Author Topic: T-80S Panel Test Tool LED LCD Screen Tester for TV/Computer/Laptop Repair  (Read 1043 times)

Offline tv84Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Has anyone used one of these testers?

Are they any good?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202652052822

TIA

Offline fordem

• Regular Contributor
Frankly, unless you're dealing with "naked" LCDs in large quantities, I don't see the point.  I did warranty support for the biggest three brands in the personal computer industry for almost twenty-five years, I've lost track of how many LCD panels I've replaced and I've never used or needed such a device.

I suspect you're going to need a wide selection of "interface" cables or adapters to be able to connect the different panels to the tester, unless, as mentioned above, you're dealing with large quantities of a small selection of the same (or electrically interchangeable) panels - for day-to-day diagnosis in a repair business, where each device-under-test may be different, I don't see it being much use.

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
I have an older version of a tester like that.  I used it when I upgraded the LCD in my LeCroy WP7KA to confirm that one of my LCD panels had died and to confirm that I got the pinout correct when making a new LVDS cable.  Mine came with a bunch of LVDS cables of various pinouts which was helpful.  It's not the most useful tool but it was cheap and it worked fine for what I needed.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
I think that would be the necessity, if you didn't have access to spare parts to confirm the fault.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
There have certainly been a few times when I could have used something like that. I hate not knowing whether the problem is the monitor board or the panel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf