Author Topic: Tek P5200 HV Diff Probe - Test Leads  (Read 1342 times)

Offline zittTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Pinball-Mods.com
Tek P5200 HV Diff Probe - Test Leads
« on: January 20, 2019, 09:50:55 pm »
I recently made an offer for some supposedly tested good diff probes on FleaBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-P5200-High-Voltage-Differential-Probe/132763210368

I have a high side power (current) measurement I need to make and didn't want to fool about with ground loops or risk damaging my scope's front end or the pinball machine I'm measuring.

The units have seen some use / look dirty … but the bigger problem appears to be that they are missing the test leads which plug in to the red/black test points.

Does anyone know what the specs are for these connections? Do they accept standard multimeter test probes? The parts are due to arrive in a one Tuesday or wed. If possible; I'd like to do a Amazon Prime order for test probes so they are here when the parts arrive?

Suggestions? Does anyone KNOW a set that would work?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Tek P5200 HV Diff Probe - Test Leads
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:03:12 am »
Does anyone know what the specs are for these connections? Do they accept standard multimeter test probes?
yes anything that accept that banana plug..

Suggestions? Does anyone KNOW a set that would work?
this should work. if you think uni-t is expensive one. you may search for other hung low brand around the same keyword
https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNI-T-UT-C07-Multifunctional-adjustable-test-clip-pincer-Multimeter-Accessories/232397905344?hash=item361bfe9dc0:g:QO4AAOSwLsBZXJad:rk:25:pf:0
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

The following users thanked this post: zitt

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 08:22:57 am »
I'd try and minimise the length of lead, too long and you'll get ringing/peaking within the bandwidth of the probe (as occurs with the micsig diff probes).
I guess the original length is a good starting point.

Offline zittTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Pinball-Mods.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:58:57 am »
I ordered the probes @Mechatrommer suggested but given the China to US shipping times; I'll probably order some female banana jacks and some miniature clip leads and create some really short clippable adapters so I can put them in the system for testing.
For the reasons stated; I don't want really long multimeter cables to avoid coupling noise into the measurements.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf