Author Topic: Sourcing the Horizontal Cam Switch for Tek 434  (Read 457 times)

Offline CigarsnobTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Sourcing the Horizontal Cam Switch for Tek 434
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:30:55 am »
Looking for advise regarding a design job and sourcing vintage parts. I'm expecting "Don't do it and not possible" from you guys, but figured I'd ask anyways :-DD

I have a customer that wants to reverse engineer the horizontal board of a Tek 434 scope, board A8 and get several of them made. No clue why and I am going to inform them that this will very unlikely be possible due to sourcing the cam switch and the amount of hours to comb over the schematic, bom, sourcing alternative parts for those obsolete parts, redraw the schematic, perform the layout, and test the boards.

1) Anyone have experience reverse engineering a vintage scope and produce some modern PCBs that worked?
2) Cam switch seems to be a go/no-go with regards to the ability to do the job. Is it possible to source this part these days? An alternative method to achieve the same thing?

I have already recommended that they just go on ebay and buy up every Tek 434 and test the A8 board and just use those. But they claim they need more than what's on ebay. Haven't asked why. Why so many for a scope this old.

I'm a fan of vintage test equipment as much as the next one, but yeah....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf