Author Topic: MHS 5200P Signal Generator  (Read 555 times)

Offline gico750Topic starter

• Contributor
MHS 5200P Signal Generator
« on: August 23, 2021, 07:23:57 am »
Hi everyone, for some time I have this signal generator, 25Mhz two channels, it is working, with a USB connection to the PC and related software.
On the rear panel it has, among other things, the outputs of channels CH1 and CH2 "power out" but connecting the oscilloscope probe I can't find any signal, do you have any information about it? maybe something wrong? In any case I can't understand what this output is for and if it probably doesn't work. I tested the front output ch1 and ch2, they run perfectly
In the manual it indicates it as a connector on the rear panel but does not specify anything else.
In the photo (internally) you can see on the left the voltage regulator board with a lot of cooling ...
I thank in advance whoever wanted to help me understand.

• Contributor
Re: MHS 5200P Signal Generator
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:29:08 am »
I would like to upgrade with THS3092 chips, then improve output signal.

I have another question, when I connect a small loudspeaker to the normal front output, the signal distorts a lot perhaps due to the absorption of the speaker.
That's why I would like to understand how to use the rear outputs which should be power.

• Contributor
Re: MHS 5200P Signal Generator
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:36:41 am »
yestarday the chip was arrived, i replace they but the signal is bad a so i install the original.... unfortunately the waveform worsens at the same frequency and amplitude so I'm back with the original chips.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf