Author Topic: "SX-DMM" seeking old versions of the BK Precision / Metrix software  (Read 1007 times)

Offline shakalnokturnTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Title says it mostly.

I'm working on adding bluetooth to my nice old meters, the original IR interface is unbotainium and I don't feel like wedging one of my poor custom-designs here so BT makes sense to me.
I have a MSI U100 netbook with integrated BT that would be handy for testing, it's still running Windows XP and getting slow at that, so I'm not even thinking of upgrading to 7.
After getting some chat going on Realterm I wanted to install the official SX-DMM v2.9 software and discovered that I needed Windows 7 for that. Stuck by evolution again...

It's nice that the new versions of SX-DMM keep support for these old meters but disappointing that you cant get hold of a version dating back to the day the meters were released.

Anyone out there have a copy of a version of SX-DMM (or equivalent from BK Precision) that would run on Windows XP or 98?
The DMM's concerned are BK 5360, 5370, 5380, 5390, Metrix MX53, MX54, MX55, MX56 and a few other bench equivalents.

Thanks!

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: "SX-DMM" seeking old versions of the BK Precision / Metrix software
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:33:03 am »
Did you ask Chauvin Arnoux ?

They were kind enough to send me the cal software for my metrix mx556 aka bk precision 5490.
Took 2 days for an response.

Offline shakalnokturnTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: "SX-DMM" seeking old versions of the BK Precision / Metrix software
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:45:47 pm »
No, I haven't asked Chauvin yet. Will give it a try, there's actually quite a bit I'd like to ask them for when I think of it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf