Author Topic: Tektronix 7D15  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Electro FanTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Tektronix 7D15
« on: February 13, 2015, 01:23:20 am »
On a 7D15, I am trying to figure out this plug-in.  If you put the 7D15 into a horizontal slot and patch a BNC cable from a frequency generator to one of the two inputs at the bottom (we'll say the A input on the lower left of the 7D15), and then patch a BNC cable from the 7D15 output to a vertical plug-in, you can get the waveform to display and you can get the numeric frequency to display (if the 7D15 toggle switch is in the middle setting) - and if you change the frequency on the freq gen you can see the numeric freq readout change and the waveform freq change, but you can't change the freq gen amplitude and get the waveform amplitude to change.  I presume this is because the 7D15 outputs are fixed in their output voltage level?

I have lots of other questions about the 7D15 - but for starters can anyone confirm the above is normal operating behavior?

Thanks, EF

Offline VintageTekFan

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tektronix 7D15
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:34:16 am »
It's been a while since I've used mine, but I do believe that sounds right.

If I remember correctly, the manual is available via Google search, as well as a 7000 series plugin applications note, which has some configurations you can try for the 7D14 and 7D15.

If you can't find the 7000_pi_apps_sm, PM me.
The three laws of thermodynamics:
1. You can't win.
2. You can't even break even.
3. You can't get out of the game.

Offline MadTux

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 11:40:53 am »
No patch cable required, at least not with the 7D14. You can set it to pick up the trigger signal from the other timebase, if you plug it into a timebase slot.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 02:52:54 pm »
No patch cable required, at least not with the 7D14. You can set it to pick up the trigger signal from the other timebase, if you plug it into a timebase slot.

How do you set it to do that?  Thanks!  EF

Offline MadTux

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 03:39:54 pm »
Get a 4 plugin scope, with vertical amp (on the left 2 holes), a timebase and the 7D15(right 2 holes). Set the Trigger A and Trigger B knob to Trig Source and select the measurement you want with the buttons above. Then get a stable trigger on the timebase and you're done, if the 7D15 works fine
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:44:13 pm by MadTux »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 08:11:07 pm »
Get a 4 plugin scope, with vertical amp (on the left 2 holes), a timebase and the 7D15(right 2 holes). Set the Trigger A and Trigger B knob to Trig Source and select the measurement you want with the buttons above. Then get a stable trigger on the timebase and you're done, if the 7D15 works fine

Man!  With Norm lit and with the Freq B button lit that works like a charm!  The frequency counter now displays for both of the vertical plug-ins.  Thanks

I must have tried every other setting except what you instructed  :palm:

Now that we are on roll, any suggestions on the how to get the Period and Width functions going so the 7000 will show the period or width for both vertical plug-ins?

And while we're at it, any ideas on the use of the toggle switch settings for Psuedo Gate, Ch B, and True Gate?

Thanks! again, EF 

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 09:07:34 pm »
It's been a while since I've used mine, but I do believe that sounds right.

If I remember correctly, the manual is available via Google search, as well as a 7000 series plugin applications note, which has some configurations you can try for the 7D14 and 7D15.

If you can't find the 7000_pi_apps_sm, PM me.

Thanks for the tip on this.  Here it is in case anyone else would like it:
http://w140.com/sbcman/Technical%20Manuals-Main/Tektronix/7K/7000_pi_apps_sm.pdf

Offline pbanders

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 03:45:38 am »
The link to the 7000_pi_apps_sm.pdf note is dead, if anyone has a copy of the file they could send me, or a live link to the file, please PM me or post here, thanks.

Offline Tom45

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 06:27:57 am »
Search for 7000_pi_apps.pdf.

One current hit is : http://docmesure.free.fr/manuels/Tektronix/Serie%207000/plugins%207000/7000_pi_apps.pdf

It is about 5 mbytes. So I don't know if it is too large to be attached here.

Offline pbanders

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »
Thanks, I searched for the original file name and found only the dead link, thanks for the pointer!

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 07:12:18 pm »
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf