Author Topic: New Rigol DSA700 series cheaper spectrum analyzers  (Read 17930 times)

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
Re: New Rigol DSA700 series cheaper spectrum analyzers
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 06:12:26 am »
But if you need to do a VSWR measurement, and/or work with antennas, for HAM stuff, kind of tough.
You pull out an RF generator and configure it for a stepped sweep. FM modulate some noise to allow for bigger steps and use trigger out/trigger in to connect the instruments and synchronise the generator output with the SA sweeps. OK it will be much slower than using the tracking generator but it will work.

much slower as in sweep times (how slow?) or as in slower/more cumbersome to setup/operate the process?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:14:23 am by Electro Fan »

Offline 2x2l

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 07:39:27 pm »
Who is the 500mhz version appealing to?
ISM band 433.05 MHz - 434.79 MHz

My opinion is that if do any kind of serious work there need look least 3rd harmonic.
So, for check example ISM band tx minimum is 1.5GHz spectrum.
Some smartcards run at 13.3..something mhz (the NXP MiFare RFID chips you got on the Metro in DC, MBTA in Boston and tube in London). Also, casual testing your board for EMI - e field probes for oscillators, h field probes for SPMS. It's a real ghetto ghetto way to pre-test (youre better off renting an actual high bandwidth spectrum analyzer, rather than risking having to re-design/re-run a new revision) but haha in a pinch!

Offline I4E

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2016, 01:58:44 pm »
Your probably better off looking on Rigol's site for the datasheet.  If a distributor hasn't updated their site they'll have an outdated datasheet.   We received a datasheet early on when we were told the units were coming but since then there has been a new updated one released.

http://int.rigol.com/File/ModelTechDoc/20160531/DSA700_DataSheet_EN.pdf

We have some Automotive customers who use the 500MHz band and some companies who develop  RFID technologies..  I think they are trying to tap into some of the specialized areas that would use this frequency band .
Have a good day everyone!

Joy Torres
Instruments 4 Engineers ltd
Tel +44 (0) 161 871 7450
info@instruments4engineers.com

www.instruments4engineers.com

Authorized Distributor for Rigol.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:14:41 am by I4E »

Offline cio74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 09:16:59 am »
But if you need to do a VSWR measurement, and/or work with antennas, for HAM stuff, kind of tough.
You pull out an RF generator and configure it for a stepped sweep. FM modulate some noise to allow for bigger steps and use trigger out/trigger in to connect the instruments and synchronise the generator output with the SA sweeps. OK it will be much slower than using the tracking generator but it will work.

much slower as in sweep times (how slow?) or as in slower/more cumbersome to setup/operate the process?

I just setup a sweep generator and a basic spectrum analyser for plotting filters response, very easy to setup. Depending on the step size in Hz and the dwell time in ms it may take a while, multiply steps by dwell time to get the total plotting time. But it looks very nice in the end. You must have an SA capable to display peak-hold graph.

Offline freebil

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 05:37:52 pm »
Anyone got this?

Offline I4E

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 03:19:02 am »
Just a note we are offering special pricing on the new Rigol DSA 700 series spectrum analyzers  and DSA 800 series spectrum analyzers  in November only for EEVBLOG members. PM me for discount code.

Have a great day everyone.

Joy Torres
Instruments 4 Engineers
www.instruments4engineers.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf