Products > Test Equipment

Soar Multimeter / Testboy 3000 Teardown

(1/3) > >>

Huluvu:
Hey Everybody,

any other user's out there using Soar Multimeters  :-DMM
I picked up on Ebay some Years ago the 4050 and the 3430 Model which are in my opinion very good Meters.
The built quality and the accuracy was really impressive to me because I never never noticed this brand before (I assume that's why it was a good buy at Ebay Germany  :-+ )

EEVblog:
Fluke used to use a Soar in their "The High Cost of Cheap Meters" ads back in the 80's.
The exact same Soar model which was my first digital meter!

Dave.

retiredcaps:
The Soar 4050 model in your picture looks a bit like the Yokogawa/HP multimeter in ModemHead's teardown/repair at

http://mrmodemhead.com/blog/yokogawa-7534-03-multimeter/

Huluvu:

--- Quote ---Fluke used to use a Soar in their "The High Cost of Cheap Meters" ads back in the 80's.
--- End quote ---
--> hey that's not fair - there is much more crap in the market  %-B

--- Quote ---The exact same Soar model which was my first digital meter!
--- End quote ---
--> which one ?

--- Quote ---The Soar 4050 model in your picture looks a bit like the Yokogawa/HP multimeter in ModemHead's teardown/repair at
--- End quote ---
--> Yes, you are right - look's exactly the same as the Yokogawa 7534-03 Multimeter

inside the Soar 4050:

ModemHead:

--- Quote from: Huluvu on April 24, 1974, 03:57:07 pm ---
--- Quote ---The Soar 4050 model in your picture looks a bit like the Yokogawa/HP multimeter in ModemHead's teardown/repair at
--- End quote ---
--> Yes, you are right - look's exactly the same as the Yokogawa 7534-03 Multimeter

--- End quote ---

Hey, I like yours.  Actual input protection components and no burn marks...   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version