Author Topic: Tek CSA7404/TDS7000 repair project (Upgraded memory/CPU)  (Read 280239 times)

Offline project-pegasus

Re: Tek CSA7404/TDS7000 repair project (Upgraded memory/CPU)
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2019, 03:42:57 am »
As I watched the video more closely I realized I was looking at the 7-segment display upside down.  |O
It is actually the other way around on my 7104.  But when I look at it almost frame by frame I see that it repeats the opening sequence of .8, 1, 2, 3, 4, then goes back to .8 then back through the sequence to 9 and seems to skip A and ultimately hangs on L.  It's hard to see because the sequence goes through some of the steps quite fast.

Also, I've checked to see that the vxboot files are where the PPC board is looking for them and they check out.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline TiNTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2019, 04:00:56 am »
Check that you have proper files on c:\vxBoot hidden folder. Properly loaded and running PPC board should display dash on LED display, when OS is booted.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline project-pegasus

« Reply #477 on: November 23, 2019, 09:51:40 pm »
All the appropriate files are in the c:/vxboot locations the boot parameters direct to, they are just not loading to the PPC.  Has anyone run into this before?  I even changed out the RAM stick on the PPC with a NOS stick and that did not help either.  Could this be a failure on the acquisition board or the connector between the PPC and AQB?
Thanks,

Offline nsummy

« Reply #478 on: November 26, 2019, 12:09:16 am »
Hi, add me to the list of people late to the party.  If anyone has this info can they send it to me, either via the forum or to nsummy@hotmail.com  Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :-+ :-BROKE

Hi, I'm little late, but does anyone have this option stuff saved?

Ramppa

Quote from: snoopy on 2017-12-24, 15:50:07>Quote from: PrecisionAnalytic on 2017-12-24, 09:06:03>Quote from: dretay on 2017-12-05, 07:19:04
Hey, no idea why the link doesn't work. Happy to send a copy to you if you want to PM me.

I'm not finding either sites up:
https://xdevs.com/guide/tek_key/
https://dev.xdevs.com/projects/rnd/repository/revisions/344cfa743297/raw/Tektronix/TDS7000/

I'd be very thankful for a copy.

Background if you are interested:

I received a few days back a TDS8000B that was stated on eBay as having Power Supply issues where they noted:
"Originally it was working but came back to us with a bad power supply. About once out of 20 times it will power on and light up. Sometimes it turns off by itself while booting. Most times it won't turn on at all then will make faint clicking ticking noise in the right rear of the unit. Screen has some scratching."

I powered on the unit and first time not thinking about having a keyboard plugged in to login and perform more testing as my brain was set to modern day touch screens with keyboards that appear on-screen as factory default.   Powered on no issues, though is slow Windows 2000 Pro for sure.

After plugging in a USB keyboard with a USB to PS2 keyboard adapter, I pressed the power button on the front panel and was having no success with being able to use the keyboard to log in.  I am guessing something to do with USB keyboard drivers is the reason.

Now, after holding the front panel power button for over 7 seconds, the unit powered off.   When I tried to power back on, I heard a mechanical clock ticking sound with nothing happening.  When I switched the power switch on the back of the unit the ticking sound slowly went away and all subsequent attempts to power on have failed with nothing happening.

Before I open the case up... any ideas to consider as I am making a giant leap into working on this system as I am still not yet graduated from a TDS-520 repair/restore... though am moving forward on that and learning a lot. 

Just reading this page topic summary has bridged the programming firmware and electronics components like NVRAM and microcontroller gaps I've had.

Sounds like caps in the power supply or possibly on the motherboard.

Also if you can't get into the bios setup you need to first check your cmos battery on the NLB motherboard and replace it if it is dead. Likewise for the power PC board. If your scope is anything like the experience I had with a TDS7054 then you probably still won't be able to get into the bios setup so you need to boot up in dos on a floppy and run a program like killCMOS to reset your CMOS memory and then you will, beable to get into the bios setup.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/killcmos.html

You can create a bootup dos disk from another computer with a floppy using the setup from http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/dos.html

cheers

The following users thanked this post: PrecisionAnalytic

Offline nsummy

« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2019, 05:25:34 pm »
All the appropriate files are in the c:/vxboot locations the boot parameters direct to, they are just not loading to the PPC.  Has anyone run into this before?  I even changed out the RAM stick on the PPC with a NOS stick and that did not help either.  Could this be a failure on the acquisition board or the connector between the PPC and AQB?
Thanks,

Go into the windows device manager.  Is there anything in there that has a question mark or exclamation mark?  (I believe its normal to have 2 exclamation marks for the Texas Instruments cardbus countrollers)

Offline nsummy

« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2019, 05:28:41 pm »
Since I have seen a few people ask here (me included), if anyone is looking for the code to unlock options for the 7000 series, I found the source code here:  https://0xacab.org/mitic/tek-ssc/tree/master

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46, shuvodutta, eplpwr, awjennin

Offline project-pegasus

« Reply #481 on: December 04, 2019, 01:29:10 am »
It looks like I've cleared up the hanging application issue with the TDS7404.  I was reading through the install notes for the firmware update and came across this:

- Existing Windows 2000 oscilloscopes upgrading to version 2.5.3
can manually fix a problem with saving files (setups, images,
references, etc.) to remote filesystem devices through an
upgrade of the DIO service. Note this problem does not exist on
Windows 98 or factory-shipped 2.5.3 oscilloscopes.  You will
need to obtain a copy of the dioservice.exe file from the
software updates section at www.tektronix.com, or your Tektronix
representative.

How to update DIOService on Windows 2000:
  1. Click Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services
  2. In the right pane, right click on "DIO Service"
  3. Select "Properties"
  4. In the General tab page, click on "Startup type" dropdown list
  5. Select "Manual"
  6. Click OK
  7. Reboot
  8. Copy the dioservice.exe file to C:\WINNT
  9. Click OK to replace the old dioservice.exe
 10. Change "Startup type" to "Automatic" by following procedures 1-4
 11. Reboot

I checked and found that the unit's DIO Service was set to "Manual" so when I clicked on "Start" I heard the acq relays start clicking and a few seconds later I had waveforms on the screen.  I set DIO to "automatic" and now the scope's Tek application starts up normally on power up.

But since I replaced the NVRAM (probably unnecessarily) I lost the serial number info on that and for some reason the .sn file in c:/vxBoot is empty.  So I have lost all the options this scope came with.   I copied the .sn file from a 7104 and used a Hex editor to change the serial number to the number that matches the 7404, put that new .sn file in vxBoot, and set the flag in the boot file to "0x1000", but the scope did not take the serial number and still lists the serial number as "-" and no options in the "About this scope" window.  Can someone help me create a correct .sn file with my scope's serial number?
Thanks.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #482 on: December 05, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
Did anyone ever manage to get the firmware on the PPC board updated without booting into windows?

Got this:

Code: [Select]
romPost: L2 cache turned on.

romPost: MPC107  Walking-one passed.

romPost: MPC107 configuration passed.

romPost: Intel21555 PCITOPCI bridge configuration passed.

romPost: PERFORMING ROM CHECKSUM TEST...

romPost: ROM checksum failed.

Expected Value: 0x0000E120
Actuall Value: 0x0000E11F

After which it stops. I can force it to continue the boot but then it hangs a bit further. So I figured to uprade/reflash the FW but I don't see how..

Offline pipb

« Reply #483 on: January 07, 2020, 08:21:24 pm »
It looks like I've cleared up the hanging application issue with the TDS7404.  I was reading through the install notes for the firmware update and came across this:

- Existing Windows 2000 oscilloscopes upgrading to version 2.5.3
can manually fix a problem with saving files (setups, images,
references, etc.) to remote filesystem devices through an
upgrade of the DIO service. Note this problem does not exist on
Windows 98 or factory-shipped 2.5.3 oscilloscopes.  You will
need to obtain a copy of the dioservice.exe file from the
software updates section at www.tektronix.com, or your Tektronix
representative.

How to update DIOService on Windows 2000:
  1. Click Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services
  2. In the right pane, right click on "DIO Service"
  3. Select "Properties"
  4. In the General tab page, click on "Startup type" dropdown list
  5. Select "Manual"
  6. Click OK
  7. Reboot
  8. Copy the dioservice.exe file to C:\WINNT
  9. Click OK to replace the old dioservice.exe
 10. Change "Startup type" to "Automatic" by following procedures 1-4
 11. Reboot

I checked and found that the unit's DIO Service was set to "Manual" so when I clicked on "Start" I heard the acq relays start clicking and a few seconds later I had waveforms on the screen.  I set DIO to "automatic" and now the scope's Tek application starts up normally on power up.

But since I replaced the NVRAM (probably unnecessarily) I lost the serial number info on that and for some reason the .sn file in c:/vxBoot is empty.  So I have lost all the options this scope came with.   I copied the .sn file from a 7104 and used a Hex editor to change the serial number to the number that matches the 7404, put that new .sn file in vxBoot, and set the flag in the boot file to "0x1000", but the scope did not take the serial number and still lists the serial number as "-" and no options in the "About this scope" window.  Can someone help me create a correct .sn file with my scope's serial number?
Thanks.

Use the .sn file attached and replace Bxxxxxx with whatever your SN is.
To have the right options please update the .key file xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx with the option key on the back of your scope.
Store both files in c:/vxBoot/. Then look up topScript.hw file and uncomment the line "# NvramClearDb = 1" by removing the #. Reboot once so the SN an key are stored in the NVRAM and then comment back.

This did it for me. The files are taken from my TDS7104.

Offline project-pegasus

« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2020, 02:48:50 am »
Unfortunately I've tried that several times. I have the key file and sn file in the vxboot directory, in the right format just like files you attached (thank you for that) and I clear the nvram with the omission of the "#"  and the machine still won't take the serial number.  Very frustrating. I tried changing the boot flags, but that hasn't worked either. Interestingly, the machine (a 7404B) always goes back to the original boot params no matter how many times I change them.  Set the boot flag to 0x1000 and the next time it reboots it's back to 0x1008.

Offline flyte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2020, 12:27:38 pm »
Seems like this is more the place to be for my problem.

I'm completely stuck with the repair of a TDS6804B scope some less honest seller has sold me, as the acquisition board has been stripped in what seems to be an unscrupulous try-and-error repair attempt. A bit of everything is missing: some MCUs, an analog multplexer, some ADCs, two VCOs, a handful of passives. What were they thinking? :palm: A total shame, whoever did this to such great piece of equipment.  :--

I'm quite desperately looking for:

- A donor acquisition board of a -B series scope: TDS7154B, TDS7254B, TDS7404B, TDS7704B, TDS6604B or TDS6804B. Bad or good, anything would be better than nothing at this point. Those on Ebay are simply too expensive for this kind of adventure.

- Some really helpful person who could make detailed pictures of the original TDS6804B acquisition board and perhaps measure a couple of components. Even willing to pay a fee for it.

A ton of thanks in advance to anyone can help me with this.   :clap:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 12:30:24 pm by flyte »

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2020, 12:50:14 pm »
I'm completely stuck with the repair of a TDS6804B scope some less honest seller has sold me, as the acquisition board has been stripped in what seems to be an unscrupulous try-and-error repair attempt. A bit of everything is missing: some MCUs, an analog multplexer, some ADCs, two VCOs, a handful of passives. What were they thinking? :palm: A total shame, whoever did this to such great piece of equipment.  :--

It's very likely that someone was harvesting parts from your scope to fix another. Even if you were to find all the parts for it, it probably has other issues as well - otherwise, why take parts from a good working scope?

I do not envy your task!
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline flyte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #487 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »

It's very likely that someone was harvesting parts from your scope to fix another. Even if you were to find all the parts for it, it probably has other issues as well - otherwise, why take parts from a good working scope?

I do not envy your task!

That's indeed highly likely, but still, it's a shame. You don't give up on a device like this. They did use pro soldering equipment, I can see that, but their diagnostics skills seemed way less impressive.

Still, I'm prepared to give it a try in case I find a -B series donor board and more info (it seems TDS6/7000B series share a lot of components, based on photo observations). Once the VCOs are running and the main MCUs and other smaller stuff are back into place, it may show some signs of early life and real diagnosis fight can start.  :box:

So, anyone having one of these TDS6/7000B acquisition boards lying around or for sale, for free, bad or good?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:02:25 pm by flyte »

Offline stan_cool

« Reply #488 on: March 06, 2020, 11:42:20 pm »
I have two almost working 6804B's, I can send you pictures of the boards. Would be cool to collaborate on repair of these devices. Do you have any info on the architecture of AQ board?

Offline flyte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #489 on: March 09, 2020, 08:23:42 am »
I have two almost working 6804B's, I can send you pictures of the boards. Would be cool to collaborate on repair of these devices. Do you have any info on the architecture of AQ board?

Currently I don't have any, but I'll figure it out very soon ;)  I'll get in touch with you via PM for personal details.

Online pasta2018

• Contributor
« Reply #490 on: March 10, 2020, 02:57:10 pm »
Can anybody help,I did that as change the file sn,key and removed the#in the file,then I restart the instrument,now it seems stuck as the picture shows,should I wait or change the NVRAM battery?

Online pasta2018

• Contributor
« Reply #491 on: March 11, 2020, 12:41:37 pm »

[/quote]

Use the .sn file attached and replace Bxxxxxx with whatever your SN is.
To have the right options please update the .key file xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx with the option key on the back of your scope.
Store both files in c:/vxBoot/. Then look up topScript.hw file and uncomment the line "# NvramClearDb = 1" by removing the #. Reboot once so the SN an key are stored in the NVRAM and then comment back.

This did it for me. The files are taken from my TDS7104.
[/quote]
I just changed the three files and then restart my instrument . And then it stuck, can anyone give me some tips?Have I missed something?

Offline Xyphro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2020, 09:35:24 pm »
Hi Guys!

Would like to share some repair info back on the TDS7104, in this case the power supply.

I turned on my TDS7104 recently after a long time and it smelled strange and did not turn on. I immediately removed the power supply, inspected it visually.

The effect was:
- strange smell (but no Smoke)
- A clicking noise about 3-4 times per seconds when powered
- the RED LED close to IC310 was blinking with the same frequency as the clicking sound.

Began reverseengineering the schematic based on the PCB and doing lots of measurements.

Capacitor C97 was measured to have an ESR of 2 Ohm. This was unexpected high, allthough not tremendously too high.
I replaced it with another one (only had a 100V type lying arround, so it does not fit mechanically perfectly). This was my luck, because

I had to mount it with a distance to the PCB, and only because of this, I noticed this here:
https://youtu.be/4Kj9WRJPUvI

Note: The smoke is not coming from the cap, it is coming out of the PCB. Furthermore, there are sparks on the PCB.

Microscope inspection showed, that the CAP got incontinent and left it's jam on the PCB, where it etched it partly ways. After removing this, it turned out to have left a 1mms deep hole in the PCB. Likely this dielectricum got conductive too, otherwise there would not have been sparks.

After cleaning + remounting the new cap, the Supply was perfectly working again!

Best regards,

Kai
Still, I think this might happen to other CAPs too. Maybe worth to replace nearly all eletrolythic capacitors?!?

Looking for a unique, cheap versatile USB to GPIB adapter with standard USBTMC interface?
Build it yourself :-) https://github.com/xyphro/UsbGpib

The following users thanked this post: viniciusmuri

Offline viniciusmuri

« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2020, 04:57:48 pm »
Hi Guys!

Would like to share some repair info back on the TDS7104, in this case the power supply.

I turned on my TDS7104 recently after a long time and it smelled strange and did not turn on. I immediately removed the power supply, inspected it visually.

The effect was:
- strange smell (but no Smoke)
- A clicking noise about 3-4 times per seconds when powered
- the RED LED close to IC310 was blinking with the same frequency as the clicking sound.

Began reverseengineering the schematic based on the PCB and doing lots of measurements.

Capacitor C97 was measured to have an ESR of 2 Ohm. This was unexpected high, allthough not tremendously too high.
I replaced it with another one (only had a 100V type lying arround, so it does not fit mechanically perfectly). This was my luck, because

I had to mount it with a distance to the PCB, and only because of this, I noticed this here:
https://youtu.be/4Kj9WRJPUvI

Note: The smoke is not coming from the cap, it is coming out of the PCB. Furthermore, there are sparks on the PCB.

Microscope inspection showed, that the CAP got incontinent and left it's jam on the PCB, where it etched it partly ways. After removing this, it turned out to have left a 1mms deep hole in the PCB. Likely this dielectricum got conductive too, otherwise there would not have been sparks.

After cleaning + remounting the new cap, the Supply was perfectly working again!

Best regards,

Kai
Still, I think this might happen to other CAPs too. Maybe worth to replace nearly all eletrolythic capacitors?!?

My power supply had the same symptoms that you described, but in my case I still can't fix it. I performed the capacitance and ESR measurement of the capacitors with my DE-5000 meter, but found nothing out of the norm.

Offline Lahay_Alexey

« Reply #494 on: April 02, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »
Can anybody help,I did that as change the file sn,key and removed the#in the file,then I restart the instrument,now it seems stuck as the picture shows,should I wait or change the NVRAM battery?

Hi everyone, glad to be a member of this forum.
You need to see the status of the seven-segment Power PC board diagnostic display.
Codes are described in the service manual.

Offline Lahay_Alexey

« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2020, 08:55:28 pm »
    Hello. I became the owner of TDS7054, and it is somewhat broken.
    I want to tell you what I found out while I was working on the device and listening to it.
    Perhaps my colleagues from the forum will be able to give some advice on whether I'm on the right path or not.

• Here is the history of the device according to the selle:
      • The device worked fine at one point.
      • Then the device began to lose the user settings after a reboot.
      • The seller and his partner read this forum and decided to provide the necessary, but not qualified help for the device. :bullshit: on its own.:horse:
      The actions of the "rescuers":
      • Ordered with ebay assembly DS1245YP-100.
      • They disassembled the device and replaced it on a thermostat with a hairdryer DS1245YP-100.
      • They did not carefully assemble the device and broke several pins on the PA bus circuit board connector. It was restored with a wire.
      963348-0
      963340-1
      • The device stopped loading the program, hanging on the splash screen.
      963368-2
      • It’s not clear why that they couldn’t explain to me, but the MAX232 was unsoldered, they said that they thought the device would boot from this.
    • I diagnosed the following:
      • The device turns on and the Win 2000 is loading fine. The software freezes on the splash screen.
        On the diagnostic seven-segment indicator Power PC board is constantly ".8".
      963344-3
      • The pins are restored on the PA bus circuit board using pins from RJ-45.
      • On the board, there are traces of MAX232 soldering and traces of warming up the south bridge of PC87560 (silk-screen printing turned yellow - position marking)
      963352-4
      963356-5
      • A resistor is torn off the back of the board, under the CPU. CPU_RESET chain. Restored focusing on neighboring components in this circuit at 33 ohms.
      963360-6
      • Processor voltage ~ 2.6V - is normal and the rest of the board voltage is normal.
      • The voltage of the power connectors is in accordance with the documentation.
      • There is generation on all quartz resonators.
      • There is no data exchange on data buses.
      • HRESET# signal from the MPC740 CPU and MPC106 Northbridge is not removed.
      • The output signal CPURST of the south bridge of PC87560 is not disabled.
      • The input signals of PC87560 PM_PWRGOOD 3.3V and RESET_IN # 3.3V are good, but CPURST 3.3V.
      963364-7
      • When the CPURST is pulled to the ground, there is activity that appears on the boot rom U580 data buses, I think the MPC106 north bridge reads the software.
      • In my opinion, the PC87560 is not working.
      • The PC87560 I purchased on ebay, is being delivered.
      • I purchased the MAX232.
      • I ordered F28V100 to replace the manufacture of replacement DS1245YP-100.
    • Analyzing all the data that was obtained, I think this is what happened:
      • Without going into details the "rescuers" read the first post of this forum thread.
      • The DS1245YP-100 is soldered.
      • They soldered the wires to MAX232 from PC87560 side. They were not attentive.
        I think they had a USB to COM-port converter (with a glimpse of PL2303), which had to be connected to the debug port, and not was not soldered to the MAX232.
      • The PC87560 received +/- 12V, which destroyed it and changed the code on the diagnostic seven-segment indicator Power PC board.
      • They tried to unsolder the MAX232 thinking that they only burned it.
      • Not achieving their result, they tried to fry the PC87560.
      • They finally realized that they did not have sufficient qualifications and sold the device.

I have a few questions:
    • I want to ask the more experienced specialists in repairing forum participants, to evaluate my diagnostics, and to give advice if I missed something.
    • There is not enough documentation on the PC87560. Is there a circuit on the TDS7054?
    • Perhaps there are people who know power-on sequence Power PC board?
    • Dear TxB, I ask you to send a gerberfile if possible for the manufacture of a board on F28V100. My email is the-hedgehog@yandex.ru
    • Is it possible to remake the device in the TDS7104? If the question is not correct, please inform the-hedgehog@yandex.ru

Thanks to everyone who had the patience to read this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:07:28 pm by Lahay_Alexey »

Offline Xyphro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2020, 06:40:38 pm »

Would still replace the capacitor, that I highlighted and carefully clean the pad below it. I know of one other case, where exactly this was the cause.

Maybe it is better to even replace all CAPS. Just did this, because I was afraid of other capacitors dying in a few weeks from or so. Several of them had ESR values of e.g. 3 Ohms instead of the expected 0.0x Ohms, that the same caps from different locations had.

To ease, here a List, that I compiled. The diameter and height is just an approximation. Costs were ~40EUR for all capacitors, took me about 2h to replace. Some pads are very difficult to remove solder from, due to huge thermal mass. For some spots I needed the support of a heatgun. Take care, that you don't destroy vias, better heat up too long, than too short.

Here the list - Sorry, no shopping links included, I ordered those from a german catalog vendor.
Height [mm]   Diameter [mm]   Voltage rating   Value   Temp
C807   15   6,5   63   100u   105
C89   12   5   63   10u   105
C61   39   12   35   1500u   105
C62   39   12   35   1500u   105
C63   39   12   35   1500u   105
C78   39   12   35   1500u   105
C68   39   12   35   1500u   105
C57   39   12   35   1500u   105
C77   39   12   35   1500u   105
C74   39   12   35   1500u   105
C71   39   12   35   1500u   105
C72   39   12   35   1500u   105
C38   39   12   35   1500u   105
C39   39   12   35   1500u   105
C41   39   12   35   1500u   105
C32   39   12   35   1500u   105
C36   39   12   35   1500u   105
C37   39   12   35   1500u   105
C30   39   12   35   1500u   105
C31   39   12   35   1500u   105
C29   39   12   35   1500u   105
C27   39   12   35   1500u   105
C23   39   12   35   1500u   105
C26   39   12   35   1500u   105
C65   39   12   35   1500u   105
C70   39   12   35   1500u   105
C903   38,5   12,7   35   1500u   105
C347   12   6,5   35   22u   105
C116   20   10   35   330u   105
C115   20   10   35   330u   105
C113   20   10   35   330u   105
C114   20   10   35   330u   105
C900   20   10   50   330u   105
C528   12   5   50   4,7u   105
C18   53   35   450   470u   105
C19   53   35   450   470u   105
C93   12   5   50   6,8u   105
CU1   15   6,5   35   68u   105
C84   15   6,5   35   68u   105
C97   15   6,5   35   68u   105
C95   15   6,5   35   68u   105
C500   15   6,5   35   68u   105
C908   15   6,5   35   68u   105

Looking for a unique, cheap versatile USB to GPIB adapter with standard USBTMC interface?
Build it yourself :-) https://github.com/xyphro/UsbGpib

The following users thanked this post: Lahay_Alexey

Offline TiNTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #497 on: April 11, 2020, 06:56:11 pm »
Lahay_Alexey, did you restore the configuration parameters in NVRAM via console? Do you get any console output on debug UART port?
I'd start from there, before cooking parts like previous owner  :palm:
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline Lahay_Alexey

« Reply #498 on: April 11, 2020, 07:19:10 pm »
TiN thanks for answering.  I am not very good with English and maybe you didn’t understand everything from my previous post.  It is not possible to restore the NVRAM parameters at the moment, the PPC board is not working, the PC87560UDB south bridge is out of order.  The previous owner crippled the chip when trying to connect to the debug port incorrectly.  Now it makes no sense to connect to the debug port, it does not reach the initialization of the com port.  Debug port is implemented, just in PC87560UBD, but it does not work correctly.  PC87560UBD does not remove the reset from the processor and north bridge.  If you independently pull up the processor reset and the north bridge to the ground, then bootrom is read and everything stops with the code "1" on the seven-segment indicator and the debug port is silent.  PC87560UBD ordered, waiting.  As it comes, I will change it and I will try to work with the debug port.

Online pasta2018

• Contributor
« Reply #499 on: April 17, 2020, 06:00:44 am »
thanks to everyone, this problem was fixed after I reinstall the 2.5.5 firmware.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf