Author Topic: East tester ET432 vs Der EE DE-5000 Comparison  (Read 7634 times)

Offline NoMoreMagicSmokeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: East tester ET432 vs Der EE DE-5000 Comparison
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2023, 02:52:55 am »
Would be interesting to hear what the say.

Nothing yet. They are currently saying several months.

The following users thanked this post: pope

Offline Def461

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2023, 11:13:20 am »
Registered to comment  ;D

Got my ET432 yesterday

I think I found the source of the problem

Moreover, I found that the negative reviews in the forms about 40 kHz and 100 kHz are precisely from the incorrect calibration of the device

I forcibly calibrated with a jumper from the device kit (SHORT mode), then calibrated without, but with a set of cables (OPEN mode) - the readings became completely stable in the entire frequency range within the declared parameters

UPD: 1MOhm resistor killed all my joy :(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 12:41:57 pm by Def461 »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2023, 12:21:25 pm »
Registered to comment  ;D

Got my ET432 yesterday

I think I found the source of the problem

Moreover, I found that the negative reviews in the forms about 40 kHz and 100 kHz are precisely from the incorrect calibration of the device

I forcibly calibrated with a jumper from the device kit (SHORT mode), then calibrated without, but with a set of cables (OPEN mode) - the readings became completely stable in the entire frequency range within the declared parameters

What device were you measuring? For all of my testing I performed the open and short calibration as per the manual. Mine measured within specification up until about 10k ohms, then the resistance measurements started dropping rapidly for higher resistances.

Offline Def461

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2023, 12:44:28 pm »
Updated :(
On "Big Rs" ET432 giving a lot of crap :(

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2023, 12:56:48 pm »
Updated :(
On "Big Rs" ET432 giving a lot of crap :(

Dang you had my hopes up that they might have fixed it...

Still nothing from the vendor. I think I give it about 10% chance they actually do anything about it.

Offline Def461

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2023, 01:41:43 pm »

Dang you had my hopes up that they might have fixed it...

Still nothing from the vendor. I think I give it about 10% chance they actually do anything about it.

Started conversation with the manufacturer :(

Offline Def461

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2023, 02:45:59 pm »

Offline Def461

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2023, 09:07:17 am »
Recalibrated it again

995k measured directly in ET432

100 = 992.9
1k = 993.4
10k = 993.4
40k = 991.9
100k = 964.7 %(

Offline Def461

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2023, 03:21:36 pm »
Still chatting with manufactorer's EE

He has some plot. Gave me video of 1694 RLC Bridge.
It show's the same fall at 100+kHz for carbon resistor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2023, 04:19:32 pm »
Still chatting with manufactorer's EE

He has some plot. Gave me video of 1694 RLC Bridge.
It show's the same fall at 100+kHz for carbon resistor

Carbon resistors it is expected behavior that the resistance changes with frequency. You have to test with a precision film resistors that do not change resistance within the 100khz frequency.

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2023, 05:46:04 pm »
Old-style "carbon composition" high-resistance resistors fall off dramatically in resistance with frequency:  the talc grains mixed with the carbon grains to increase the resistivity "short out" the carbon capacitively at high frequencies.
Resistors that have a helix cut into them to increase the resistive length will have a less dramatic effect due to the capacitance between "turns" of the helix.
Resistors with a "bulk" structure are better, but it is difficult to achieve a high resistance value in a normal-size package.
Many years ago, faced with this problem in TH resistors, I found "carbon ink" resistors from IRC to be the best at frequencies between 2 and 10 MHz, but I don't think they are still available.
My requirement was to achieve the maximum equivalent parallel resistance, since the parallel capacitance was part of the tuned circuit, where the resistor was required for DC bias purposes.
Some thick-film resistors (without helix) are similar.

Offline Def461

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2023, 06:08:54 pm »
Carbon resistors it is expected behavior that the resistance changes with frequency. You have to test with a precision film resistors that do not change resistance within the 100khz frequency.

Thank you :) I mean than manufactirer's EE demonstrates measuring with carbon :)
I guess I will film another video for him, with unpacking Vishay TF resistor and the direct measuring

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2023, 08:01:18 pm »

Thank you :) I mean than manufactirer's EE demonstrates measuring with carbon :)
I guess I will film another video for him, with unpacking Vishay TF resistor and the direct measuring

You are having the same run around I got. I had to provide them with the exact part number of the resistors I was using, and a demo of a different meter measuring it correctly before they finally admitted they reproduced the issue themselves.

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2023, 08:55:07 pm »
Below the accuracy graphs of my unit ET432.

They were done using Vishay Ultra High Precision Z-Foil Resistors (0.005%) up to 100kohm and a calibrated 0.1% metal film resistor for 1Mohm.
The instrument I have is well within the manufacturer's specifications almost everywhere. The only critical point, as observed by other users, is at 100kHz on the 1Mohm value where the accuracy is borderline (but still within spec...).
Remember that for resistance values higher than approximately 10k, in order to minimize the error, the most appropriate equivalent representation to select is the parallel circuit.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:03:28 pm by ExaLab »

The following users thanked this post: Electro Fan

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2023, 04:30:38 pm »
Below the accuracy graphs of my unit ET432.

Just to complete, the accuracy graph for a 10Mohm metal film resistor.
As expected, excellent behavior up to 40kHz and -8% drop at 100kHz (but still within spec.).

What to say more? The instrument is not very performing @ 100kHz for resistance values higher than 1Mohm.
However, in my opinion it remains an excellent LCR analyzer!!
More, the manufacturer provides a very complete user manual, full of information especially in relation to the accuracy of all the parameters measured by the instrument.
This is another plus point that should not be underestimated...

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2023, 04:41:59 pm »
If anyone is interested, I can share a useful synthesis of the most important aspects concerning the measurement accuracy of the ET432.

In this, among many things, the user manual accuracy tables have been reformatted in such a way as to clearly highlight which are the measurement ranges within which the instrument exhibits its basic accuracy (i.e. 0.2%) and those where performance is no longer optimal.

For quick consultation, they can be printed on two A5 format cards to be kept together with the instrument.

Offline montecri

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2023, 07:43:14 pm »
A Kerry Wong follow-up video to this showed that in 1833C the guard port is doing nothing. Have an identical model, tested it and indeed there's no signal coming out of guard no matter the measuring selections chosen.

Wondering if somebody else is facing the same and if this is a firmware issue since the port appears to be connected internally.

Regards.

- Cristiano

you meant  like the ET ???

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2023, 07:51:42 pm »
In the DE5000, the four "high" and "low" terminals are generated and measured with respect to the "guard" terminal.
In making external fixtures, I connect the coax shields and metal boxes to the guard terminal with a fifth wire.

Offline ru_tash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2023, 02:56:19 pm »
A Kerry Wong follow-up video to this showed that in 1833C the guard port is doing nothing. Have an identical model, tested it and indeed there's no signal coming out of guard no matter the measuring selections chosen.

Wondering if somebody else is facing the same and if this is a firmware issue since the port appears to be connected internally.

Regards.

- Cristiano

can some owners of this Hantek LCR meter check behavior of their devices?
on my 1832c, when powered from battery the measurement signal interrupted every 20 seconds, right after each interruptions the readings jumping around 1-2%, but when device powered by USB external power supply this not happened - signal continues without interruptions.

Offline Blisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2024, 03:45:28 pm »
As far as I read, Hantek is ok like DE 5000? Or am I wrong??
Does anybody test and compare "PeakTech LCR/ESR meter, 100 Hz - 100 kHz, with USB, P 2170"  with DE-5000??
I have Hantek but I looked for this PeakTech, if it is better than DE-5000.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf