Author Topic: Soviet Oscilloscopes (Made in USSR)  (Read 24063 times)

Offline Michael YYZ

• Regular Contributor
Re: Soviet Oscilloscopes (Made in USSR)
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2021, 06:53:10 pm »
And a rear panel photo.

I have this Soviet/Russian-made school-laboratory oscilloscope which is supposed to be used as “teaching aid in high schools and radio-amateur practice”. The model is H3017 (N3017) and was manufactured in 1990. Based on a poorly translated Instructions Manual it appears to be a 100 kHz scope (amplitude non-uniformity, referenced to 1 kHz: (i) 0-100 kHz +/-30%; (ii) 100-500 kHz +/-65%). The time base and y-channel amplitude potentiometers for fine adjustments are not calibrated/graduated, so accurate voltage and frequency measurements could not be performed with this scope. Only waveform shapes can be visualized.

The text-only translated Instructions Manual makes reference to block and schematic diagrams for this scope but I don’t have the original manual in Russian. I need to get a 120-230V step-up transformer before I could test the scope to see if it still works.

Does anyone have information about this model? Or, would anyone have access to the original Instructions Manual in Russian, including the diagrams?

Thanks!

Offline Michael YYZ

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2021, 07:17:49 pm »
I've just had an idea and searched for this model using Cyrillic letters instead of Latin ones - "осциллограф+н3017" - and I've got results... all in Russian.  |O Luckily, Safari 15 might be able to do the job of translating.

I have this Soviet/Russian-made school-laboratory oscilloscope which is supposed to be used as “teaching aid in high schools and radio-amateur practice”. The model is H3017 (N3017) and was manufactured in 1990. Based on a poorly translated Instructions Manual it appears to be a 100 kHz scope (amplitude non-uniformity, referenced to 1 kHz: (i) 0-100 kHz +/-30%; (ii) 100-500 kHz +/-65%). The time base and y-channel amplitude potentiometers for fine adjustments are not calibrated/graduated, so accurate voltage and frequency measurements could not be performed with this scope. Only waveform shapes can be visualized.

The text-only translated Instructions Manual makes reference to block and schematic diagrams for this scope but I don’t have the original manual in Russian. I need to get a 120-230V step-up transformer before I could test the scope to see if it still works.

Does anyone have information about this model? Or, would anyone have access to the original Instructions Manual in Russian, including the diagrams?

Thanks!

Offline ilya_z

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2021, 09:31:01 pm »

There is a neatly drawn scheme

The following users thanked this post: Michael YYZ

Offline ELS122

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2021, 05:16:49 pm »
Tekwiki has some information on Soviet and Hungarian clones of the Tektronix 7000 mainframe oscilloscopes:

Almost all soviet electronics was destroyed for gold plated details in 1990th.

yeah you rarely can find any soviet test equipment, and when you do the price is sky high.
quite sad too since even the most feature-less soviet electronics are made from high quality parts and are really tough

but consumer electronics like radios, amplifiers, tape players are still very abundant since they have no gold in them, thus nobody intentionally destroys them, just have to know where to look for them.

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2021, 08:22:40 pm »
yeah you rarely can find any soviet test equipment, and when you do the price is sky high.
quite sad too since even the most feature-less soviet electronics are made from high quality parts and are really tough

but consumer electronics like radios, amplifiers, tape players are still very abundant since they have no gold in them, thus nobody intentionally destroys them, just have to know where to look for them.

I read a comment once that Soviet test equipment was not very high quality, unless it was made for the military.

Offline didyman

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2022, 02:46:28 pm »
Hi.

I have a C1-93 in a very good overall shape, but it needs a re-set on its compensation trimmer capacitor set. I need a real service manual (not the only available containing the schematic only) to how and in wich order it has to be set with what signal. Basically I know the goal and I can figure out at wich divider wich pairs should be trimmed, but an official solution would be more convenient.
Symptom is in Ch1, 1V range (and only that one, anything over and above it is OK) starts to roll off signal at around 5 kHz and goes to almost half value around 300 kHz and after it stays there. square wave is also very bad at 5 kHz. Trimming C6 cures this frequency dependent division, but of course at the expense of the squareness of more ranges.

Offline serg-el

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2022, 11:23:12 pm »
С1-93
Operating instructions and service manual.
And schematic diagrams
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 11:32:28 pm by serg-el »

The following users thanked this post: didyman

Offline didyman

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2022, 03:54:46 pm »
Thank You very much. :) Yandex can translate the pages quite good, so I can make required measurements and setting much easily. Thank You very much, serg-el.
I must tell this is a very good oscilloscope. I never met these old soviet era devices-I have a N313 but that is a very easy device. This one-I didn't expect such a well made design. Rockstable trigger, big and very good focussing screen and formidable amplifiers. I never believed such an old device can be as useable. I got it and tried it and wow. :) It is a very good instrument and I will make good use of it. However, some small errors have to be corrected, but it already well useable.

The following users thanked this post: Caliaxy

Offline didyman

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2022, 11:44:58 pm »
Finally I had time for the compensation network and as I suspected, there was an error there: C18 has one of its leg without connection, so that made the weird frequency dependency and bad compensation. It wasn't hard to find, but was hard to reach-fold out all parts and remove shielding was a delicate work. Finally the compensation is fine, and all measurement range is perfect as it can be. Thank You again, Serg-el.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2022, 02:13:21 am »
where are the digital scopes ?
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2022, 01:07:35 am »
nyet comrade the transistors must not be requisitioned for this purpose >:(

Offline Inside21

• Contributor

Offline didyman

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2022, 08:18:52 am »
And finally, my C1-93 is happy. :)

The following users thanked this post: RoGeorge, schmitt trigger, ch_scr

Offline onre

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2024, 10:30:49 am »
I have a C1-134 with either a timebase or a horizontal deflection problem. Does anyone have the schematics for this particular model?

Offline MegaVolt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2024, 01:15:18 pm »
I have a C1-134 with either a timebase or a horizontal deflection problem. Does anyone have the schematics for this particular model?
https://radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=191010

Offline MegaVolt

• Frequent Contributor

Offline MegaVolt

• Frequent Contributor

Offline martin1959

• Tele-Commies
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2024, 07:07:17 am »
Some 20 years ago I bought a soviet-era small oscilloscope for 5$ from a second-hand shop in Tashkent/Usbekistan. I asked the seller to power it up for a demonstration. The original power cable was missing, so the guy connected 220V to the 4-pin power input socket on the back of the device using the trial-and-error method.
The first attempt resulted in some smoke coming out from the back of the device, so obviously this must have been the 24-28V input foreseen for truck (or tank?) use. The second attempt worked fine, and the seller provided me with a "Dave-CAD"-like hand drawing of the power socket connection. I used the scope for 15 years or so until replacing it by a more modern device.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf