Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 330929 times)

Offline EEhopeful.

• Contributor
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #1050 on: March 12, 2018, 05:16:39 am »
 I found this post very enlightening, now that I am evaluating what would be a good scope to get. Incidentally I went to ebay and checked Siglent. It seems they are still at it. In Amazon they are still selling the BA version of the SDSx1202-ex, which have a problem that already have been reported and for which some people were being sent the parts to make the fix themselves(according to the reviewers at Amazon). Why Siglent just did not called back those units and did the repair instead?? So now when I went to ebay, I see a suspiciously "new" siglent scope of this same model and they are posting the calibration paperwork, which shows the BA in the serial number(the one that needs a compensation part to be fixed). It is also being sold as "brand new" but it does not look that is new or that this person is a dealer. If they are, they are selling a model that needs a repair as new. This is highly deceptive, as the ad does not show anywhere that the BA version needs further repair to work properly. So, it seems that what this post shows is true about Siglent, they are deceptive and they do allow people to sell their equipment in ebay as long as they sell it more expensive than Siglent sells them or maybe they have dumped the BA version at online retailers to be sold without the proper explanation of what is happening with the equipment. Take notice that Siglent call adding the 2 capacitors they left off "product improvement" and not a fault of their own, even as it is reported by people that add the capacitors that this action fixes the compensation problem. Am I reading all these wrong or is Siglent just playing with people? What is the point of their calibration paper if they can do something like this and say there is nothing wrong with it?

For reference, this is one of Amazon's reviews:

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 starssiglent sends defective units knowing that they are defective
ByClient d'Amazonon February 12, 2018
Verified Purchase
in principle, a good product at a good price.
However Siglent sends defective unit in purpose, which is unacceptable.
Some parts are not soldered in the motherboard leading to a severe compensation issue.
That problem was identified in september 2017. I bought that product end of january 2018 and I got a defective unit : problem not solved on my unit,.

The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Amazon CustomerMANUFACTURER26 days agoReport abuse
Actually, the design was modified in September to add two capacitors to improve the probe compensation. They were never "not soldered in" but were added in a product improvement. All units shipped from our factory now have this new design - the two capacitors.

I think the problems itself regarding hardware that Siglent is having could be had by any company, but they way they respond to honest clients and how they try to always blame someone else and not take responsibility is what is swaying me from them. It is a shame because the product seems good, but if they are going to hide important details about repairs and then not assume responsibility, they can not be trusted. I think this that I just found out these days just shows that all this long thread continues to be important and to show that they have not changed much in their tactics.  :--

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #1051 on: March 12, 2018, 08:04:55 am »
I found this post very enlightening, now that I am evaluating what would be a good scope to get.

Do I assume that it took you over 2 years to read the thread ? it's 43 pages long and history now. Best thing is you start a new thread and reference this one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf