Author Topic: So I got DP832 today its a love and hate feeling.  (Read 11553 times)

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
Re: So I got DP832 today its a love and hate feeling.
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 09:00:36 pm »
This is usually when I resort to VISA + purchase insurance.

Is the seller refusing to take the unit back in violation of their return policy?  Or is the buyer refusing to abide by the terms of sale they agreed to when purchasing the unit (i.e. demanding return shipping to a foreign company be seller-paid when it's specifically disclaimed in their ToS)?

Credit card chargebacks are for the former situation, reading things you agree to before you agree to them is for the latter.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline smjcuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 09:12:33 pm »
This is usually when I resort to VISA + purchase insurance.

Is the seller refusing to take the unit back in violation of their return policy?  Or is the buyer refusing to abide by the terms of sale they agreed to when purchasing the unit (i.e. demanding return shipping to a foreign company be seller-paid when it's specifically disclaimed in their ToS)?

Credit card chargebacks are for the former situation, reading things you agree to before you agree to them is for the latter.

Actually that's between the vendor and the credit card company to be honest as you only pay the credit card company for their services at the end of the month.

Also if you ship something internationally it's a rat's nest of import/export duty, local laws, consumer laws, national laws, foreign policy and utter unadulterated pain that is worth abstracting through a card company. If you get a lemon, let them deal with it - that's an official service they offer.

It doesn't usually result in a chargeback, just a UPS pick up at your door. You only see chargebacks for small items that aren't worth arguing over. That's a known and planned cost of doing business via credit cards.

(Note: I was a technical architect at a rather large well known European credit card company so I know this stuff inside out)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:14:33 pm by smjcuk »

Offline apelly

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 11:28:57 am »
I got unlucky bah!
No. You are making your own misfortune.

That`s just craziest thing I heard.  Care to elaborate?
Not any further. The thread is clear enough.

+1 ignore

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf