply.

why ?
the 0-30 is made using 4 taps in a transformator, and relays, then a linear regulator.
lets do the same
0-300V again in 4 taps. and again a linear,
remember i request x10 voltage, and 1/10 the current = same watt out
and of course this will be same watt lost in the heat sink,
this way all mecanical desigs can be reused.
NPN transistors or fets exist that handle this voltage, no problem at all.
i really want a linear type, since I want to know all the noise i see is comming from the DUT / own designs.

if this is too hard. I could accept 2 individual (like the 2 x 30V is actually)
0-160V but lets then ask for 0.6A each = same watts as the original design.

then I just end using them in series mode, not parallel (i prefered to parallel hi voltage gear, not series)

why do I need this :
working with small-size AC/DC supplies is a nightmare, getting accurate, input voltage, current, and watts in high resolution
of the AC input, and to be able to measure on it, is just a pain,
but they work just as good on DC input, now it is isolated and current limited, much more safe, and much easier to work with.

at the moment i do use isolated AC/AC and then a variable transformator, then rectifier, and different size fuses,
the voltage is quite stable and I can get my job done, but the setup is looking like a terrible mess,
I prefer a regulated, and current limited supply, with live watt readout in good stable high resolution like my two SPD3303X units got.
so I need like 5 units in series to make the 300 V DC I need, it will take up too much desk space and cost a fortune,
it could be really nice with a unit exactly SAME size. get my point ? or am i compleetly off ??

Yeah do that. Nothing wrong with that in theory. You do that, and then make a dead short on the output, and then disconnect short. Do it with two stranded cables, clear about 20 mm from both + and - and then unwind the strands and fluff them up a bit, and then spark away against each other... And let me know how it ended..

As I said, you need to control energy,  so small capacitors on output, which  makes it less stable. So you need design that handles that. But it needs to be fast, because, ideally it needs to swing 300V in  same time a low voltage one swing 30V...  Cascode for serial element are often used..etc etc.. Current limiter needs to be super fast, to prevent discharging that reservoir capacitor trough power transistor before it reacts.. at 300-400 V energy is substantial.
Actually some of the best (and most robust) HV PSU are made by using vacuum tubes for serial regulation element (like old HP-712B). One positive side with them is that they fail safe.. Unlike transistors that go short first and open only if there was enough energy that it already destroyed everything connected..
Switchers could be also made quite robust.

Also check GW Instek GPR-30H10D..

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1520 on: October 28, 2021, 10:38:56 pm »
Maybe he should start a new thread....

Offline Dave2121

« Reply #1521 on: November 29, 2021, 10:02:41 pm »
Hello,

I received a new SDS1104X-U from Amazon two days ago.  I've used scopes at work periodically as an embedded software guy, but wanted to have one at home for working on silly projects.

There are a few things that seem a bit off to me, hopefully it's just me.

1: I can't adjust the compensation to flatten out the calibration signal

As I adjust the compensation, the start of the pulse is always high.  As I adjust it gets kinda close, but then goes back up, never having hit level.

2: There is a fast periodic noise on the calibration signal:

You can also see the compensation issue there too. 
Still attached to the calibration signal, that noise when zoomed in can look like:

The compensation problem happens on other all channels:

Also, I see a glitch when I have the probe connected to it's own ground:
1335515-4
This is like 40-70 mV every 7.3ish us

Am I doing something wrong with this scope?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1522 on: November 29, 2021, 11:15:10 pm »
Hi Dave
Probes can only be compensated when set to 10x.
See P8
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/document/SDS1000X_E_SDS1000X_U_UserManual_EN.pdf

Depending on the room you're in and if there's local interference the scope will pick it up. Commonly LED lighting or noisy wallwarts.
Probe reference lead clipped to the probe tip make an excellent RF loop.......remember this as it can occasionally come in handy.    ;)

Oh and a sanity check to see if you're picking up local interference or if it's the scope is in the channel menu ...... GND input coupling.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:43:39 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Dave2121

« Reply #1523 on: November 30, 2021, 04:41:57 pm »
Hello,
Thank you very much for the response.

I did have the probe on 10x, but the scope was still set to 1x.  I changed it and it didn't make a differnce.
The adjustment only goes from close to properly compensated to over compensated.  I cannot adjust to any under compensated.
1336421-0

I did have fluorescent lights on, but turning them off didn't make a difference.  There aren't any powered wall warts very close.

This is the low value of the calibration signal showing the repeating noise:
1336427-1

The following is taken with the scope probe connected to the ground of the calibration. 
1336433-2

1336439-3

I'm not sure exactly what steps to take for your sanity check.  I will check the channel coupling and set to GND, but should the probe be attached and if so, connected to what?

My questions:
Shouldn't I be able to obtain at least a little under compensation?
Like focusing a camera, it helps to be able to balance back and forth to find the right setting.

What is the 130kHz ish spike and how do I get rid of it?

Offline Dave2121

« Reply #1524 on: November 30, 2021, 07:21:43 pm »
I had emailed Siglent and the response I received said it did sound like a hardware issue and suggested returning it to Amazon.

I like the feel and use of the scope, heavier than I expected which make it feel pretty solid.  I'll have to see if I can exchange it.

Thanks for the help.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf