Author Topic: Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series  (Read 246434 times)

Offline Farrari

• Contributor
Re: Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:51 am »
@Fagear
maybe it is caused by the dim light . |O
Seems like LCD screen has very poor vertical angle - dim traces at the top of the screen disappear and black color already inverting. Feels like Rigol's screen has better viewing angle. :-//

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:11 pm »
I hope that some new videos may appear here. https://www.youtube.com/user/SiglentVideo
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 08:03:27 am »
Just arrived.
SDS2304  (4 channel, 300MHz, 2x2GSa/s 4x1GSa/s   + signal generator (I do not yet know if this "option" is expired after time but now it works)

It have now some kind of "beta" (or more low)  FW but still many tests can do with it.
No manuals, no softwares on CD (and so on)...

Later more. Now other urgent things keep me extremely busy.

First noted that display technical quality is clearly over SDS1000 series. (better contrast, better viewing angle)

The first impression is: Externally, the build quality seems appropriate.
It works.

;)
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:18 pm »
Just arrived.
SDS2304  (4 channel, 300MHz, 2x2GSa/s 4x1GSa/s   + signal generator (I do not yet know if this "option" is expired after time but now it works)

It have now some kind of "beta" (or more low)  FW but still many tests can do with it.
No manuals, no softwares on CD (and so on)...

Later more. Now other urgent things keep me extremely busy.

First noted that display technical quality is clearly over SDS1000 series. (better contrast, better viewing angle)

The first impression is: Externally, the build quality seems appropriate.
It works.

;)
Do a review video. I am dying to see it.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2013, 08:43:31 pm »
It have now some kind of "beta" (or more low)  FW
That's strange because SDS2000 is being sold in China for a few months... http://www.siglent.com/cn/product/detail.aspx?id=100000007854687&nodecode=105008001

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:35 am »
It have now some kind of "beta" (or more low)  FW
That's strange because SDS2000 is being sold in China for a few months... http://www.siglent.com/cn/product/detail.aspx?id=100000007854687&nodecode=105008001

So what?

How many China domestic versions you have purchased there in China and what model exactly?

I know exactly what Siglent officer tell me officially before shipping, and I know exatly what I have in my hand.

This what I have in my hand is not picture and sales ads, this is live equipment and model is SDS2304.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:11:29 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:27 am »
This what I have in my hand is not picture and sales ads, this is live equipment and model is SDS2304.

@rf-loop: While I'm curious to hear what you have to say about it, since this is clearly Siglent's copy of the Rigol DS2000 (right down to a 14/div screen and using multiples of 7k for the sample lengths), you should try to convince Siglent to get one of the units into the hands of Dave or someone else who has extensively used the Rigol DS2000. On first glance, the Siglent definitely seems like the better DSO in terms of specifications and bang-for-buck - so it would be good to hear how it ranks in usability/feature implementation versus the Rigol.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »

@rf-loop: While I'm curious to hear what you have to say about it, since this is clearly Siglent's copy of the Rigol DS2000 (right down to a 14/div screen and using multiples of 7k for the sample lengths), you should try to convince Siglent to get one of the units into the hands of Dave or someone else who has extensively used the Rigol DS2000. On first glance, the Siglent definitely seems like the better DSO in terms of specifications and bang-for-buck - so it would be good to hear how it ranks in usability/feature implementation versus the Rigol.

What is copy meaning in this case?

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

An almost exact, feature-by-feature, replication of the Rigol DS2000A-S (with better specs, it seems - as well as the 4-channel and MSO options) - at almost exactly the same price point. The MSO/SDS2000 also has overlap with the Rigol DS1000Z and MS/DS4000 - but it's closest in price (at least, the 2-channel versions) with the DS2000A series.

But I'm not using 'copy' as a bad word. The copying of successful products (but with improved specs, features, price, etc) drives the marketplace all the time. I only used the word because I think it's important to acknowledge these products will be competing head-on in the same price class - and it's essential to have someone who has used the Rigol for awhile make a comparison.

I don't have a stake in this comparison either way: I like my DS2000 - but it has plenty of faults / missing features. If the Siglent is the better product, it's important for prospective buyers to know about it and give Siglent a big success - because the more Chinese companies producing good quality T&M equipment (and getting rewarded for it), the better it is for all us end-users.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:02:59 pm by marmad »

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »

An almost exact, feature-by-feature, replication of the Rigol DS2000A-S (with better specs, it seems - as well as the 4-channel and MSO options) - at almost exactly the same price point. The MSO/SDS2000 also has overlap with the Rigol DS1000Z and DS4000 - but it's closest in price (at least, the 2-channel versions) with the DS2000A series.

But I'm not using 'copy' as a bad word. The copying of successful products (but with improved specs, features, price, etc) drives the marketplace all the time. I only used the word because I think it's important to acknowledge these products will be competing head-on in the same price class - and it's essential to have someone who has used the Rigol for awhile make a comparison.

I don't have a stake in this comparison either way: I like my DS2000 - but it has plenty of faults / missing features. If the Siglent is the better product, it's important for prospective buyers to know about it and give Siglent a big success - because the more Chinese companies producing good quality T&M equipment (and getting rewarded for it), the better it is for all us end-users.
Of course. The Rigol DS2000 is quite similar to the Agilent 3000 and costs significantly less.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »
Of course. The Rigol DS2000 is quite similar to the Agilent 3000 and costs significantly less.

I think you mean the Agilent 2000 X-Series. The 3000 X-Series is a higher-end DSO with 1,000,000 wfms/s update rate, 4 GSa/s sampling rate, and 100 MHz to 1 GHz bandwidth.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »
Oops. Sorry. And yes, I did mean the 2000 series, however, it has some 3000 aspects such as serial decode, and deep memory.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2013, 03:25:20 pm »
rf-loop, I am looking forward to a review.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

I will not make any "review". Why? Becouse I'm biased seller.
I have to also think about and reflect on where to submit test results.

What I can do is lab tests what are made so that they can can also peer revieved in what ever lab. Just for: "Data is data, opinions are opinions".
Also local peoples can audit my tests if want.

Offline HermanTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2013, 07:48:57 am »
@Carrington
Price list: http://www.siglent.eu/oscilloscopes/sds-2000-series.html

Anyone know if it comes with all options enabled temporarily? As demo.

FPGA RIGOL DS2000:

FPGA SIGLENT SDS2000:

yes,it is XC6SLX45, a member of Spartan-6 Family http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds160.pdf

FPGA-SDS2000

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »
The truth is that the hardware looks good, hurts not having any review as reference.
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

Offline poorchava

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2013, 07:01:07 am »
Perhaps noone is willing to take a risk. That's a low of money, in any country. Honestly? After being burnt on one Atten product I would not take the risk to buy another one. At least not an oscilloscope.
I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Offline Farrari

• Contributor
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2013, 09:12:39 am »

I will not make any "review". Why? Becouse I'm biased seller.
I have to also think about and reflect on where to submit test results.

What I can do is lab tests what are made so that they can can also peer revieved in what ever lab. Just for: "Data is data, opinions are opinions".
Also local peoples can audit my tests if want.
I  want to test  power supply ripple with my SDS2102, I am not sure, is it  ripple or just noise ?
the scope setup: DC coupling, probe 1X, impedance 50 ohm

just use the probe GND

Shorten the ground line

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2013, 10:54:49 am »
I am not sure, is it  ripple or just noise ?

Looking at your Timebase setting, it is much too fast to be 50 or 60 Hz ripple.
Turn the Frequency counter on it may give you a clue to were this Sine wave is coming from.
Maybe a switchmode supply nearby?
To see PSU ripple one would normally use AC coupling and DC trigger coupling.

Sorry just see Freq @ 29 MHz looks like.
Use 1M input, ref to GND and probe tip to supply and coupling as described above.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:03:36 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:41 pm »
I  want to test  power supply ripple with my SDS2102, I am not sure, is it  ripple or just noise ?
the scope setup: DC coupling, probe 1X, impedance 50 ohm

just use the probe GND

Shorten the ground line

Hi Farrari!
I don't understand what do you want mean. Please could you be a little more graphic?
Do you have connected a probe? Apparently so. And how?
Do you have near FM stations? Because this signal appears to be around 100MHz.

See the penultimate post here:
http://www.home.agilent.com/owc_discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=17537&start=15&tstart=0

I don't mean by this that this noise is not coming from the oscilloscope, despite being shielded. I prefer to think that this "noise" comes from the outside.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:03:22 pm by Carrington »
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

Offline Farrari

• Contributor
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2013, 09:01:05 am »
I guess you are right. there is a mobile phone base station here.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2013, 03:50:10 am »
Just got my SDS2304 (300 MHz 4 Ch) with AWG and Serial decoding options.  ;D
It is a pre-release Demo model and I look forward to having a "play" with it and posting some findings.
Good old Santa.  :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2013, 04:16:18 am »
Just got my SDS2304 (300 MHz 4 Ch) with AWG and Serial decoding options.  ;D
It is a pre-release Demo model and I look forward to having a "play" with it and posting some findings.
Good old Santa.  :-+
Now who did you ask> :)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2013, 04:48:12 am »
Now who did you ask> :)

I was offered one by Siglent.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2013, 03:48:39 pm »
Haha. They offered me one as well but wanted to charge me $350 for FedEx international Priority to the US. Tight asses.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf